A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Syed Akbar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Syed Akbar, MD, MBBS, BS is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Dr. Akbar has special interests in Coronary CTAVirtual colonoscopyCT heart scoreMRI body
Education & Awards
Dr. Akbar graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Akbar has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akbar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan