Internists, Rheumatologist

New Lexington Clinic Psc
1221 S Broadway
Lexington, KY 40504
859-258-4450
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Feb 11th, 2014

terrible experience. very rude, did not listen to anything i had to say, rushed thru the visit and did not offer any type of medical advice or even a referral to another provider to treat my condition. would only recommend to someone that i hate.

|  Worst experience ever  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2013

I saw this dr in late 2009 after suffering fatigue for a year. Did my homework before my appointment and realized I may have lupus. Came to appointment with printouts from lupus foundation, list of symptoms, all ready to give a complete picture of my condition. I felt pretty confident going in, as I have a bachelors degree in health services administration and was finishing up my masters degree in occupational therapy. I felt ready to communicate on a professional level and hopefully get some answers about why I couldn't overcome this fatigue. When I saw the dr, however, he did not even let me finish my first sentence about what had been going on. He was not interested in the printputs or lab results I brought in. Instead he interrupted me mid sentence to tell me "there is nothing wrong with you. You don't have fibromyalgia. It is a made up disease" (I should clarify that I didn't mention fibromyalgia at all, just stated that I had had debilitating fatigue for a year) I was so embarrased to be seeking treatment for fatigue in the first place that I was mortified by his rejection of my complaints and I just let him finish his rant and left the appointment feeling terrible about myself. Three years later I had another exacerbation of fatigue that left me unable to do much more than get out of bed to do basic self care activities, and unable to work. This time I found a team of doctors who listened to my complaints and did the appropriate bloodwork. Turns out, I do have lupus. If dr Abbas had given me the curtesy of listening to my complaints or doing any labwork at all before humiliating me, I may have had a vastly improved quality of life for the past three years and may be able to be at work today instead of just now going through the process of finding the right medication for my condition. The other reviews I have read sound like he may treat other patients with respect, and maybe he was just having a bad day when I saw him, but in my experience he is not a caring or competent provider.

|  Enter At Your Own Risk? Are you sure you have the right doctor?  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

This doctor is the best doctor I will ever have or ever had in my life. He listens to me. His staff is wonderful. When I check-in I am taking immediately back. He diagnosed me when 2 other doctors, one is a Rheumatologist, could not. He spent over 30 minutes without irritation during my follow visit after learning for my disease. Wonderful! Enter at your own risk needs to explain itself because this was the best doctor I have ever been to in my life. I live 3 hours away and as long as he is alive and in/around this area, he WILL be my Rheumatologist.

|  Best Rheumy in Lexington Kentucky  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

Dr. Abbas is the best doctor I have ever gone to. His bedside manner is awesome. Even when I have a problem I think is related to his field and it is not he explains to me what is going on and reccommends what doctor I should see. I honestly wish he could act as my primary doctor.

|  enter at your own risk  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2011

they call it practice for a reason - don't expect a follow up - don't expect quality - don't expect anything - then you won't be disappointed. Poor - if you are looking for a rubber stamp you found it.

|  He is awesome!  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2009

Don't let the foreign name fool you. He knows what he's doing. I've had RA for 18 years. I went to Dr. Abbas when another local doctor turned out to be awful. Dr. Abbas is wonderful. He is courteous and genuine. He listens and will do his best to help and alleviate pain. I hated to move because he was so good to me.