Dr. Syed Abbas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Syed Abbas?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Syed Abbas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2016

Horrible Doctor

I waited for months for my appointment with Dr. Abbas. My neurologist sent me to him after a major surgery had awoken a sleeping beast. My body started attacking itself. Anyway, after months with no answers, and a suspected fibromyalgia diagnosis, (though I didn't and still don't want to believe it's real) I walked in with my husband. This appointment was so special and important to me that my husband took off work early to be there with me. I had notes; a journal actually, of what my life had been like for the past 9 months. After meeting him he seemed pleasant enough. I tried to read him some of my notes and explain what was going on, but he just didn't have the time for me. Without performing the standard pressure test or whatever it's called to diagnose fibromyalgia, he told me he thought I was depressed. DEPRESSED?!!!!??? No sh$&, Sherlock. Let's put you in your house in the fetal position for 9 months and see how long YOU can handle it, and how sunny your outlook is. I walked out with my husband, totally defeated. Luckily my neurologist is kind and understanding, so he gave me the diagnosis, though I've spent over a year trying to prove that wrong. I've had every test and then some. I tried to call his office and complain to the office manager about his behavior, and how I didn't want to pay the $50 I'd paid as a copay for absolutely nothing, but that didn't do anything. When it comes to your health, especially if you suffer daily, don't let doctors like this tear you down as he tore me down. RUN, DON'T WALK, FAR AWAY FROM HIM. Bad day or not, if he dismissed me so easily, think of how many others he has and will break down. I will never forget the way I was treated...it was over a year ago and I still get upset (crying now) when I think about this visit.

April 17th, 2016

He doesn't listen!

August 31st, 2015

One of my favorite doctors. very knowledgeable and highly personable.

July 15th, 2015

Dr. Abbas is an excellent doctor in my opinion and I am given outstanding service

February 11th, 2014

terrible experience. very rude, did not listen to anything i had to say, rushed thru the visit and did not offer any type of medical advice or even a referral to another provider to treat my condition. would only recommend to someone that i hate.

April 5th, 2013

Worst experience ever

I saw this dr in late 2009 after suffering fatigue for a year. Did my homework before my appointment and realized I may have lupus. Came to appointment with printouts from lupus foundation, list of symptoms, all ready to give a complete picture of my condition. I felt pretty confident going in, as I have a bachelors degree in health services administration and was finishing up my masters degree in occupational therapy. I felt ready to communicate on a professional level and hopefully get some answers about why I couldn't overcome this fatigue. When I saw the dr, however, he did not even let me finish my first sentence about what had been going on. He was not interested in the printputs or lab results I brought in. Instead he interrupted me mid sentence to tell me "there is nothing wrong with you. You don't have fibromyalgia. It is a made up disease" (I should clarify that I didn't mention fibromyalgia at all, just stated that I had had debilitating fatigue for a year) I was so embarrased to be seeking treatment for fatigue in the first place that I was mortified by his rejection of my complaints and I just let him finish his rant and left the appointment feeling terrible about myself. Three years later I had another exacerbation of fatigue that left me unable to do much more than get out of bed to do basic self care activities, and unable to work. This time I found a team of doctors who listened to my complaints and did the appropriate bloodwork. Turns out, I do have lupus. If dr Abbas had given me the curtesy of listening to my complaints or doing any labwork at all before humiliating me, I may have had a vastly improved quality of life for the past three years and may be able to be at work today instead of just now going through the process of finding the right medication for my condition. The other reviews I have read sound like he may treat other patients with respect, and maybe he was just having a bad day when I saw him, but in my experience he is not a caring or competent provider.

August 12th, 2011

Enter At Your Own Risk? Are you sure you have the right doctor?

This doctor is the best doctor I will ever have or ever had in my life. He listens to me. His staff is wonderful. When I check-in I am taking immediately back. He diagnosed me when 2 other doctors, one is a Rheumatologist, could not. He spent over 30 minutes without irritation during my follow visit after learning for my disease. Wonderful! Enter at your own risk needs to explain itself because this was the best doctor I have ever been to in my life. I live 3 hours away and as long as he is alive and in/around this area, he WILL be my Rheumatologist.

May 17th, 2011

Best Rheumy in Lexington Kentucky

Dr. Abbas is the best doctor I have ever gone to. His bedside manner is awesome. Even when I have a problem I think is related to his field and it is not he explains to me what is going on and reccommends what doctor I should see. I honestly wish he could act as my primary doctor.

March 24th, 2011

enter at your own risk

they call it practice for a reason - don't expect a follow up - don't expect quality - don't expect anything - then you won't be disappointed. Poor - if you are looking for a rubber stamp you found it.

August 12th, 2009

He is awesome!

Don't let the foreign name fool you. He knows what he's doing. I've had RA for 18 years. I went to Dr. Abbas when another local doctor turned out to be awful. Dr. Abbas is wonderful. He is courteous and genuine. He listens and will do his best to help and alleviate pain. I hated to move because he was so good to me.

June 5th, 2017