Dr. Syed Mustafa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 15th, 2016
No response
Dr Mustafa and staff are unresponsive and completely indifferent to patient care. They do not return phone calls even in emergency situations and staff is either incompetent or indifferent. DO NOT GO HERE If YOU WANT ANY KIND OF ADHERENCE to the hypocritic oath.

October 11th, 2015
Dr. Jamal was instrumental in treating two of our children. We literally trusted him with their lives as I doubt they would be the happy adults they are today without his help.

October 7th, 2015
This office is extremely hard to get in touch with, you have to leave a message...they don't answer phone calls. That is frustrating. The doctor is great, but because the office is so disorganized and doesn't always return phone calls, I left as a patient. I would recommend him as a doctor if you don't mind the office side of things.

May 29th, 2014
Incompetent staff and Dr.
Dr Mustafa's secretary is a real piece of work. If your frustrated and in real need I help she thinks she's being "attacked." When you try to explain the severe incompetence of his employee he becomes extremely defensive. He has no idea what he's prescribing and the amount changes every visit because he has no idea who his patients are. It's as if he forgets who you are the instant his door closes behind you. The woman who handles insurance claims and billing does not actually work in an office. She works from home and when there is a problem Mustafa and staff will not assist in contacting the responsible parties. They will tell you the only way is to you to deal with the insurance company's and their coding. This practice has made things worse for my family in the end. They cause a great deal of stress on people who already can't handle their current load. I've seen my family member leave in tears more often then not. And honestly, it's usually caused from stress created by his sceretary atleast half the time. Like I stated earlier, if this is brought to his attention he becomes extremely defensive, raises his voice and seems Miley aggressive. I recommend not investing any resources in this practice. It should be shut down.

April 15th, 2014
04/15/2014
The doctor does not care even to look at the patient. Do not do diagnosis.

September 26th, 2012
Not caring at all
It is not enough that the doctor had terrible office staff, his wife does the testing, and he does not care at all.

March 7th, 2012
A stellar doctor!
Dr. Jamal Mustafa is very well versed with the triumphs and tribulations of multiple cultures. This gives him a well-rounded understanding of the needs of his patients. Dr. Mustafa is a soft-spoken genteel psychiatric who is vested in ensuring the well-being of his patients. He is highly experienced and knowledgeable in the literary and clinical aspects of psychiatry. I am glad that I found a found a psychiatrist who does not treat me like an other number on his list of patients. He actually listens to my concerns and provides me with sound advice and various options for my mental health conditions. He also emphasizes the importance of working with a psychologist and other health care professionals in the rehabilitation of the patient. I really appreciate this integrative approach versus relying solely upon medications for treatment. There is no one size fits all approach in psychiatry. I highly recommend Dr. Jamal Mustafa!

September 20th, 2011
incompetent
I saw him for 7 years, for 5 minutes once a month. He remained the same stranger he always was. Whenever I saw him, he showed no signs that he had ever seen me before, recognized me, or knew me. He never said anything like "so how's that thing you mentioned last month?" How are you doing with you _________issues?" It was like the movie "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. He knew I had a problem with addictions but prescribed me amphetamines anyway. When my amphetamine addiction became very obvious, he increased the dosage. I feel he's negligent, harmful, dangerous and reckless.

May 3rd, 2011
Incompetent Psychiatrist
Dr. Mustafa gets you in and out of his office as quickly as possible and doesn't take the time to get to the core root of the issues. His solution is to medicate, yet is not thorough in diagnosing.

January 27th, 2011
Utterly Incompetent
My wife, suffering from severe depression, nearly died while in his care. He was unable to diagnose and recommend appropriate treatment for a seriously depressed patient.