A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Syed Ahmed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Syed Ahmed, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed graduated from Sindh Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Ahmed has 28 hospital affiliations:
- Pocahontas Community Hospital
- Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahmed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Syed M. Ahmed practice?
Dr. Syed Ahmed practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Plastic Surgery near Ottumwa, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Carroll, IA and Marshalltown, IA.
See Ottumwa Internists, Ottumwa Cardiologists, and Ottumwa Surgeons.