Psychiatrist, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book. CitySearch.
 |  Rude Diacourteous Staff  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2014

This clinic has very rude and discourteously staff who are unfit to be working in mental health. the doctor does not understand English or even understand written English and supports a rude and discourteous staff person and bookkeeper to mistreat patients. He has faulty business and operational standards as well as lack of medical care ethics in treating patients appropriately.

|  Incompetent Psycho Unprofessional Office Staff  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2014

Unprofessional incompetent unprofessional psycho office staff under no direction by the doctor Mistreats clients ontentiomally then engages im drama to CYA and later blames cliemt and blatantly lies.

|  LIABILITY TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH  |  show details
by Someone Whocares on Jun 5th, 2014

If I could rate this place a "0", I would. This place is a nightmare to work with, and is a liability waiting to happen. Completely incompetent staff: 1) Reception cannot be reached, 2) nor do they return phone calls. You can't even get the office manager to call you back. 3) it's impossible to get refills on your prescription. Not only do they ignore your request to get them refilled, but also a pharmacy's request to get them refilled. 4) Get a copy of your file every once in awhile....that is, if you can get it at all. The only way I could even SEE a copy of my file was if it was being requested by another doctor. They refused to give me a copy. When I did see a copy, I noticed that they wrote down the wrong diagnosis in my file, to the point where it could've been detrimental to my future. 5) Your blood work lab results that you pay good money for are "lost" or are "never received" by the office staff. I've been to more than one lab, and it's the same story from the doctor, every time I was able to get an appointment, and asked him to confirm my bloodwork. The answer was "no, I don't see it....when did you get it done?....Well, if we don't have it, it was never sent to us".....They take no accountability for their own responsibilities. It's a good thing I already have a copy of my file so I can move on to someone a lot more competent. Again, I would go out of my way to discourage ANYONE from becoming a patient at PSPC.

|  Wonderful Doctor RUDE STAFF  |  show details
by KritterRae on Apr 22nd, 2014

I would give him 4 stars but his staff is extremely rude. I was pleased with Dr. Mustafa overall. He is very attentive, friendly and thorough. He explains things very well and is generally a likable person. This helps immensely when dealing with personal issues that warrant seeing a psychaitrist. His staff, however, is very rude. I missed an appt due to circumstances beyond my control so I called to notify his receptionist that I could not make it in. I was treated as if I had committed the most unforgivable offense. I assumed maybe she was having a bad day so I didn't think anything of it. When I called a few days later to reschedule my appt I was interrupted and corrected with "This actually isn't a reschedule this is considered a late-cancel" followed by silence on the phone line. Apparently my mis-use of terminology triggered an agry response. I understand that missed appointments are an inconvenience for a doctor and in no way am I saying that missing appointments is ok. In fact, charge me the no-show fee, I understand why it is there! That said, there is no excuse to be short and rude to patients even if they miss an appointment. Life happens. Just a warning to those considering Dr. Mustafa, do not be deterred by his front desk. He is a great Dr!

|  Very caring  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2013

Dr. Syed Kamal Mustafa (or Dr. Kamal, as we call him) has been extremely caring toward my son's issues - listens well and engages my son in ways other doctors have not. His assistant Robin is also friendly and always calls us right back when we leave a voicemail.

|  show details
by Berni on Feb 4th, 2013

Dr Mustafa has been a nightmare.He does not communicate with me at all and he is quick to get you out the door. He will not return my calls or answer my questions.

|  Unprofessional Office and Unhelpful Doctor  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

I have been a patient here for nearly 2 years and I keep hoping that my experience will get better. It hasn't. The Dr. J (as he is called in the office) is cold and disconnected. He lacks any visible empathy and deals strictly with medications - does not seem to care much about the personal experience of his patient. The office staff are extremely unprofessional and incompetent. I have had appointments times moved without notice, several of my phone calls have gone unreturned and even when I called needing a "emergency appointment" as a current patient my phone call was not returned for several days. I have also had to call several times to get them to figure out my prescriptions - and I don't know if this is the doctor's fault or the staff's fault, but even my pharmacy can't get the doctor to call them back. I'm finally going to switch clinics.

|  Dr. Baker  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on May 1st, 2009 on judysbook.com

Good It has now been 7 years and we continue to think he is outstanding...will always refer us and doesn`t alarm us...just makes sure we do what we need to do on his referrals..

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  One of various bad experiences with him  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Sep 27th, 2008 on judysbook.com

Bad To give more detail- Sulfa is NOT prescribed for acne and besides, he KNEW I didn`t have acne, but Keratosis Pilaris, which antibiotics don`t treat.Why then did he even give me the Rx.

|  Call a mean friend instead of wasting your time wthis DR  |  show details
by heatherblonski at Citysearch on Oct 16th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Not only is this the laziest Dr. I have ever seen, but he was also condescending, sarcastic, and down right rude. If that is not enough to detour you he ordered no tests, barley checked me over I think he palpped my stomach a little, told me he had no idea what was going on with my health and said Good luck to you, it will either get much better or much worse in 2 days. You can call me then and we can do a phone consult. This is after I had already been seen by my OBGyno and another GP over a 2 week period where I was steadily getting worse. I ended up in the ER another few hundred dollars and counting a day and a half latter. When I called him back after the ER visit for his phone consult he never even bothered to call me back.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  show details
by heatherblonski on Oct 16th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Not only is this the laziest Dr. I have ever seen, but he was also condescending, sarcastic, and down right rude. If that is not enough to detour you? he ordered no tests, barley checked me over (I think he palpped my stomach a little), told me he had no

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Type the title here for your review of Baker James M MD  |  show details
by gloria s. at Judy`sBook on Jul 20th, 2007 on judysbook.com

I strongly disagree with your opinion of Dr. Baker! He has been our Dr. for 5 years. He has always been extremely thorough! Always taking the time to listen, No matter how long it takes! He always follows through! He is caring and compa...

|  Type the title here for your review of Baker James M MD  |  show details
by gloria s. at Judy`s Book on Jul 19th, 2007 on judysbook.com

|  Clueless Dr. Baker  |  show details
by Cynthia B. at Judy`sBook on Apr 20th, 2006 on judysbook.com

This doctor landed me in the hospital by prescribing a drug that I told him I was allergic to. He prescribed it to me in generic form, so I didn`t recognize the name, and I got violently ill. When he called me the next day, he didn`t apo...