Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

Terrible psychiatrist. show details Terrible psychiatrist.
by Never again. on Apr 16th, 2016

Interrupts everything you're saying, and when you try to interrupt him, he's offended. 5 times I've seen Mumtaz. Always had a terrible attitude, rushing to get me out of the room. Never seeing him again; he was VERY annoyed during my last visit, and extremely belittling. Fails to acknowledge my concerns without a humored pause, or a display of frustration. He got even angrier when I denied HIS therapy through HIM, and refused to allow my change of heart with a medication plan he suggested in the first place, minutes ago. Laughs in your face, and just wants your money. Mumtaz has a strong superiority complex, and uses your vulnerability against you.

by Cheryl Noack on Sep 19th, 2015

Dr Mumtuz is the best Dr in the St Louis area

Feb 17th, 2015

we called on a Tuesday to make an initial appointment, we were seen Thursday of the same week. we have only had good experiences with Dr. Mumtaz.

by Kelly Awad & Jessica Flieg on Jan 7th, 2015

The best doctor we ever had in 15 years! We spent the last ten with Dr. Mumtaz, and only left because we are now in Colorado! We miss him so much!

May 2nd, 2013

Great doctor!!

My daughter has used Dr. Mumtaz for over five years! show details My daughter has used Dr. Mumtaz for over five years!
Mar 10th, 2012

And We WILL NEVER CHANGE! This is the best doctor she has ever had, and there have been many. Most did not take quality time with her, and he genuinely cares!

Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Mumtaz is very low key & patient. He speaks to our children on his level treating them with much respect. I would definitely recommend him to friends. Whenever we have had problems between visits he has been very helpful. My two boys have much respect for him. We have been seeing him for several years.

excellent doctor show details excellent doctor
Jan 16th, 2012

Very caring doctor who listened to my daughter and my family and really connected with us. My daughter really thinks he is such a gentle, patient and caring doctor who she can easily talk to.

Insensitive doctor show details Insensitive doctor
Dec 19th, 2011

Probably too many appointments but this doctor does not take time to get to know his patient in this case my son. Always in a rush to see the next appointment and don't give out useful information to me. I am searching a new doctor.

Helpful, but old school show details Helpful, but old school
Aug 25th, 2009

Dr. Mumtaz definitely tries to work with the patients, but even after six months and 4-5 SSRIs and SNRIs I have very little anxiety relief. And because I'm so sensitive to the drugs, most of the antidepressants give side affects outweighing the benefits. He is quite knowledgeable on each drug and willing to ask the patient what they thing is wrong. Unfortunately, medical science has only come so far for people with depression/anxiety. Because of this you'll be almost surely given an SSRI to begin with. Some doctors hand these out like they are lollipops and they can really mess with your life.

by lisa ortmann on Feb 13th, 2009