Dr. Syeda Sultana MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 2nd, 2017
Increases patient anxiety
Assumes that all patients have criminal behavior or some sort. I felt like I had been slimed by going there. Judgemental and harsh.

July 11th, 2016
I had to wait over one hour to see the Doctor, however, it is worth the wait time. I rather see a doctor that takes her time with every single patient. Dr. Sultana is highly professional and knowledgeable in her field.

January 29th, 2016
terribly unprofessional

January 29th, 2016
Awful experience. Unprofessional. Never timely and inaccurate diagnosis. I do not recommend. Save your time and go to a more reputable doc.

June 16th, 2015
Seeing Sultana has made me even worse
Upon my arrival, the staff pushed their beliefs unto me, often judging my life choices of being a woman. Waiting time is always an hour at the very least. When I finally do see Sultana, we sit there in silence. As for medication, she switches it up every other visit or just tries to up the dose without specifying anything about it, what it treats, and I have also never actually been diagnosed with anything! She also refuses to meet the demands of the insurance policies she so call "accepts" which leaves me weeks without the medication I need. Also leaves unexpectedly leaving patients without the medication they need to function.

April 13th, 2015
Horrible.
The only reason the Zocdoc reviews is 4 is because they are from verified patients. the rest of us have been discharged because of their mistakes. She will give you Pristiq because she is paid to even though you cant afford it. and because of her mistake you will be left without medication. Just horrible service.

April 1st, 2015
WORST office I have ever been to
Wait time 2 hours minimum. staff worst ever-no organization. she left me w/o meds.

March 14th, 2015
Warning - Do NOT go to this Doctor!
Dr. Sultana misdiagnosed me as Bipolar I. For two years I have been on the wrong medication and there will be irreversible brain damage from this. Dr. Sultana kept changing my medication (adding more), but not taking the time to LISTEN to what was wrong. After seeing an expert psychiatrist at a top notch hospital I was told that I clearly had a Personality Disorder and my symptoms were impossible to diagnose as Bipolar. I am on different med's and in DBT. I wish I had left Dr. Sultana sooner and trusted my gut when she kept adding/ increasing med's without listening, only making me feel more drugged/ out of it/ depressed/ dangerous. I am finally getting better and living normally!! Do not go to this doctor. Fight for the best one you can find!

February 20th, 2015
DO NOT SEE THIS DR!!!!!
Welcome to the world of poor medicine! I am a practice manager of a medical office so I know what patients should expect. And if my practice's patients had to go through what I went through at Dr. Sultana's office, then I would have a failing practice. I agree with all these other reviews from other patients. The wait time was almost 2 hours and I never was able to see the doctor because I had to get back to work. The staff was very rude and unprofessional. They demanded I get my old records IMMEDIATELY for them, they demanded I obtain the fax number from my old doctor's office as well. The staff at my office (and most offices) will make the effort to get old records for a patient and do not DEMAND that they are obtained IMMEDIATELY. The office was dirty and old. The paperwork was so unprofessional, literally a blank piece of paper that asked for my name. I had a horrifying experience and would never go back. I will be also spreading this around the medical professional community because no office should be run this way. And after reading the other reviews, I'm so glad I never actually met the physican or had to pay for my appointment! Even though I was threatened that I would have to pay if I walked out....but I think after waiting for 2 hours, I had every right to walk out without seeing the doctor or paying!

October 20th, 2014
I think we only started on time once or twice. Very upset with missing work and not being treated as a person. Felt like just a number.

July 28th, 2014
Horrible Experience!
Do not see this doctor!!! First off I waited 3 hours before I was seen, and all the staff said was sorry. I sat in this nasty office which happens to be creepy as well, as I watched people come in after me be seen while I just sat there and waited. The front office staff is ridiculous they had a boy who looked to be no more then 15 taking payments and answering the phone. He was rude and unprofessional. Definitely not a good look for the office. Next, the lady in front was more inquisitive about how I got my insurance than actually accepting it! Finally, the doctor, she has some issues herself I believe. I was there as a new patient to be seen for my ADD and she was more concerned with me being of Indian decent and eating better! Now someone please tell me how this is supposed to help me focus! Ugh this visit is beyond the worst experience

September 5th, 2013
Dissapointed
I scheduled an appointment with this doctor through ZocDoc, I work a busy schedule and travel a lot and don't often have time to make appointments over the phone as most of my free time is during irregular hours. My first experience was her office cancelling my appointment last minute only a couple days prior, the explanation was that they were overbooked for that day, so I simply rescheduled for two weeks later via ZocDoc. When I went to confirm my appointment a week prior, I received the most awkward receptionist who seemed extremely unorganized. I explained to her that I had booked my appointment through ZocDoc and that I would like to confirm my appointment for next week, her response was, "Yes, yes, we will book your appointment now over the phone." I explained to her that via ZocDoc I should have been already booked and confirmed for my appointment the following week, and her response was, "Yes, may I take your name and number?" I gave her my name and number and after a few seconds of awkward silence she said, "Ok... we will call you back for an appointment." And hung up on me! I immediately cancelled my appointment via ZocDoc and am grateful that I never actually went through with it, seems like a scam!