Psychiatrist

2.0

Seeing Sultana has made me even worse show details Seeing Sultana has made me even worse
by Asia on Jun 16th, 2015

Upon my arrival, the staff pushed their beliefs unto me, often judging my life choices of being a woman. Waiting time is always an hour at the very least. When I finally do see Sultana, we sit there in silence. As for medication, she switches it up every other visit or just tries to up the dose without specifying anything about it, what it treats, and I have also never actually been diagnosed with anything! She also refuses to meet the demands of the insurance policies she so call "accepts" which leaves me weeks without the medication I need. Also leaves unexpectedly leaving patients without the medication they need to function.

Horrible. show details Horrible.
Apr 13th, 2015

The only reason the Zocdoc reviews is 4 is because they are from verified patients. the rest of us have been discharged because of their mistakes. She will give you Pristiq because she is paid to even though you cant afford it. and because of her mistake you will be left without medication. Just horrible service.

WORST office I have ever been to show details WORST office I have ever been to
by T on Mar 31st, 2015

Wait time 2 hours minimum. staff worst ever-no organization. she left me w/o meds.

Warning - Do NOT go to this Doctor! show details Warning - Do NOT go to this Doctor!
by J.J.C.M on Mar 14th, 2015

Dr. Sultana misdiagnosed me as Bipolar I. For two years I have been on the wrong medication and there will be irreversible brain damage from this. Dr. Sultana kept changing my medication (adding more), but not taking the time to LISTEN to what was wrong. After seeing an expert psychiatrist at a top notch hospital I was told that I clearly had a Personality Disorder and my symptoms were impossible to diagnose as Bipolar. I am on different med's and in DBT. I wish I had left Dr. Sultana sooner and trusted my gut when she kept adding/ increasing med's without listening, only making me feel more drugged/ out of it/ depressed/ dangerous. I am finally getting better and living normally!! Do not go to this doctor. Fight for the best one you can find!

DO NOT SEE THIS DR!!!!! show details DO NOT SEE THIS DR!!!!!
Feb 20th, 2015

Welcome to the world of poor medicine! I am a practice manager of a medical office so I know what patients should expect. And if my practice's patients had to go through what I went through at Dr. Sultana's office, then I would have a failing practice. I agree with all these other reviews from other patients. The wait time was almost 2 hours and I never was able to see the doctor because I had to get back to work. The staff was very rude and unprofessional. They demanded I get my old records IMMEDIATELY for them, they demanded I obtain the fax number from my old doctor's office as well. The staff at my office (and most offices) will make the effort to get old records for a patient and do not DEMAND that they are obtained IMMEDIATELY. The office was dirty and old. The paperwork was so unprofessional, literally a blank piece of paper that asked for my name. I had a horrifying experience and would never go back. I will be also spreading this around the medical professional community because no office should be run this way. And after reading the other reviews, I'm so glad I never actually met the physican or had to pay for my appointment! Even though I was threatened that I would have to pay if I walked out....but I think after waiting for 2 hours, I had every right to walk out without seeing the doctor or paying!

Oct 20th, 2014

I think we only started on time once or twice. Very upset with missing work and not being treated as a person. Felt like just a number.

Horrible Experience! show details Horrible Experience!
by Amanda on Jul 28th, 2014

Do not see this doctor!!! First off I waited 3 hours before I was seen, and all the staff said was sorry. I sat in this nasty office which happens to be creepy as well, as I watched people come in after me be seen while I just sat there and waited. The front office staff is ridiculous they had a boy who looked to be no more then 15 taking payments and answering the phone. He was rude and unprofessional. Definitely not a good look for the office. Next, the lady in front was more inquisitive about how I got my insurance than actually accepting it! Finally, the doctor, she has some issues herself I believe. I was there as a new patient to be seen for my ADD and she was more concerned with me being of Indian decent and eating better! Now someone please tell me how this is supposed to help me focus! Ugh this visit is beyond the worst experience

Dissapointed show details Dissapointed
Sep 5th, 2013

I scheduled an appointment with this doctor through ZocDoc, I work a busy schedule and travel a lot and don't often have time to make appointments over the phone as most of my free time is during irregular hours. My first experience was her office cancelling my appointment last minute only a couple days prior, the explanation was that they were overbooked for that day, so I simply rescheduled for two weeks later via ZocDoc. When I went to confirm my appointment a week prior, I received the most awkward receptionist who seemed extremely unorganized. I explained to her that I had booked my appointment through ZocDoc and that I would like to confirm my appointment for next week, her response was, "Yes, yes, we will book your appointment now over the phone." I explained to her that via ZocDoc I should have been already booked and confirmed for my appointment the following week, and her response was, "Yes, may I take your name and number?" I gave her my name and number and after a few seconds of awkward silence she said, "Ok... we will call you back for an appointment." And hung up on me! I immediately cancelled my appointment via ZocDoc and am grateful that I never actually went through with it, seems like a scam!

by Julie on Jul 11th, 2013

I DO NOT recommend this doctor. Her office setting is unfriendly, the staff are hard to understand and the doctor was beyond rude. My son and I entered the office and the first thing we said to one another is "man this place is creepy". Not a good way to start off. The doctor talked at us and did not listen to what we have been through. She rolled her eyes at my son's behavior. (He is 12 mind you with ASD, OCD and several other Rx). Upon leaving the appointment I asked her if she was going to help treat my son and her answer was "Well, I will have to think about that and you shouldn't be ashamed of your son." I was beyond upset and just wanted to leave. For a doctor to not want to help a child is just disgusting to me. She scheduled a 2nd appointment for a week later. When I called the next day to cancel because I am not going back it wasn't even made in the first place. Thanks for nothing!

Patient in need of caring doctor show details Patient in need of caring doctor
Mar 21st, 2013

This doctor is not warm and fuzzy. Almost robotic. Really doesn't listen to you and interrupts often. I don't really think she understands mental health issues. If you don't agree with her, or challenge what she says, she simply says that "patient has lost faith in my ability as a doctor" and that you need to find someone else. Really? If I were a new patient looking for a doctor, I would definitely look elsewhere.

Changed the meds I was on from my previous doctor... show details Changed the meds I was on from my previous doctor...
Sep 18th, 2011

This doctor is like so many now who are so afraid to orescribe certain medications...even if its needed...my old doctor prescribed me xanax and blood pressure meds which also help curve my panic attacks. The prescription was very low .025mg just to take the edge off when I am in a passanger in the car...its a very low dosage..but its perfect for me. My previous doctor passed away which is why I went to her to begin with. It took months to get the courage uo to see a new doctor...and when I finally did...she wants to do what other doctors do who dont listen...put ya on vitamin D and of course change my regimen completely even though it was working just fine. Oh...wanted me to take Lexapro...which surprise...is not covered by cigna...shady if you ask me....btw...anxiety and depression do not have to always walk hand and hand. Is there a doctor out there who knows this??? Cause I dont need a daily pill for depression when my anxiety attacks are not constant...ive completely given up on my condition or on getting treatment for it....i just live with it now...thanks for listening doc!

Dec 21st, 2010

Dr is caring, but not one to show much emotion. Takes a conservative approach toward medication which is good. Kind, office staff is not friendly

Mar 11th, 2010

I do not recommend to anyone! The staff can not understand or speak english very good and they are very RUDE!!

FIND SOMEONE ELSE show details FIND SOMEONE ELSE
by EC on Nov 24th, 2008

AFTER ONLY 30 MINUSTES WITH MY DAUGHTER, DR. WANTED TO PRESCRIBE ANTI-DEPRESSENTS!.. NOW I HAVE BEEN WAITING 5 MONTHS FOR THEM TO FILE CLAIM WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY SO THAT I MAY BE RE-IMBURSED THE OUTRAGOUS FEE THAT I WAS CHARGED FOR THE VISIT. THEY INSIST ON BEING PAID, BUT THEN WILL NOT GIVE YOU NECESSAY PAPERWORK FOR INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR. OR ANY ONE IN HER OFFICE.! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.