Dr. Sylvan Bartlett MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Odessa, TX

May 9th, 2017
Great experience
I had breast augmentation and Dr. Bartlett and his staff were awesome.

April 18th, 2017
Do not recommend!
When I first came in to see Dr. Bartlett, I was impressed with the amount of knowledge and experience he seemed to have. I thought the method they used for you to determine the size of implant you want was kinda strange. I just wanted to fill out the loose skin I had from being bigger and breastfeeding, so I was not sure what cup size that would end up being. They had me guess a size I wanted to get to and put on a cone shaped grandma bra and stuff it with bags of birdseed that were pretty filled to different implant sizes. It was impossible to tell what my end result would look like but I picked what seemed like it would be the best fit. During the operation he used a local anesthesia but I was still dozing off thanks to all of the other meds he had me take. I ended up waking up twice screaming in pain while he was working on my right breast. Apparently he didn't get the anesthesia deep enough into the muscle. The next day when I came in for a checkup, I expressed my concern for the right side being bigger and in more pain. He quickly brushed it off saying that it was just higher up because i had more muscle from being right handed. Well I corrected him because I'm actually left handed, it seemed to me he didn't have a good answer and that's all he could say. Over the next few days, I ended up having a tremendous amount more pain on the right side. My muscles were equally sore, but I was having a lot of issues with my nerves on the right side along with it still feeling bigger and more swollen. The surgery was done on wednesday, and I called the doctor on saturday to see what he thought about it. He said to wrap up as tight as I could with an ace bandage and come in on Monday. Well when I went in Monday, he took one look at me across the room and told me I was just fine that there was nothing wrong with me. I tried to go into detail about what I was experiencing and ask questions but he interrupted me several times. I was so upset that I ran out of the room in tears because how rude he was being. I ended up coming back because I was almost out of my prescription and still in a lot of pain. I told him the 5 mg hydocodine wasn't doing much for me and he asked me if I was a freaking drug addict! So all I got from him was Tylenol 3. Well I never picked them up because once I took off that stupid ace bandage, the muscle pain wasn't bad and the meds didn't do anything to help the nerves. The pain is ok now even though I still get nerve pain on the right side. I was unhappy to find out that he did both implants the same size even though he knew my right one was already bigger. A good surgeon would have adjusted implant sizes to even them out, but he just talked down to me for having a problem with it. Anyways, I came in to my 6 week appointment today and they didn't ask me how I liked the results or anything. Bartlett did make a comment about possibly needing to do a lift thought. I told him that if I get another operation, they are just coming out. I said that they wound up being bigger than I was anticipating. He just tells me that I am the one who picked my size so it's my fault. When I told him that there's no possible way I could tell how they would turn out based on stuffing birdseed in a grandma bra, he said I was the only one whose ever complained about it. Then he got upset and left the room. He has no people skills whatsoever and if you aren't stroking his ego, he doesn't give a crap about your feedback. He certainly doesn't care about good customer service either. All I know is, I will not be coming back! If I get them removed or anything else done, I will find another surgeon who actually cares about his patients.

April 13th, 2017
Excellent work , I really loved my results. Had breast augmentation done under the muscle and they look so pretty & natural and what i liked most is that i didnt have to be put to sleep :) defenetly recommend Dr. Bartlett for plastic surgery
Excellent, gives you the time to explain everything very well before surgery.

March 4th, 2017
wonderful experience. two hours together going over every detail of the procedure
DR bartlett answered all my questions. went in to detail about the procedure. very honest .very happy with results.exactley what he said

March 4th, 2017
i had a great experience here and i love my results.
i had a great experience here. i love my results and i would tell every one to come here. the team was great and answered all of my questions. they are they best team out there. if i ever needed anything else done i would come back here forsure.

February 10th, 2017
Its been a great joy working with the staff here at Dr. Bartlett's office.
Very pleased with the results

February 9th, 2017
I am very impressed with procedure you did recently!!!!
I would have not believed the results that it accomplished. My face is dramatically lifted over the mouth and jaws. I am in shock still of improvement. Thx

February 9th, 2017
I am very Impressed with procedure you did recently!!
I would not have believe the results that it accomplished. My face is dramatically lifted over the mouth and jaws. I am shocked at the improvement.

January 31st, 2017
Over all my results are is what I expected.
Was provide with all details and pics.

December 17th, 2016
Find another doctor.
I wouldn't recommend him. My results were so awful that here I am a little over two years later recovering from a augmentation/lift to fix the damage he had done.

November 8th, 2016
Very pleased with the entire experience with Dr. Bartlett!
From the initial consultation through the 3 month post surgery checkup, this has been a wonderful experience. I was nervous because I hadn't had any ...

October 27th, 2016
Very Happy with my Breast Augmentation results!!
Everyone was extremely nice and made me feel very comfortable. I made the right decision coming to Dr.Bartlett for my breast, and will be recommendi ...