A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sylvan Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sylvan Brown is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sylvan Brown, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Rheumatic Diseases.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.More Education & Awards
Dr. Brown has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown
- Palmerton Hospital
- Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Brown accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance