Family Practitioner, Pediatrician, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists

7945 MacArthur Blvd
Ste 200A
Cabin John, MD 20818
301-320-6665
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  pushes parents to adhd drugs agresively  |  show details
by bob in rockville on May 31st, 2012

Had one appointment 2 years ago. Arrived on time, waited 35 minutes for 15 minutes of face time. Lots of pharmaceutical provided brochures in the cramped waiting room. Daughter (6 at the time and only having learned English at age 5, Spanish was her first language) had migraine headaches and was also having trouble learning to read. I made the mistake of mentioning the reading part to the doctor. The doctor speaks perfect, but heavily accented, English (i believe she is from argentina) she.asked my doughter, rather quickly, to hop on one foot and then to hop on the other going from one end of the room to the other and back again. My doughter did not understand her instructions 2 times and the.doctor flatly told me that my daughter was "hyper active". She told us that medication is the only answer. I told her that I had concerns about giving a growing child mind altering drugs, every day. To this she explaines how all of the rich kids in the area are medicated their children to give them a competitive advantage in school. She then interigated me about my career, pointing out that I probably gave my doughter ADHD genetically and queried how much better I might have done had my parents medicated me. (this whole.conversation occurs in front of my daughter, humiliating). In parting she gave me a survey to give to my daughter's teachers and some other glossy brochures from a pharmaceutical company. I felt terrible leaving her office. Fortunately my daughter's report card came home with her the very next day and Montgomery county includes a survey which matches verbatim the one the doctor gave me. (1-5 completes tasks independently: 1 never, 5 always etc.) Both her regular and esol teachers rated her as not being ADHD at all (its pretty clear which questions should be closer to 5 and which should be closer to 1; hers came back all 5's and 1's in a good way). Two years later my daughter is at grade level, no medication.

|  show details
Mar 16th, 2009

Great doc! Kids love her and mom does too!