A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sylvia Karasu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Karasu
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Karasu Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sylvia Karasu, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Karasu graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Karasu has 3 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
- New York Presbyterian / Westchester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sylvia Rabson Karasu MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Sylvia R. Karasu practice?
- Dr. Sylvia Karasu has 1 office location.
Dr. Sylvia Karasu practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.