Dr. Tae Noh MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Tampa, FL

3.4

May 5th, 2017
Do NOT go here! Strongly do NOT recommend. A few weeks after paying for “New Patient” office visit, I called to make my annual Well Woman Exam appointment. After checking in for my WWE appointment the front desk/recp tried to collect money from me. I again explained I had made a Well Woman appointment and Cigna covered at 100%. I was later called back to a room and Kimberly Clarke, ARNP (really LOVED her) completed my pap & breast exam. She went over the lab blood results from my previous appointment and completed the prescriptions I had provided from my previous appointment for my insurance mail order service. When I received the EOB and saw I was NOT being billed for my annual WWE but for $240.00 Office Visit. I called Cigna, they told me I had to call Dr Noh’s office and have them resubmit the claim with proper code “Preventative” instead of with a Diagnostic code. Cigna confirmed the Lab test for annual pap was billed properly. I called Dr Noh’s office inquiring about one of my (very important) prescriptions that wasn’t included with my other mail order Rx’s I received and explained the wrong code used to bill Cigna on my WWE appointment. I asked for my missing Rx be sent to Cigna for mail delivery ASAP. Later I spoke with Iris (Dr Noh’s wife, I’ve been told). She would not give me an opportunity to speak but very rudely told me since prescriptions were given, it isn’t considered WWE! It didn’t matter that I made the appointment for WWE, that I reminded the front desk it was for my annual exam the appointment day, or that I had pap & breast exam. None of that matters because of Rx’s which I provided at my previous appointment! Iris refused to correct and resubmit to Cigna. So instead of being covered 100%, I’m caught between Iris and Cigna and out more than another $100+! Finally, after checking Cigna website for my prescription status every day this week and seeing NO new Rx’s, I called Dr Noh’s office again and was put on hold for over 6 mins (I’m at work). Then Iris picked up and I asked to leave a message for Kimberly, ARNP about a prescription. Iris KNEW why I was calling because she had my chart and saw the message I’d left! Anyway, Iris told me we don’t prescribe HRT. I told her it would’ve been nice if someone had told me that bit of information at any point during me being a patient. So I guess by the time I find another doctor, pay another New Patient Office Visit, complete all their documentation, and go over my entire life medical history!!! Dr Noh’s wife has cost me hundreds of dollars, much wasted time, and even more STRESS. (BTW, I know I’m by far not the only patient that Iris has treated so rudely and unprofessionally!)

January 26th, 2017
Dr. Noh and Staff are top notch!
Dr. Noh will spend an hour with you if thats what you need. Kim, the PA , works mornings and is great! Helpful, caring, smart and thorough. I love the office staff too. If you need to be seen, they will fit you in. They have occasional Saturday hours also. Just awesome care.

April 5th, 2016
Nice facility and staff. Been here several times over the year since I had to change doctor due to insurance.

February 10th, 2016
Front desk HORRIBLE!!! There is a receptionist named Iris I believe. The most inconsiderate person I have ever met

January 4th, 2016
This review is all about the doctor, just like it reads on top, *Tell us about your experience with Dr. Noh*.. HE SAVED MY LIFE, I have been a patient for over 10 years, always going to him for everything, pains, flu, migraines whatever it was. He listens to me every time always pleasant with me. In 2014 I went in for a hernia check I thought, after examining me he requested blood work and a PSA test, I'm 50 no family background of cancer, but he had a feeling. My results came back positive psa high and stage 3 prostate cancer! He sat with me we went over the different options and we decided to see a urologist make a long story short, He found the cancer we removed the prostate and now I'm cancer free!! So remember folks its about the DOCTOR forget the staff, he's the best! ps.......... I've NEVER had any issues with the staff.. I guess I'm polite to them and they are polite to me!

October 8th, 2015
My family doc for 13 years. Always been there for us. Occasionally, we have had to wait but that is balanced by the fact that he always takes the time we need during our visit.

July 22nd, 2015
It's not just Iris
I too have been a patient of Dr. Noh from the start. I was with another doctor but my brother spoke so well of him, I had to see. He was so impressive, kind and truly dedicated to his profession. I was hooked & have been his patient for over 13 years. He is truly a great doctor and I am grateful for all his work, ...but all good things come to an end when you hire unprofessional people and don't want to hear your patient's complaints. The entire staff needs to go! I dread going in for appointments to get Rx refills and choose the walk in clinic for minor concerns. I have put up with all the office demands, forms, and moods because I have so much history with Dr. Noh. but ...i hate their lousy record keeping, not being able to speak to my doctor or get an Rx when I need one because they can't bill my insurance for a visit if I don't go in. . Most of all I hate the fact that I never see a bill or what is charged. I am looking for a new Pcp for my family, but I wish Dr. Noh would make a few changes for his patients.

June 13th, 2015
PCP epic fail
I have been healthy most of my life, but recently began having problems, and thought it best to consult a primary care physician, rather than a walk-in clinic with a different doctor every time. Dr. Noh was in my area and on my insurance plan, so I gave it a try. I really wanted a physical for school (required annually for my graduate program) but upon arrival and after the entire waiting room heard the conversation a staff member had with my insurance company, I was wrongly informed (as I know now) that I needed a sick visit reason for it to be covered with a $20 copay. So, from across the waiting room, and with other patients present, I was asked to give private health information about why I am sick. Then, after waiting at least 30 minutes past my scheduled appointment time, even though I arrived 15 minutes early, an assistant took my BP, weight, temp., etc. I spent another 20 minutes in the waiting room. Typical of any doctor office, I do admit. My blood pressure was high (something I have known and been concerned about for months) and Dr. Noh wanted an EKG. I understood why, but assured him that in the last 6 months I had had 2 EKGs with normal results and offered to have them faxed to him. He declined, and said he wanted to be extra careful. I heard him speaking with the nurse/ MA outside my consultation room. The nurse/ MA expressed my concerns to him about insurance coverage and my ability to afford this procedure, to which he responded, "I don't care, get it done." When I finally had an assessment by Dr. Noh himself, it was like Patient Interaction 101: What Not to Do. He constantly interrupted me, made assumptions about my lifestyle to which I felt the need to defend myself rather than explain, and he refused to trust anything I said, at my own expense. The examples that stand out are pregnancy to explain my weight gain (which was impossible thanks to reluctant abstinence and birth control), and worrying me about pheochromocytoma (a rare adrenal tumor) to explain my steady blood pressure increase. He ordered lab tests including these things that would not be covered by my insurance, despite the fact I explained to him that I KNOW where the weight gain came from. I ate/ drank every one of those calories! He also managed to panick me so much that I sought a second opinion later. He said I was at a high risk of clot or stroke and that he wanted to take me off of my birth control, which was successfully treating other conditions. Anyway, although I complained of an asthmatic cough, he refused to give a short round of prednisone (which has worked for me in the past and did not even offer controller medications, and decided an antihistamine would do. Two days later, I was so dried out, the coughing was even worse. A walk-in clinic doctor listened to my concerns, and calmed me about the realities of my condition and what I should do now. I will definitely be looking for a new PCP.

March 31st, 2015
Iris the rude wannabe doctor! she's very spiteful!
Leaving because of Iris! Rude! Rude! She seems to think she is a doctor! Making decisions she has no business making. She crossed the line the other day taking me in the room writing rx she thought I should have to get me through. I only went in because my pain med rx was written wrong and needed to be rewritten. I do believe she violated my privacy law. I will let the lawyer decide that. Just look around the messy office, it's your records, it's your health. You decide!

March 28th, 2015
doctor's wife/office manager/wanna be doctor /rude!
If you like long wait times, rude Iris!!!! No follow ups on labs oh did I mention Iris that has no training, just look around being counter what a complete mess it is. Patients records scattered everywhere! Not one ounce of organizations. They talk about patients not in a nice way fir anyone to hear. Workers pounding on door telling Dr. NOH HURRY UP, we want to go home. I heard that a few times. Call and you get machine way more than a live person! Just look behind counter of the mess if you don't believe me. Do you really think your records are in order? Hahaha check for yourself.

January 19th, 2015
Never Again
I have been going to Dr. Noh for the last 3 years. On my first visit the office manager Iris asked me if I was a pain management patient. Note that it was my first visit. Obviously that was inappropriate. Answer = NO. She was very rude and seemed like I was not welcomed. It made me feel very uncomfortable. Needless to say Dr. Noh was polite. Every time I called to make an appointment Iris would answer and put me on hold, I could hear her talk to the staff very disrespectful as to me. I would be happy when I came to an appointment and she was not there. She talks down to people and acts like she is the doctor. She needs to check herself; she is at the front desk. I put up with her because Dr. Noh. She is manic and should not be talking to patients. She is a patient. Honestly she is ruining his practice and due to the fact he will be held liable.

June 5th, 2014
RUDE OFFICE MANAGER!!!
Dr. Noh is a really sweet man. He is not the best but does his best to provide his patients with what they need. I enjoyed having him as a doctor. Yet, his wife who is also the office manager is another story. She is RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, AND FORGETS THAT HER HUSBAND IS THE DOCTOR NOT HER!!! I have thyroids and needed a refill until I was able to go to see Dr. Noh the following week yet she said NO!! Apparently told me common sense would tell me if I need those pills I should have gone to see Dr. Noh sooner. Not to mention she told me I should know the policies in the office yet I never received a policy book. She even had the audacity to tell me to go to a walk-in clinic and check if I can get a prescription from them because she wasn't going to help me. Needless to say I will not longer be going there and neither will my boyfriend. Thanks to her, Dr. Noh will be losing a lot of patients.