Dr. Tad Shirley MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Spring, TX

no change

November 4th, 2016
Dr.Shirley is a wonderful doctor we have been with him for a long while. Could not ask for a better doctor. Office is very nice my kids love the fish tank and paintings as well as books when we go. Great place to take your child and get the care they need.

October 8th, 2015
Dr. Shirley is a great doctor. He is kind and caring. But recently his staff has changed. The ladies at the front desk who have taken jessy and ambers place are unfriendly and disconnected. Today, I called to speak with an assistant and she was the most passive aggressive, unprofessional staff member I've ever spoken with. Would never dream of leaving this doctor, but when everyone you come into contact with seems to place no value on customer service, makes it a little easier to want to look elsewhere.

February 2nd, 2015
Very positive and knowledgeable when it comes to the little ones. Great listener as well!

March 10th, 2014
Awesome Dr.
We love going to Dr. Shirley ! He sees all 3 of my daughters and has done right by all of them every time we've gone in! His office is spotless and the staff is kind!

September 4th, 2012
Fantastic Doctor
Dr Shirley is a caring wonderful person/doctor. I lost a daughter to sids early in life and had many miscarriages after that so the care of my 2 1/2 month old miracle is extremely important to me. Each time I go to visit Dr Shirley he remembers me and my child and imparts any new information he has learned regarding sids. He is patient and always answers my questions. To say I am a paranoid parent is putting it mildly and I wouldnt trust my Miracle baby to anyone else. His staff is caring and warm so I am not sure what the complaints are about. The office is new and pristine

June 9th, 2012
Best Pedriatric Experience Ever
Dr. Shirley is the best. He spends the time necessary to talk to the kids and get their feedback. Very very good demeanor and the kids love going to see him. The wait is non existent yet it seems crowded so they are doing it all right.

April 30th, 2012
Dr. Shirley is a great doctor
Dr. Shirley is great, and goes above and beyond. He is great with our boys and answers any crazy questions we may have. He met us after hours to give our youngest a shot when he had a serious infection.

October 17th, 2011
Dr. Shirley was wonderful and I feel like my children received an excellent check up. He was pleasant and made them very comfortable. My only complaint was with the girl (who I assume was not a nurse)who did the initial vital signs and patient history. She was not very professional, seemed uneducated, and did not really talk to my children. I asked her a question about flu shots and she basically made up an answer which I learned later was false. She was in a rush and certainly not interested in doing the best job possible.
Doctor's Response

Since this patient was seen, we now have a completely different staff of medical assistants whom you will hopefully find warmer, more personable and more professional than our prior staff.

October 10th, 2011
Awesome Doctor
Dr. Shirley was very kind, compassionate, caring and helpful. He was very good with our baby. He is the best pediatrician I have met in Houston. I will take our child to him from now on.

September 29th, 2011
Great doctor
I started taking my boys to Dr. Shirley over a year ago. We had been going to TCPA for 13 years. Dr. Shirley is very thorough and always takes as much time as necessary to diagnose my chldren. He makes them feel comfortable and always answers our questions. We never have to wait more than 10 minutes and his staff is always very pleasant. I would definitely recommend him.

July 7th, 2011
Untidy Office
Run-down office in near-abandoned strip-center (not inviting at all).
Doctor's Response

We recommend you come see for yourself if this is a valid comment. The strip center we are located in has 9 business spaces, of which 3 are currently empty. However we have recently rented the largest of these spaces and will be building a completely new office which is scheduled to be open before thanksgiving this year (and another physician (OB/Gyn) is moving into our space as soon as we vacate it). We strive to keep our office in top shape and to be visually appealing.

March 21st, 2011
Must Try Harder
Dr Shirley gave every impression that he could care less about my sick daughter. On top of that, he made a wrong diagnosis and prescribed an inappropriate drug. Luckily, I took her to a proper doctor who caught the mistake.