inactive

Talal E Hilal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 30th, 2016
Misdiagnosis. Abhorrent doctor. Should not have a license to practice.
This doctor misdiagnosed me. I had pancreatic cancer, and he insisted I was fine. He continued to tell me there was nothing wrong with me despite my complaints of extreme pain and over 20 pounds of weight loss in a single month. He completely disregarded me and the evidence. It is terrible practice as a doctor to disregard your patient and assume nothing is wrong because you cannot find the cause -- and because of this, my family and I did not catch the cancer in time. He even told me that the weight loss was okay because he "liked thin women." Instead of such terrible treatment, he should have helped me to find out what was wrong. What is worse, is that other doctors have pointed out the mass that they see in the ct scan, the exact ct scan that was given to Dr. Hilal to review. I was diagnosed very quickly when I went to other doctors. Unfortunately it was too late. After an arduous battle with the pancreatic cancer itself, and the difficulties of chemotherapy, I have been told I have less than a month to live. Lifting my arms is difficult, I am in severe pain, and I have difficulty seeing at this point, but I feel that writing this review is very important so others do not experience the neglect that I did as a woman visiting Dr. Talal Hilal. It has been a painful process, but if anyone reads this and avoids seeing this man, then it is not in vain. Please do not go see him. Please find another doctor.

November 30th, 2015
Excellent physician! I am his patient. I am a physician myself.

October 12th, 2015
Dr. Talal Hilal
Dr. Talal Hilal has retired but I would like to go on record in praise of his calm, friendly approach, both in his office and in the hospital, where his quiet projection of authority had a positive, calming effect prior to administration of anesthesia . I miss him!

June 2nd, 2015
They did not explain what the procedure would be like. They failed to obtain authorization timely. They send a letter saying you have to be seen to get the results of your tests but can't get you in for a month and refuse to talk to you over the phone. Seems like they just want the opportunity to bill another office visit and don't care if you are nervous. I would never recommend them.

February 11th, 2015
Awesome Dr., very intelligent, and caring.

February 2nd, 2015
Dr T is one of the BEST

June 26th, 2014
Dr. T is an amazing, compassionate and intelligent physician. He is also very respectful and makes.some very personal conversations easy. I would not.trust my care to anyone else.

June 19th, 2014
Never again!!
This "Dr" put me in more pain!! Not only did he suggest an option that did not solve my problem (but I opted for it because I was in severe pain) but the real doctor I went to after the pain didn't subside told me that he had a reputation for doing unnecessary procedures and just collecting the money!! And, the only way to fix the problem that he caused was to have surgery...don't go to Hilal, because I cannot call him a doctor. P.S. I couldn't submit my review with no stars, so I picked one star.

October 27th, 2013
Best doctor I've seen (including Mayo specialists) !
Dr. T. Hilal, is, without a doubt, the best doctor I've ever been to! Dr. Hilal has taught me a great deal about my condition (gastroparesis) and how my body works. He treats me like I'm an intelligent human being and will answer the same question repeatedly without getting annoyed :) He is the most compassionate doctor that I have ever met as well. He doesn't sugarcoat things with me and makes sure I understand my condition, prognosis, options, etc., ...however he does it while holding your hand, telling you he knows it's hard but that you'll get through it.....and that's only a fraction of the wonderful things I could say about Dr. Hilal. I'm grateful for him - and his entire staff, including his dear cousin, Iman, who does hospital rounds for him sometimes....she is an angel and deserves her own review....Thank you Dr. Hilal and your entire staff! You truly make a difference!!!!

June 4th, 2012
It doesn't get better than this!
Dr. Tilal Hilal is the most knowledgeable, caring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. His exams are very thorough as well. He is so intelligent and has helped me numerous times with my illnesses. He rarely, if ever, forgets a face or a name. They don't make doctors like him anymore! I have been a patient of his for about 25 years and will regret terribly the day he retires!!