Dr. Tallapragada Shankar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 19th, 2016
Excellent doctor
They were always friendly, provided good services. Dr. Shankar was always business like, but not rude. He is a dedicated doctor. He spent adequate time with me. I was very satisfied.

June 14th, 2015
Talks nasty to female patients
My husband recommended him to me. He is diabetic and I have thyroid problems. I had been with my husband to his appointments with Shankar several times. He was always very nice and friendly with my husband. When I started going (husband at work) I always went alone. Shankar was always rude, abrupt, and nasty to me as a human being in general. Well, being thyroid issues, my husband felt maybe I was being too sensitive as he never treats him that way when he sees him. Shankar had told me my "symptoms were all in my head" when I asked him questions about an issue. Then he also went on a rant about how my other doctors (all female) didn't know what they were doing or talking about. He got angry because they were also running blood tests on me. His wife runs his office and is very unfriendly, but his employees are very nice. I VOWED to his staff that they would NEVER see me as a patient in their office again! He has still never spoken to my husband in the same manner. Bottom line, in my opinion, women do not deserve the respect that he gives to men.

February 5th, 2015
NO BED SIDE MANNERS
My PCP gave me 2 endocrinologist to choose from. I chose Shankar. What a mistake. He snapped a me 3 times, told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and that another Dr. I had seen didn't know what he was talking about either. I told my husband I would give him another chance, but then thought, I wouldn't take my dogs to see him so why should I go back. I'm finding me a new Dr. and telling my PCP not to recommend him.

December 30th, 2013
Horrible
This Dr. is Horrible!!! My husband has been a type 1 diabetic for almost 10 years. Being new to Georgia he had to choose a Dr. based on reviews. He went to Shankar for a regular check up and mentioned some aches and fatigue. This horrible Dr. put him on Clonazepam (Klonopin). If anyone is familiar with this drug its part of the benzo family. A Dr. that would prescribe this medication without thinking twice about it should have his license revoked!!!

February 2nd, 2012
Well qualified, no compassion!!!
I am a newly diagnosed diabetic, my pills have quit working! I went to see Dr. Shakar to get a new medicine. I am terrified of needles, he instructed me to give myself insulin! I have never given myself a shot, I got upset and he said give it to me I will do it! I said no and he started to speak in his native language at me! He was very upset at me! I never went back!