Dr. Tamara Aburto-Pratt MD Patient Reviews

May 2nd, 2010
No respect for patient
She has no professional office staff. She uses her two daughters and her husband to handle the office. On one ocassion the husband refused to listen to me on the telephone and then hung up on me. When I made Dr. Pratt aware of this, she never apologized or in any way indicated any regret whatsoever. And when you make an appointment for a 'female' problem you must tell the husband all the details and he's not even any kind of a medical professional. Not good.
Doctor's Response

I take feedback seriously and look into the details of each complaint myself, meeting personally with the staff member in question, hearing both sides of the situation, giving instructions for improved communication skills to staff member. I have had different office help over the 26 years I've been in medical practice. I'm intrigued by the date of this review because in 2010 I did not employ any family members in the front office and hadn't since before 2008. It is true that, as is true in many solo medical practices, my spouse is my office manager and on rare occasion still fills in when our front office staff is on vacation or otherwise missing. We never insist on details a patient is not comfortable relaying to staff. They always have the option of being vague. I don't know from the vague description above who this patient was, but I always do my best to respond, either with an apology when appropriate, with an explanation for the rationale behind our office policies, and at least with an acknowledgment of the patient's concerns, and with a review of options for them. It's important for a patient to feel good about their relationship with their physician and the office in order to have a therapeutic benefit.

September 7th, 2009
She schedules appt's so there's little if any overlap; resulting in mostly no wait time for appointments.Excellent recall of patient history, and according to Dr.'s she refers to, best note-taking and recordkeeping ever.If you're looking for a Dr that views you as a human being and takes the time to work through your issues, this is the best you're likely to find. As close as you can get to the "old days" when they made housecalls.

April 1st, 2009
Good doctor, but a money grubber
I thought I had found the best doctor. A real mix between holistic and western medicine. But each time at her office I overheard comments about patients and money. It was very very unprofessional. One was made to feel they were just a dollar sign in her eyes.I had a 45 minute appt for which I paid $235. She gave me a medication that didn't work. So I called for another one and she said "Oh, you have to come in and pay for another visit to go over what else to give you." HUH?? We had just spend intense time going over everthing. What she prescribed did not work, all she had to do was prescribe something else. She refused saying she wanted an office visit and payment. WHAT A RIP.
Doctor's Response

Of course I always feel bad when a patient has this reaction to what I consider to be appropriate and thorough medical care. The kind of medicine I do is not cut-and-dried, one-size-fits-all. The decision-making involved in such customized medical care involves detailed questioning, which almost always requires face-to-face interactions, not only due to the physician time commitment to this service, but due to the fact that much more accurate information is obtained in person, important information that is all too often missed in phone communication. I acknowledge that some patients perhaps don't fully comprehend all that goes into medical decision-making. I respect the importance of my patients' history, which is why I listen carefully and ask a lot of questions to get at the truth and the best treatment choices. I take a lot of time to explain the situation because better understanding leads to improved compliance and most efficient management of the condition.