Dr. Tamara Kurmanalieva, MD
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
by Julia, patient from Irvine on Sep 29th, 2014

Tamara Kurmanalieva has been our family doctor for 3 or 4 years now.. Very good, very thorough doctor, knowledgeable in modern cutting edge procedures, as well as alternative medicine… She knows a lot about nutrition..It is very rare that MDs know a lot about nutrition and even more rare that they are willing to spend enough time to discuss details of patient’s diet… If you into improving your health through changing your diet, or want to consult an MD about some alternative medicine like herbs…acupuncture etc… prevention of illness, not just taking bunch of meds - she is your kind of doctor… She spent a lot of time with me just discussing my diet… my vitamins and supplements… Amazing…She is a rare kind of doctor that looks at you like you are a whole person.. looking for the actual reason behind your symptoms…not just giving you bunch of meds (like many other doctors do).. It is easy to get appointments with her..and she spends a lot of time with me explaining everything and answering all my questions… The place that she is located in is not very glamorous from outside. It’s an old Irvine Woodbridge building.. But it is very clean and nice inside… Overall: she is a nice, caring, thorough doctor, great diagnostician.. one of the best that I’ve ever met… And if I could, I would put 10 stars for Spending Enough Time With Patient.. :)

|  amazing holistic doctor  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2014

I appreciate how she takes her time to make me get better. We keep a continuous conversation through her patient portal and I really like that we do that. Her sole purpose to me is having a mindset in making her patients feel healthy and get better. As for the insurance. I had no problem with that. I as a patient, I understand what type of insurance plan I have before even seeing her or any doctor in general. The office manager was very patient and polite. She checked my insurance and told me what I needed to know. I understood because that's what I am covered for. I don't think she's out for her patients money at all. She's an amazing doctor and I appreciate all the help she has done. She helps me and wants me to get better. My lifestyle has changed drastically after seeing her and staying on my new health routine provided by her. I feel healthy and very appreciated thanks to Dr. Kurmanalieva!!

|  Just another money driven doc  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2013

Like another review stated, I was billed twice for one visit. A physical exam was more of a question based interview of my medical and family history nothing much besides that. The labs were ordered after some time results came back and doctor called with a very brief call explaining that based on results everything is fine but recommended a vitamin supplement. Then came the bills.... I've been on the phone with insurance company, lab and doctor's office for nearly a year to have it resolved. VERY poor service. Insurance stated that based on doctor's codes provided the lab tests were not necessary and thus not covered, based on doctor the labs were needed and were just regular check up. So I had to navigate and be the middle person to have doctor submit corrected codes to lab and then have the lab re-bill my insurance. In short this was a mess with very little compassion, and more of agitation with every call.

|  Excellent doctor for modern and traditional medicine  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Kurmananlieva for a few years now. Before Dr. Kurmanalieva, I had been used to going to a doctor's office and they see you and give you a prescription without thoroughly giving the best recommendation. Dr. Kurmanalieva is different; she really cares about her patients and the well-being of her patients. She does a full diagnostic, goes over the patients history, food, diet, lifestyle, family genetics and etc. She provides the most natural and healthy treatment to ensure the patient is taken care and the health improves. I am in my late thirties and she is one of the BEST doctors I have been patient under. I wish there would be more doctors like her.

|  Not worth it and not recommended  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

I am a male patient and I saw Dr. Tamara for physical checkup. She seemed very knowledgeable about nutrition stuff. However, I had big problems when it came to billing and man's health. I went in there for physical but she charged me both for physical and also for the Dr. visitation. Later, when I confronted her, she said it was for the expertise she shared about the rash I had before. Oh, well, the rash was gone by the time I saw her and she did not give any advice on it. No wonder America has a healthcare issue. Secondly, after seeing my ultrasound result, she told me I must see the specialist immediately without telling me any good reason. I followed her direction and saw the specialist. The specialist was not so sure why I came to see him. The ultrasound scan was just fine. There goes my $100 for seeing the specialist for no good reason. Maybe this is the common practice among doctors to recommend each other for the sake of making money but as a patient, I really can't appreciate any of this.

|  The Best Doctor  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

I have been a patient with Dr. Tamara since March, 2010. I think that she is a great doctor because she has not only helped me become healthier; she has also changed my lifestyle. This lifestyle change not only affected me, but has impacted the whole family. When I first met Dr. Tamara, I was depressed and had several health problems. She took the time to analyze, ask questions, explain, and draw up a plan for the future. Because I was averse to taking medications to combat high cholesterol, reduce my sugar, etc., Dr. Tamara provided me with detailed guidelines to battle these problems through dieary and lifestyle changes. I took the doctors instructions seriously and followed them accurately and enthusiastically. Although the beginning was not easy and in fact I suffered a lot, eventually I became stronger and more efficient in my application of these changes. Soon enough, things started to be easier and smoother than before. As part of the changes I adopted, I tried to avoid unhealthy food and instead add more vegetables to my diet. This helped me lose weight and feel good. From my experience, following a diet needs planning and dedication. As a result of the dietary changes, I have lost nearly 20 lbs and I feel much healthier than before. My latest blood test showed good results which made me feel so proud of myself and very thankful to Dr. Tamara for all her concern and help. Dr. Tamara was impressed with these results and told me that she is proud of my achievement which made me even more determined to continue this new lifestyle. And now I continue following the special diet that the doctor prescribed for me, exercise regularly, and take my vitamins on time. This has overall, made me feel fit, very healthy, and happy. Thank you Dr. Tamara!

|  good  |  show details
by good on Mar 31st, 2009

The best dr I hade in years thank you God bless