Dr. Tamara Maher DO Patient Reviews

• 17 reviews

September 20th, 2016
my experience with her, was very upsetting The first few visits, were really not too bad As I was a new patient, and of course You need to build a working relationship Then I noticed that she would become abrupt, rude at times It hurt my feelings But I chalked it up to a bad day We all have them My last visit, I have never felt so horrible leaving a doctors office She was rude , abrupt, condescending I left feeling like I did something wrong She seemed irritated Seriously , I am 67 I don't feel like it is professional Or indeed ethical to treat another human being that way I'm sure she gets people she may not particularly like But I'm a human being. I am also a nurse I know it's tough But I will never go back

November 11th, 2014
Exceptional care
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Maher for several years. Her staff is outstanding and responsive to requests, appointments, medication refills, etc. Dr. Maher always spends time to examine and then explain each and every medical issue brought to her attention. I believe she is an exceptional doctor! I would and have recommended her to my family and friends.

November 20th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr Maher for many years. She and her office staff have been nothing but professional, caring and kind. I've never had any problems booking an appointment or had to wait more than 20 minutes to see her. Dr Maher has always been very informative and always direct with my treatment. I have never left her office without feeling that she took time with me, she cares about my health and only wants the best for me. I'm very happy with my doctor and wouldn't change for anything

October 23rd, 2013
Retired
Dr Mahar is compassionate, thorough, and very accommodating with her patients. Her staff is friendly and courteous....always professional. Her Office is pleasant; exam rooms are clean. Her waiting room is relaxing and welcoming (like walking into a good friend's home)

March 18th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
My doctor remembers me between appts. From time to time she checks up on me just to see how I'm doing. Once she heard from my sister that I hadn't been feeling well and she called to come in that evening to see her. Does your doctor do that? You need a new doctor!

March 5th, 2012
I have been with Dr. Maher for 8 months now. For every good thing that has happened with her there have been 4 negatives. I have stayed since she has been there when I went through a lot of medical stuff that is still undiagnosed and it was easier to stay than to change doctors and have to re explain everything. There have been multiple times where I would call and leave a message and never receive a call back. The final straw is that I got sick with bronchitis/pneumonia (not sure which since she refuses to see me) last week. I called to ask for something for my cough as I couldn't sleep. They never called back, the next day I called again and they called something in for me. When I got the medicine it was listed as an antihistamine and it absolutely did not work. I called the next day (now Friday) to tell them that it didn't work and ask for something else. I was told it takes 48 hrs to work and to give it time. I told them that 48 hours is a long time to not sleep and they didn't say anything but told me to call back MONDAY if it didn't work. So it's Monday, and I call back and say I need something, I am not doing good. I am told the doctor wishes to see me, but can't until Wednesday and they won't be calling in anything in the meantime. I am fed up after months of putting off leaving her I am finally done, this is not the first time that I have been ignored with something important.

January 9th, 2012
Won't be going back...
I was referred to Dr. Maher by my O.B. as I was in need of a new Primary Care Physician. I was happy to learn that she is a D.O... a Dr. that has taken extra training in the musculoskeletal system and preventative medicine. They also prescribe natural remedies when possible. My wait time on my appointment day was about 30 minutes... not too bad, but not particularly pleasant. I don't think the Dr. smiled once during my whole appointment. Perhaps she was having a bad day, but as I'm a very smiley, friendly person I thought it rather rude not to return a smile or two. She also was rather curt, and quick to dismiss my suppositions. She also strangely rebutted my mention that I take biotin for skin, hair and nail health, saying that it only works for nails, though it says otherwise on the bottle, and everywhere else, and though I've actually seen improvements in all those areas, which I happily told her only to be mildly argued with. :) I did like the questions she asked, but going in for a routine physical as I hadn't had one in years, I was surprised and disappointed that she didn't touch me, or run any sort of tests that you think of when you think of a physical. Also she doesn't practice the musculoskeletal manipulation that I was hoping for. The reception staff was nice enough, but never got back to me with the answer to a question that I'd asked. Lastly, it's nearly impossible for me to get ahold of the office. They are closed from 12 pm - 2 pm Mon. - Fri., quite a long lunch, and the time that I need to take care of personal phone calls. They have an answering service that answers even when they are in the office. It's rather annoying to have to tell your life story to the answering service each time you call. You feel like you're being screened or tested. :) Also, they leave 10 mins. or more early for lunch every time I've tried to call before they're gone, and the service either won't take messages, or doesn't want to be bothered with it. Whenever I ask to leave a message, they tell me to just call back later. :) Just not a nice experience all around.

May 10th, 2011
This Dr. is a total quack. She is a liar and should not be around old people who she is clearly taking advantage of. We are taking her to the State for Fraud investigation!!!

January 29th, 2011
excellent physician
Dr. Maher is professional, caring, and thorough. She takes the time to listen, asks questions, and follows up after diagnosis and treatment. I have worked in the healthcare field and know many doctors: Dr. Maher is an excellent physician.

December 9th, 2010
Dr. Maher is very professional and knowledgeable. She really takes a vested interest in her patients. I feel very comfortable telling her my concerns and issues. I would highly recommend her and have to all of my friends.

September 16th, 2010
Favorite Patient
I've been a patient for several years. She's firm, patient, honest, giving, and a great doctor. I will even see her when I don't have insurance,she's worth it. Thanks Dr. Maher!!!

May 20th, 2010
Made two separate appointments, both were made on times that the physician was not in. The first time I was notified of the error. The second time I took time off of work to go and there the doctor was not in. Her office staff is horrible. The worst I have ever seen. Switching physicians today..