A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tamara Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tamara Merchant is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merchant
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merchant Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
- She has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Merchant has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Tamara J Merchant MD is a female Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Tamara J. Merchant practice?
- Dr. Tamara Merchant has 3 office locations.
Dr. Tamara Merchant practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.