A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tamara Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tamara Merchant is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- She has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Merchant has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merchant accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Tamara J. Merchant practice?
Dr. Tamara Merchant practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.