A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tamara Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tamara Merchant is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merchant
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merchant Learn More
Specialties & Research
- She has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Merchant has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Tamara J Merchant MD is a female Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Tamara J. Merchant practice?
- Dr. Tamara Merchant has 3 office locations.
Dr. Tamara Merchant practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.