Dr. Tamara Simon MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 8th, 2016
Lifesaver
Thank God I found Dr.Simon she's a lifesaver..a physician who actually understands the issues of menopausal women. After many many months of misery she was was able to resolve my issues in a few visits. Thank You

February 9th, 2015
I will never return to this office. Constant errors in my care.

July 16th, 2014
Finally, HELP!
I struggled through peri-menopausal issues. One doctor said I needed Xanax; another said that I needed an antidepressant. I went to Dr. Simon on a friend's recommendation. She checked my hormones and we discovered that I was horribly imbalance. She got me back on track and I feel better than I have in YEARS! Thank you, Dr. Simon!

February 8th, 2014
caring
Dr. Simon has been a real help to me. I have been her patient since 2006. At first I was a bit put off by her bedside manners but as I have gotten to know her, I find her to be a very caring doctor. She even sent flowers when my mother passed away. She was great with a problem I had a few years ago and got me right in to talk with me about the problem. She was helpful in helping me to address the situation and made the proper adjustments in my medications to get me back in the right level so I could be my sweet self again. I find I can talk with Dr. Simon about anything I need to and she listens to what I have to say and answers my questions. She has gone out of her way to make sure that her patients have low as possible costs options to get labs and recommended medications and supplements. The labs she orders have always been so that she can make a correct diagnosis and appropriate changes in levels of hormones and other meds. These have been valuable for my wellbeing and overall health. Thank you Dr.Simon and staff for helping me to find better health and keeping me healthy!

October 12th, 2013
Stay away from Her
she's rude and condescending and her medical assistants are incompetent... was misdiagnosed ..and also had no follow-up on an infection ..plus her nurse practitioners never last long with her... there's always someone new...had 5 different ones in the last year...would give her a -star rating if I could
Doctor's Response

This sounds oddly familiar to an earlier post with the "- star rating." We have had some nurse practitioners leave us, but NOT five in one year! Our specialty is complex and stressful. Not all nurse practitioners "get" hormone replacement or enjoy it. We never want to have an employee work here if they aren't happy.

August 29th, 2013
Do not reccomend
After initial appointment, I was scheduling a follow-up appointment to go over my lab results. Asia the receptionist made a comment: "Now you will know if you need help or if its your personality" My follow-up appointment was rescheduled three times by their office due to being out of town, or not in office etc... I live an hour away and have three children to make arrangements for in order to make appointments. On my way to my last "rescheduled" appointment during my hour drive, Asia calls and said Dr. Simon has an emergency and will have to reschedule (this is the third reschedule on their part). Patient's time isn't as valuable as their time. I have never had a doctor office reschedule on me let alone THREE TIMES for one simple appointment in a three week span. Do not reccomend

February 6th, 2013
need fixed
I would NEVER recommend this dr. to ANYONE! I had neck lipo done and she totally messed up. I now need to have it fixed but since the surgery I have been very ill, she threw me out of her office during my appointment and screamed that she was not my baby sitter. I would be glad to send pictures to anyone considering doing a procedure. I am so sad about my looks now. I feel that I am totally disfigured. I would say a lot more but they won't let me on this site. (sad face)
Doctor's Response

Dr. Simon recalls this patient very well. Dr. Simon believes that this patient suffers from body dysmorphic disorder. She was very rude during her appointment and yelled obscenities at the office staff. We terminated her as a patient for improper behavior. Dr. Simon is well known for her Smartlipo skills. In fact, the company who makes the machine uses her before and after photos in their advertising.

September 9th, 2012
Arrogant, Rude, and terrible Bedside Mannder
I've gone to Dr Simons office over 2 years for Hormone replacement therapy. I was immediately put on tons of medication, not monitored and many n ...

July 25th, 2012
I've been VERY satisfied for the past 6 years.

March 26th, 2012
Great Doc
I started going to Dr. Simon in 2009 after having a complete hysterectomy from another doctor...I could not take synthetic hormones as I have had several blood clots. Yes the test are expensive but I have to agree this is not Dr. Simon's doing. After being placed on BH I felt like a sane normal woman again. She is very professional and has always answered all my questions. She doesn't chit chat but that is not her job, the office is very efficient in getting you in and out. I am highly impressed with the whole office staff. I have recently moved and am going to try a local doctor but if this doc isn't good I will gladly pay the airfare to return to a doctor I know will help me. Thank you Dr. Simon and the whole staff!!

December 9th, 2010
Don't go to her.
After 6 months of BHRT therapy, I ended up with a bladder condition, vulvogynitis, and the coup de grace--hyperthyroidism. I didn't even know that was possible.I have NEVER had a problem with any Dr before now, and I have always been lucky enough to have good health. I went to her to stop the hot flashes, and the last 3 months have been among the most miserable in my life. I wish that I could have given her -1 star.
Doctor's Response

This patient is well known to Dr. Simon and her staff. We have verified with several urologists that the medications we gave her could NOT have caused her conditions. It was just unfortunate timing.

September 22nd, 2010
I have been with Dr. Simon for about two years. I went in to get bioidentical hormone treatment because my previous practitioner quit. Dr. Simon told me that she could help me feel much better, and when I told her I had fibromyalgia, she assured me that she could help with that, too. The office staff is very nice and efficient, but after my initial visit, Dr. Simon seemed cold and uninterested. I tried to go talk to her twice, at her urging, but both times I was cut off because she was too busy or had an emergency. She never followed up after that. When I went in a year later and filled out the questionaire about my current condition, she did not address any of the things I mentioned were wrong. The blood tests to check hormone levels are extremely expensive and not covered by insurance, so I at least expected more time and interest from her. She doesn't even ask if I have any questions before ending the appointment. I am looking for a new doctor!
Doctor's Response

Hormone labs are usually covered by insurance. It just depends on an individual policy/deductible. Unfortunately, emergencies are hard to predict. When patients come in for their appointments, they fill out a symptom sheet, which is entered into their charts. Dr. Simon sees all of a patient's symptoms at every visit. We have recently added a screen where patients can see everything.