Obstetricians & Gynecologists

951 E Plaza Dr
Ste 170
Eagle, ID 83616
208-939-3505
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Finally, HELP!  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2014

I struggled through peri-menopausal issues. One doctor said I needed Xanax; another said that I needed an antidepressant. I went to Dr. Simon on a friend's recommendation. She checked my hormones and we discovered that I was horribly imbalance. She got me back on track and I feel better than I have in YEARS! Thank you, Dr. Simon!

|  caring  |  show details
by grateful patient on Feb 8th, 2014

Dr. Simon has been a real help to me. I have been her patient since 2006. At first I was a bit put off by her bedside manners but as I have gotten to know her, I find her to be a very caring doctor. She even sent flowers when my mother passed away. She was great with a problem I had a few years ago and got me right in to talk with me about the problem. She was helpful in helping me to address the situation and made the proper adjustments in my medications to get me back in the right level so I could be my sweet self again. I find I can talk with Dr. Simon about anything I need to and she listens to what I have to say and answers my questions. She has gone out of her way to make sure that her patients have low as possible costs options to get labs and recommended medications and supplements. The labs she orders have always been so that she can make a correct diagnosis and appropriate changes in levels of hormones and other meds. These have been valuable for my wellbeing and overall health. Thank you Dr.Simon and staff for helping me to find better health and keeping me healthy!

|  Stay away from Her  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2013

she's rude and condescending and her medical assistants are incompetent... was misdiagnosed ..and also had no follow-up on an infection ..plus her nurse practitioners never last long with her... there's always someone new...had 5 different ones in the last year...would give her a -star rating if I could

Doctor's Response

This sounds oddly familiar to an earlier post with the "- star rating." We have had some nurse practitioners leave us, but NOT five in one year! Our specialty is complex and stressful. Not all nurse practitioners "get" hormone replacement or enjoy it. We never want to have an employee work here if they aren't happy.

|  Do not reccomend  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2013

After initial appointment, I was scheduling a follow-up appointment to go over my lab results. Asia the receptionist made a comment: "Now you will know if you need help or if its your personality" My follow-up appointment was rescheduled three times by their office due to being out of town, or not in office etc... I live an hour away and have three children to make arrangements for in order to make appointments. On my way to my last "rescheduled" appointment during my hour drive, Asia calls and said Dr. Simon has an emergency and will have to reschedule (this is the third reschedule on their part). Patient's time isn't as valuable as their time. I have never had a doctor office reschedule on me let alone THREE TIMES for one simple appointment in a three week span. Do not reccomend

|  need fixed  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2013

I would NEVER recommend this dr. to ANYONE! I had neck lipo done and she totally messed up. I now need to have it fixed but since the surgery I have been very ill, she threw me out of her office during my appointment and screamed that she was not my baby sitter. I would be glad to send pictures to anyone considering doing a procedure. I am so sad about my looks now. I feel that I am totally disfigured. I would say a lot more but they won't let me on this site. (sad face)

Doctor's Response

Dr. Simon recalls this patient very well. Dr. Simon believes that this patient suffers from body dysmorphic disorder. She was very rude during her appointment and yelled obscenities at the office staff. We terminated her as a patient for improper behavior. Dr. Simon is well known for her Smartlipo skills. In fact, the company who makes the machine uses her before and after photos in their advertising.

Jul 25th, 2012

I've been VERY satisfied for the past 6 years.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I started going to Dr. Simon in 2009 after having a complete hysterectomy from another doctor...I could not take synthetic hormones as I have had several blood clots. Yes the test are expensive but I have to agree this is not Dr. Simon's doing. After being placed on BH I felt like a sane normal woman again. She is very professional and has always answered all my questions. She doesn't chit chat but that is not her job, the office is very efficient in getting you in and out. I am highly impressed with the whole office staff. I have recently moved and am going to try a local doctor but if this doc isn't good I will gladly pay the airfare to return to a doctor I know will help me. Thank you Dr. Simon and the whole staff!!

|  Wonderful!  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

Dr. Simon's practice is very professional, yet laid back. Dr. Simon herself seems very down to earth and she is adorable! She did my NovaSure in June of 2011 and It's been great since! She has a wonderful staff (NP Dana is awesome!) and the girls up front and her MA's are just as wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Simon and her practice for any woman wanting HRT or the NovaSure procedure.

|  Don't go to her.  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

After 6 months of BHRT therapy, I ended up with a bladder condition, vulvogynitis, and the coup de grace--hyperthyroidism. I didn't even know that was possible.I have NEVER had a problem with any Dr before now, and I have always been lucky enough to have good health. I went to her to stop the hot flashes, and the last 3 months have been among the most miserable in my life. I wish that I could have given her -1 star.

Doctor's Response

This patient is well known to Dr. Simon and her staff. We have verified with several urologists that the medications we gave her could NOT have caused her conditions. It was just unfortunate timing.

Sep 22nd, 2010

I have been with Dr. Simon for about two years. I went in to get bioidentical hormone treatment because my previous practitioner quit. Dr. Simon told me that she could help me feel much better, and when I told her I had fibromyalgia, she assured me that she could help with that, too. The office staff is very nice and efficient, but after my initial visit, Dr. Simon seemed cold and uninterested. I tried to go talk to her twice, at her urging, but both times I was cut off because she was too busy or had an emergency. She never followed up after that. When I went in a year later and filled out the questionaire about my current condition, she did not address any of the things I mentioned were wrong. The blood tests to check hormone levels are extremely expensive and not covered by insurance, so I at least expected more time and interest from her. She doesn't even ask if I have any questions before ending the appointment. I am looking for a new doctor!

Doctor's Response

Hormone labs are usually covered by insurance. It just depends on an individual policy/deductible. Unfortunately, emergencies are hard to predict. When patients come in for their appointments, they fill out a symptom sheet, which is entered into their charts. Dr. Simon sees all of a patient's symptoms at every visit. We have recently added a screen where patients can see everything.

|  A Recommendation  |  show details
by Jan Castaneda on Jul 19th, 2010

I am the type of patient who does some research before a doctor. I have found Dr. Simon to be a caring, knowledgable professional who is easy to talk with and is willing to accommodate and discuss alternatives. I give her my recommedation!

|  Awesome doctor = Awesome staff  |  show details
by Vanessa Ybarra on Jun 3rd, 2010

Dr. Simon is absolutely superb. She is very down-to-earth and makes you feel right at home. I was able to talk to her in a manner which I'd talk to a close friend and that is a quality difficult to find in a doctor. Her staff completes the package. They are most helpful and never make you feel like an interruption. I've referred family and friends to Dr. Simon and will continue to do so in the future :)

|  Fraud  |  show details
by One appointment patient on May 30th, 2010

She is a total fraud.

Doctor's Response

Really? Which one of Dr. Simon's competitors are you?

|  Thank You!  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2009

I have now been a patient of Dr Simon's for almost a year now. At first I was skeptical of this whole hormone thing but I felt terrible. My husband was going to leave me if I didn't do something. I am more than shocked to read some of the reviews on Dr Simon and her staff. It's it just like the human race to be quick to criticize and so slow to congratulate. It's bothersome. If you read this and then go to see her, please make sure you come back to write about your experience! She explained everything to me and reassured me that I was not crazy! Her MA was incredibly knowledgeable and caring. She drew my labs (expensive but not her fault!) and when I came back to get my results, she knew exactly what to do! Anytime I had a question (it can be overwhelming at first) I knew I could call Kelly, Dr Simon's MA, and she could answer any question I had. I felt important and cared for. It was great to be able to call and speak to someone, other than the doc, that knew what they were talking about and what to do.Now almost a year later, I am a whole new woman. I owe it all to Dr Simon and her staff! Thank you and you won't be sorry after you see her. It can be expensive but she has a business to run and it's not her problem that insurance pays how they do! She does her best to save you money and she is actually 50% less expensive for labs than what St Luke's quoted me. She does what she can to make this process a breeze and I appreciate her!!!

Oct 12th, 2009

Finally a doctor that knew what was wrong with me! I feel great. Thank you!

|  Satisfactory  |  show details
by Idahofinn on Oct 31st, 2008

Dr. Simon was very professional and spent a very satisfactory amount of time listening to my problems. She then spent a great deal of time explaining menopause and the different treatments.

|  Dr. Simon is jus tout for your $$$  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2008

I have a LONG story but the bottom line is just like the other comments. Rude, arrogant, staff is just a few techs that don't know a thing. She went straight for my healthcare $$ by immediately ordering tests on me WITHOUT even seeing me! Finally after all the tests they saw in my chart I hadn't had a simple BLOOD test that told us the diagnosis. Then they scheduled me for a very expensive surgery (covered by ins.) that I have now cancelled because it would be totally uneccessary. I've been going to that office since 2003 and have never had a pleasant experience. She's not a professional at all and is not one bit concerned about your true problems, just how she can rack up more $$$$.

Doctor's Response

Most patients who are that unhappy with a provider's office will not stay with that office for 5 years. Dr. Simon apparently comes off as a little arrogant. Dr. Simon is simply a confident, well-trained surgeon. It takes a lot of self confidence for a doctor to open a person and remove a body part. I'd rather have that person be confident in their talents.

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 24th, 2008

I have had several interactions with Dr. Simon. I agree with the last reviewer. Dr. Simon is arrogant and rude! I went to her for a few things. First off, Botox. When I was charged a fortune and had an extremely poor result, and subsequently came back to have this corrected, she totally got in my face and had all kinds of excuses (like it was MY fault?!). Next, I had her remove a small mole. She did a lousy job. About half of it is still there. Unsightly as ever. I had to have another doctor remove it properly. And finally, I called her office recently to get an urgent appointment for some gyn problems I was having. I left a message saying it was "urgent" I get in and NEVER even got a call back from these people. I will NEVER go there again.

Doctor's Response

Dr. Simon has never injected Botox. Dr. Simon generally does not remove moles. We are unsure if this patient has the right provider. Our office always calls patients back--especially when they are urgent.