Dr. Tamara Sobel MD Patient Reviews

Shes great
shes a great doctor

April 20th, 2011
Fabulous doctor!
Dr.Sobel is a very knowledgeable, caring and wonderful doctor. I have been a patient of Dr. Sobels for many years. My husband and daughter are also patients. She is very professional and has great diagnostic skills. I can't say enough good things about her and her staff. I have worked in the medical profession for many years and I highly recommend Dr. Sobel!

February 11th, 2010
excellent skills diagnosing problem and recommending proper care.could do better at calling with blood test results - Dr. Passen called the next day, you call the next week

December 29th, 2009
Awful experience
I got a rash which had started on my chin and spread to my inner thighs. I made an appointment with Dr. Sobel because I was pretty sure it was impetigo because I was working with children at the time and all the symptoms matched: blisters which start on the face, then dry into honey-colored crusts, and really contagious. I had spread it on myself and to my poor husband who started getting it on his neck right where he breaks his skin shaving.I told all this to Tamara who- before even examining me - matter of factly stated it's probably herpes. I informed her I'm in a monogamous relationship and although I can understand it's something she should consider, I really think that's unlikely. She examined my blisters and repeated that yes it was probably herpes and wrote me a prescription for Valtrex. First.. an initial herpes infection is supposed to look like a cluster of distinct round red ulcers which may have a pus-filled center. How did my irregularly-bordered confluent rash look anything like that? It didn't! Which leads me to believe that she either didn't care to look closely enough or she just doesn't KNOW the difference. And can I mention how offended I am that she just JUMPED to that conclusion right away and stuck to it even after me insisting that perhaps it's something else? I mean do we still think about differential diagnoses here??I continue to say that I believe it might be something ELSE so she begrudgingly refers me to a dermatologist, mumbling that I won't get an appointment with him until at least another 2 months from then. She hands me the script and walks out. That's it?? Okay so let's say I DO have herpes. Don't you think that's a BIT of a serious diagnosis? At least emotionally? It's a lifelong infection which would permanently alter any sexual relationships past and future. Fine- let's say she's not even here for emotional support. Then at a minimum, I'd expect her to provide some education on the responsibility involved with this diagnosis. That is her duty. If I'm someone who contracted herpes then clearly my husband or I are doing something wrong and we need to be taught about the implications of this disease and safe-sex behaviors. I could walk right out that door and continue extra-marital relationships, spreading herpes like there's no tomorrow because my doctor didn't care to tell me anything!I got blood tested that DAY and guess what? Completely negative.. even negative for cold sores. So what else am I upset about? She ordered me to take a medication for something I don't have. How irresponsible, inconsiderate, and plain wrong.