Dr. Tamela Martin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 26th, 2016
Excellent at monitoring serious eye issues, as well as regular exams/prescriptions

November 4th, 2015
Awful awful awful
The staff was rude and dismissive. I was 12 minutes late and they had cancelled my appointment.

November 2nd, 2015
Great Dr. Highly recommend

April 21st, 2015
- 2
Omg I just had the worst experience at Dr. Tamela Martin Opthalmology Rancho Mirage! In my search of who to file a complaint to I decided to read reviews from others patients "the worst clinic ever", "avoid Tamela and her rude-staff", "avoid Tamela and her unprofessional staff" I have had three bad experiences with the girl at the front desk! Today she not only called me a lier, she also called my mom a lier! Needless to say I walked out! Stay clear of this place! Who do I file a complaint to?

April 7th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr. Martin!
Unbeknownst to me I had a detached retina which she diagnosed immediately. She understood the urgency and personally made arrangements with a doctor who specialized in this type of surgery and is one of the best in the field. I had the surgery 3 days later. I love and respect her approach to medicine and patient care. I now understand why it took so long to get an appointment.... she is beyond wonderful and is in great demand. The wait was worth it. She TOTALLY took care of me!

October 11th, 2012
A Dr. that actually cares!!!
This was a very refreshing experience it was obvious that Dr martin actually cared about my concerns and cared about my overall health and what was best for me.I wish all my Dr.'s were as caring as she is.

September 5th, 2012
Coachella Valley is lucky to have Dr.Martin!
My wife and I recently moved to Palm Desert and had need for a good opthamologist. Our Internist recommended Dr. Martin. We susequently both had individual appointments and both of us came away very impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of Dr. Martin & her staff. We would recommend Dr. Martin without reservation of any kind.

October 9th, 2011
Retired Attorney
On the last day of a visit to Palm Springs I temporarily lost sight in one eye and went to the Desert Regional Medical Center ER, where they called Dr. Martin to see me. Her bedside manner was what a patient always wants. She did a thorough exam and explained each step and the meaning of what she was seeing. At the end she discussed the causes and the prognosis, made recommendations, and wrote the diagnosis out for me to take to my primary care physician. I would recommend her to anyone in the Coachella Valley who has need for an Ophthalmologist.