A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tamer Atassi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tamer Atassi is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atassi
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atassi Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tamer Atassi, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Atassi graduated from University Of Damascus.
Dr. Atassi has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Memorial Hospital
- Provena St Joseph Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Tamer Atassi MD is a male Internist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Tamer Atassi practice?
- Dr. Tamer Atassi has 4 office locations.
Dr. Tamer Atassi practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Joliet, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Lemont, IL and Logan, WV.
See Joliet Internists and Joliet Gastroenterologists.