A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tamer Mahmoud:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tamer Mahmoud, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Retina Surgery, Uveitis, and Vitrectomy.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Mahmoud graduated from Ain Shams University, Cairo. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Mahmoud has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mahmoud accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 2 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Tamer H. Mahmoud practice?
Dr. Tamer Mahmoud practices Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Neurology, and Clinical Neurophysiology near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Gratiot, MI and Bingham Farms, MI.
See Durham Ophthalmologists, Durham Pediatric Specialists, and Durham Neurologists.