A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tamer Mahmoud:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tamer Mahmoud is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tamer Mahmoud, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Edema
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Mahmoud graduated from Ain Shams University, Cairo. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Mahmoud has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mahmoud accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 2 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Tamer H. Mahmoud practice?
Dr. Tamer Mahmoud practices Ophthalmology near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Gratiot, MI and Bingham Farms, MI.
See Durham Ophthalmologists.