Dr. Tamera Howell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 7th, 2016
The Pits
Howell is uncaring, unfeeling and Cold, I would not return to her if she was the last person in the profession. Extremely rude.

April 1st, 2016
Disappointed Patient
So I was supposed to have an appointment this morning. I arrived at the hospital right at the time of my appointment (after calling to let them know I was a few minutes late due to traffic). I parked at the main entrance and got turned around in the hospital. I ended up being about 10 minutes late for my appointment. They refused to see me and the nurse made me reschedule. I drove 45 minutes just to get turned away! What ever happened to common courtesy and being kind and understanding towards patients? They lack compassion. The lady at the front desk was completely uncaring. I'll be finding a new gynecologist.

April 20th, 2015
Dr. Howell is AWESOME! All the way around....very concerned and takes very good care of you! I have a genetic disorder and she is very knowledgeable and seems to try to find the best thing for me!! Totally recommend her to anyone!!

March 23rd, 2015
Dr. Howell is a very caring doctor
Dr. Howell delivered my son over a decade ago and I wanted to finally give her the recognition she deserves. I had two previous C-sections and she knew my situation and how I was wrongly done and gave me a chance to deliver natural. We delivered natural with no complications and I owe it all to Dr. Howell. You don't know how much it meant to me for someone to give me a chance and to listen to my story. Thank you so very much!!

January 21st, 2015
I've had two appointments with Dr. Howell and both times she was very quick and uncaring. The first visit was for a routine pap smear and she seemed in a rush. I didn't have a chance to ask her any questions and I left very frustrated. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and went back today for severe menstrual cramps. She came in, conducted a pelvic exam, said she was going to switch me to a new birth control pill, and then left. I didn't even know the visit was over. There was no discussion about her decision. I'm supposed to return in three months. I will not be returning. I left her office feeling violated and unheard.

August 21st, 2013
I have been going to Dr. Howell for well over 5 years now. She is just as thorough and professional as the day I first entered her office. When you go to her you are not just a number or nor does she rush you,. She will sit down and LISTEN to your concerns and then address them. I have also seen other physicians or nurse practitioners in her office if she is not available when I need to be seen and they are just as conscientious and thorough with me. I highly recommend her !~

October 30th, 2011
Dr. Howell is efficient, and doesn't waist time with small talk. Many people in this area are not used to this. I like this straight-up approach. She always expains things, and asks me if I have any questions. When I forget, she explains them again. She always gives me options, and explains the options. She gives me time at home to think about what I want to do and get back to her.

March 11th, 2011
Chronic Illnesses Stay Away.
I have a chronic illness that is supposed to be treated with surgeries and She was highly recommended to do the surgeries and even said that she would do the surgeries, yet when i went into her office, she denied the surgeries and said she wouldn't do them. Then she wanted to put me on hormone shots, that usually follow surgery and do not work without the surgery. As a patient who has been through the surgery and hormones before, I know the process after having it explained to me multiple times, and she didn't care to follow the proper treatment.She is a nice doctor and I think I would have more satisfaction with her if I wasn't being seen for a Chronic Ovarian Illness

June 6th, 2008
Excellent doctor
I went to see Dr. Howell at the recommendation of my Nurse Practioner when a routine pap came back abnormal. Dr. Howell was very thorough in her exam and explaining to me what was going on. I did have a LEEP done in 2005, and she performed the whole thing, and explained what I should expect before and after. Her follow-up care was excellent as well. Before she went into practice with additionall doctors, her nurse and receptionist were very friendly and courteous. The growth of the office has brought in a few people who are not so friendly, but her staff is still the same.