Dr. Tamir Hersonskey MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Chicago, IL

April 20th, 2017
Spinal cord problem
My wife was suffering with severe pain on her legs for 10 months she was diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy, she was being treated with different neuropathy medication, nothing worked. I looked for a neurologist for second opinion. After 2 MRI's the problem was found, the neurologist referred us to Dr. Hersonskey who found problem with spinal cord. After surgery my wife was able to walk with no pain on her legs. I'm very grateful to Dr. Hersonskey for his compassion, empathy, bedside manner and overall care that he provided.

October 12th, 2016
I am having back surgery the end of October. I have put this surgery off for years. After many steroid injections, physical therapy and pain medication, I feel surgery is the only way I will be able to live the remainder of my life to its fullest. I was very comfortable with Dr. Hersonskey, he explained the procedure and the recovery. He has a great bedside manner, along with answering every question I had.

July 20th, 2014
I dont really know this man but i see him at Presence St. Joes (where i work as a patient transporter) often and you can tell he really has an amazing genuine care for people. Like some of......alot of the doctors here come off as snobby but not Hersonskey...he's special. We are lucky to have such a caring man.

September 18th, 2012
He has phenomenal skills, kindness, and compassion. The office staff are fabulous, and I am having a wonderful recovery. In my opinion, he is the BEST!!!! Thank you so much, Dr. Hersonskey...

July 30th, 2012
Patient
Excellent Doctor very professional

June 11th, 2012
Dr. Hersonskey is one of the very few doctors (that I have had the experience of visiting) that is the most caring, sensitive, and excellent doctors. He is very intelligent but doesn't let it go to his head. He is very down-to-earth and a superb doctor. He should receive EVERY award that is out there for doctors. He tops them all!

May 11th, 2012
Our hero!
Dr. Hersonskey saved my 3 year old son's life. He is our miracle.

April 13th, 2012
If only The Staff could be as Good as the Doc!
I have such trouble with the staat this Dr. Office however Dr. Hersonskey is wonderful...so far. He assisted on a failed spinal surgery I had last year and now I am seeing him to try and figure out a solution to correct the problem. I have high hopes that he will figure it out because he comes highly recommended from everyone I have mentioned him name to. His nursing staff is hard to get ahold of and everytime I call I am placed on hold several times before they even find out who is calling which is a bit frustrating but I try to be understanding because I know they are a busy office but it seems to happen each and every try.

February 5th, 2011
Dr. Hersonsky has truely changed my life in more ways than one! A brief background. My brother has a severe brain injury. He was not expected to make it. His original neurosurgeon that was on call the night of his injury just always rubbed me wrong from the minute I met him. After insisting on a second opinion we met Dr. Hersonsky. 1.5 years later he has performed multiple surgeries on my brother and gone way above and beyond the "call of duty" for my family. He is always responsive when we have questions. Being in healthcare myself I have very high expectations. Within a very short time I could tell that he was very good at what he does. I developed trust quickly. You can sleep better at night knowing your loved one is in good hands. Dr. Hersonsky defintely is one of the most kind, compassoniate professional doctors I have ever met. He meets all of my qualifications I would look for in a doctor. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hersonsky , if you have to wait he's worth it and if he's behind schedule I'm sure that he is sorry and know that there is a reason.

December 10th, 2010
Obviously the person that rated Dr Hersonskey on 11/2 is probably someone who is very difficult to please. I have encountered many, many patients that have had the pleasure of him touching their lives. He is truly the most caring, gifted surgeon I have encountered. He treats everyone like they are the most important person at that time. If the wait time is a little longer, guess what, he is that good and patients are willing to wait, he is worth the wait. The staff in that office could not be more helpful and courteous. They have gone out of their way on multiple occasions to care for myself and my family. I have received phone calls from his nurses sometimes 8pm at night when I know they have been there since early morning. I have never met a more sincere, caring group of medical professionals. He and his staff are truly an asset to this community. Will County is lucky to have him. Thank you Dr. Hersonskey for who you are.

November 3rd, 2010
WOULD NEVER SEE HIM OR ANYONE IN THIS PRACTICE!!!!!
If you can handle waiting a month to get an appointment, be prepared to wait at least a hour and a half or more to actually see him. I was referred to this Dr and he may be a good Dr however, overbooking your patients is not tolerable. It is simply a sign of greed to get in as many patients as you can to get money in their pocket. I can understand waiting a half hour or even a hour if there's extreme circumstances where they're running behind. However, I gathered from other patients in the waiting room this was a typical thing for him. Which is just absolutely unprofessional and I can't believe he has the amount of patients he has that are willing to stick it out. I sat in the waiting room for a 1 1/2 hours and then in the patient room for another 1/2 hour. When telling the staff member that I needed to leave at a certain time to get to work and didn't expect to have to wait this long, she said that he's probably going to be awhile yet. Mind you, this is now two hours that have passed. Finally I said enough is enough and decided to leave. Upon leaving, no one was at the front desk so one of his female partners asked if I needed help with something. I said I can't wait any longer for Dr.Hersonskey to see me and asked for all my paperwork back. She rudely asked: like what? I said: like all the paperwork I've provided, filled out, copies of ID cards etc. She preceded to hand me my papers, did not say a word to me, no apology, no take care, have a nice day, nothing. It's quite apparent that this office is in serious need of a reality check when it comes to how to properly treat and care for the people that come into their office. Not to mention, understand and respect that a patients time is just as valuable as theirs.

September 8th, 2010
This doctor did my 3rd back surgery he is awesome. I would not ever consider going to another doctor for care. If he left the area and I need future surgery I would find him and go to him