Dr. Tammi Cooper MD Patient Reviews

3.9

August 8th, 2016
Dr. Cooper is wonderful / clerical staff - not so much
I agree with the other reviews that Dr. Cooper is very competent, a detailed record taker, and a thorough and kind doctor. She has personally followed up with me, which was a shock to me the first time as I've never had any other doctor do that. Unfortunately however, I also have to agree with the other reviews about the clerical staff. I've had some good interaction with certain people, but some bad interaction with others. There is one receptionist who is very friendly and helpful and the other receptionist who is downright rude, argumentative, and unhelpful - you really have to stand your ground with that one. I've often wondered how she keeps her job ... maybe she is related to one of the doctors. No one at the office answers the phone directly, you always have to go through a voicemail system and still leave up having to leave a message for referrals and prescriptions, which is not user-friendly if you just have a question. I've experienced times when no one has returned my call and I've had to call again after several days of waiting. This is a practice with 3 male physicians and Dr. Cooper is the only female. I think she is overworked and often comes in to the exam room 45 minutes late. She always apologizes and I feel for her, but I think that the practice could really stand to hire another female physician to help her out. I give Dr. Cooper herself, 5 stars, but the clerical staff 2 stars. The medical staff (physician assistants) have all been very personable, except one of them is a little rough and it always raises my blood pressure. When you have an appointment, don't expect to get in and out. Plan for 2 hrs out of your day. I have never been called in at the time of my appointment, usually waiting 20-30 minutes past, and then as I said, waiting another 45 min once in the exam room. Not that this is particularly unusual as I have experienced similar waits with other doctors offices.

September 9th, 2015
Good Luck Getting Your Meds Filled
Extreme difficulty getting prescriptions refilled. Communication could be better obtaining all of patient's medical history in order to better understand medications and medical conditions. Will probably be looking for a new physician in the near future.

December 29th, 2014
outstanding
Always follows up either by a telephone call or message through the patient portal.

January 17th, 2014
Good Doctor - Not So Good Office
Dr. Cooper has been there for both me and my partner in recent emergencies, and we will always be greatful for her care. She is smart, a good diagnostician, concerned, and competent. Overall, I feel confident in her medical attention. That said, I regret that i feel compelled to seek another doctor at another practice due to an ongoing frustration in getting clear interpretations of tests and lab results, limited office hours, confusion in follow up, and (mostly) her STAFF. With few exceptions, behaviors of several staff members have ranged from dour to disinterested, incompetent to ouright rudeness. It makes me wonder why they have chosen to work in such people-oriented positions. Time and again I have been frustrated by the lack of follow-through, and what can only be described as a "disconnect" in getting medications, lab reports, and simply making the experience of visiting my doctor more a service than an intrusion. I have spoken with Dr. Cooper about this repeatedly to no avail. The office feels oppressive, and as I am seeing other area medical professionals for allergies, orthopedics, dentistry, endocronology and OBGYN - I have a substantial basis for comparison. The good news is that one can have a great doctor and enjoy feeling well taken care of by all those involved - in an upbeat and personal manner. Internal Medicine Practitioners is unfortunately not the place where that is going to happen. I wish Dr. Cooper the best. Perhaps someday she will move to another practice more reflective of her sunny disposition, which will give her the back-up she needs to better serve her patients.

October 17th, 2013
Great Doctor and Assistants - Terrible phone staff
I very much like Dr. Cooper. She is professional and thorough and in my opinion an excellent physician. All of the assistants I saw that day were friendly and also professional. I wish I could say the same for the staff who answer the phone. Not only are they rude, I question if they had any training on how to interact with patients. It is as if I inconvenience them when I call. They definitely need training.

June 17th, 2013
Pretty good doctor - awful staff
I like the doctor but am switching because the staff is so unpleasant. They screen her calls beyond reasonable, do not give her messages that I've called with a problem, are not accommodating and just make for a very very unpleasant office experience. When I did get in to see Dr. Cooper, she was pleasant, concerned, diagnosed well, prescribed well and asked for ME to follow up with her in 3, 5, 7, 10 days - whatever was appropriate. The waiting room, which I spent plenty of time in, is comfortable enough but when ill, there is no where to sit separately from other people so the germs weren't shared. They have several benches in their waiting room, which are really one seaters because it's too close of a seat with someone you don't know - like a loveseat. Chairs are preferred over benches in a waiting room. Difficult to get an appt when ill. The staff told me many times, that they couldn't fit me in over a 3-5 day period when I've been sick. I ended up getting care, xrays and medicine at Urgent Care same day. So good enough doctor when I could get past the firewall staff, but just not worth the horrible experience at the office.

May 28th, 2013
Friendly, Knowledgeable, Responsive
I found Dr. Cooper delightful during my new patient appointment and checkup. She addressed issues I had been concerned about for years, which previous doctors (in CA) had given no energy. She listens and appears ready to serve as a partner in my health care. That is very important to me. It's good to feel confidence in my Primary Care physician as I establish myself in my new home after years of competent, but not exceptional health care in CA. I found all of the medical assistants personable and capable as well. The exception would be a front desk person, who belied the warmth of the medical staff. Fortunately, we only met as I was checking out - maybe she was just having a (very) bad day. The offices were sufficient - not luxurious - but, I am seeking excellence in my medical care, not designer surroundings. I would like to see greater vigilance in keeping the bathroom(s) cleaner though, as upkeep (or lack of) contributes to sanitary conditions supporting good health. All in all - I would strongly recommend Dr. Cooper and see a long relationship ahead.

April 16th, 2013
Dr. Cooper is a very nice and thorough doctor. I can not say the same for the in staff in her office, very rude and not professional. I made a follow-up call to the office because the message I left was not returned, regarding much needed medication, The staff member that took my call was very rude. I could not explain the necessity of the medication before I was rudely interrupted and told, "you already called and you should have called the pharmacy,instead of calling the office back...you just have to wait." When I expressed my concern regarding the negative tone, the staff member then threw the phone down.