Dr. Tammy Chen MD Patient Reviews

March 1st, 2017
Dr. Chen is the best doctor I have ever seen she has patience she's always there when you need her. That comment about the Ambien anybody knows you don't take medicine with alcohol a doctor thinks you have enough sense not to do that. It's not her fault that they don't take the time to read about their medicine. She only tries to help you. The redhead is wonderful always there when you need her.

October 14th, 2016
Couldn't ask for a better office!
EXCELLENT Dr!!! EXCELLENT Staff!!

August 4th, 2016
Concerned relative
Dr Chen treated a relative of mine for a while. She prescribed many drugs for him. One of the ones she prescribed was Ambien. He got in a car and broadsided 2 cars and almost hit the people standing by them. He was incoherent and was charged with reckless driving. The car, which didn't belong to the patient, was totalled. When Dr Chen was told about it, she said that she couldn't take Ambien because of the strange things she did while under the influence of it. A relative of the patient reported that the patient was using alcohol along with the strong medications she prescribed and Dr. Chen told the patient what was reported to her and who reported it. You would think that she would realize that someone being treated for substance abuse may have violent tendencies. This was a very bad situation for the person who reported the abuse. Dr. Chen was totally unconcerned and paid no attention to the report. She needs to learn more about the patients she prescribes many strong prescriptions for. The patient ended up in the hospital due to the drugs and alcohol being mixed. The hospital was not surprised and suggested another doctor when patient was released from the hospital. She was not well-thought of at the hospital in Rock Hill. She needs more training before treating severe cases of substance abuse. I hope someone looks into this before more terrible things happen.

June 21st, 2016
Ex patient
Dr. Chen is a wonderful doctor, but her red headed receptionist is HORRIBLE!!!!! I just tried to speak to Dr. Chen when a patient was leaving her office, but that receptionist pushed me and told me to leave or she would call the police! So I asked the other receptionist if she saw her push me and she said that she saw us shoving each other!!! I am a handicapped 65 year old disabled lady, and I NEVER pushed anyone in my life, especially now since I can barely get up and down out of my chair. The second receptionist that is not red headed was always very nice to me before this red head came to work there!!!! So I have now been told (by the red head) that I was no longer a patient there!!!! I can't even get through to Dr. Chen to explain what happened cause apparently the red head thinks she is security instead of a receptionist!!!!

June 7th, 2016
Dr. Chen is an exceptional doctor
I do not give 5 stars in reviews without careful consideration, especially when dealing with someone in the medical community. I have been seeing Dr. Chen for years and have never had an issue with her or her staff in any manner whatsoever. If I call the office, I I reach someone or I get a call back usually within an hour or two. If it were an emergency, I am absolutely confident that I would receive help immediately. Dr. Chen is one of the most caring and naturally empathetic doctors that I have ever met and I have had interactions with a wide variety of doctors since I was hurt in the service in the mid 70's. She takes whatever time is needed to make sure you get the care that you need. The perfect example is that I was not responding well to conventional depression medications (chronic pain) but she continues to work on her craft and had read about a genetic test that could tell whether or not a patient would even respond to most commonly used anti-depressants. There is a gene that makes the majority of them useless leaving you only the nasty side effects that accompany too many of them. Her solution was to put me on a specialized set of vitamins and now my depression is largely controlled as everyone can have a bad day or two with 24 hour pain and no side effects! She is the kind of doctor that everyone in need should be able to see to get help. I recommend her with absolutely no hesitations whatsoever.

October 3rd, 2015
Great Doctor but say away from office manager. Rude and disrespectful. Do not discuss your medication with office manager. They will give their personal opinion even though they are not qualified to do so.

July 16th, 2015
A Great Doctor
Dr. Chen is one of the best Doctors that I have ever seen. Not only does she assist me with my depression and anxiety, she assists me with discussing potential medical reasons for my symptoms and directs me to the appropriate doctors/specialists to check on additional potential issues. Most of all, she takes the time to discuss your overall health with you and does not make you feel like you are on an assembly line and just another prescription to write. She is a wonderful doctor.