Dr. Tammy Sievers Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tammy Sievers?

July 22nd, 2017

Best Care Possible

As a patient with a rare disease, I'm fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Cheng/Sievers. She is knowledgeable and determined to learn as much as possible to help her patients. Despite having a busy practice, she expresses comforting concern and is very patient when I forget things or need more explanation. (Confusion and memory are due to a health problem.) I cannot imagine wiser or kinder care.

April 13th, 2017

Dismissive

I chose Dr. Cheng in order to have a doctor in my hometown. I had previously been treated by a group of rheumatologist' at UCLA. I was diagnosed, by no less than 5 previous doctors, for a specific autoimmune disease. Dr. Cheng immediately dismissed my diagnosis and doubted my illness. She said she had no documentation from UCLA citing my illness so I brought all records the next appointment. I don't know what she did with the records, but she certainly didn't even scan over them during my appointment. The NEXT appointment, she again said she had received no documentation and when I reminded her that I brought them in personally, my last appointment, she said nothing. My appointments with her were very brief, consisting of her typing in her notebook and asking, "what else" as far as my symptoms. Physical exams consisted of her doing a VERY BRIEF look at my hands, knees and feet and declaring I have arthritis. At one time I complained of numbness in my hands and arms for which she ordered nerve testing. after having 2 appointments worth of nerve testing, I asked Dr. Cheng the results and her words were, "it's nothing". That was my last appointment with her. After each appointment I felt frustrated and embarrassed. I never felt she believed my symptoms nor the diagnosis I received from several other specialists. Additionally, at no time was I given any sort of treatment suggestions or options. My appointments (5-6 total) lasted no more than 5-8 minutes with no dialogue other than "what else?" Then she would quickly exit the room saying, "wait here". Poof, she's gone! After a few minutes a nurse would enter with a suggested date for my next appointment. I thought that after a couple of appointments she would become more familiar with me and my condition and her demeanor would improve. It did not.

September 14th, 2016

Very Pleased

I am very pleased with Dr. Cheng. She always takes her time with me and explains everything she is going over. I have never felt rushed. She also does not minimize anything I tell her. Sometimes I go over a whole list of things and she always listens patiently.

May 9th, 2016

Sometimes hard to contact for refills and or questions

April 14th, 2015

She does not call patients back if there are questions about questionable abnormal tests, she does not remember what she has told you at the prior appoiintment, although it is in her notes. She does not make eye contact but, types in her computer all the time. If she disagrees with other doctors she speaks of them unprofessionally and says the other doctor is wrong; when reality is it is just a difference of medical opinion.

April 2nd, 2015

This woman clearly doesn't value her job or her patients. Terrible.

January 22nd, 2015

Worst bedside manner I have ever experienced!

June 2nd, 2014

Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist

I would not recommend the doctor to anyone. I am concerned about her doing harm to people who rely and trust completely what a Doctor says. She had no bedside manner, was not friendly, and de humanized the experience. She had little connection to her heart, with no ability to show compassion or empathy. She was not prepared with the documentation provided for the initial assessment and wasted time looking for this. She appeared nervous and distracted and blamed her staff for the missing records. She mentioned to me the the referring Dr. mentioned that my situation was "grave and a crisis" even though she didi not have records supporting this in front of her which caused me to be alarmed even though I later found out this was not accurate. It was a terrible experience. I brought my sister and partner to a follow-up appointment to listen to her assessment of the records that she finally had access to and they reported experience similar reactions to her manner and behavior. I do not recommend this Doctor and am concerned for the services she provides.

February 27th, 2014

Super attentive and caring!

Dr. Chang is fantastic!! I have seen many rheumatologist across America and found her to be one of the best! She is mindful of my concerns and gives me her full attention every visit. Dr. Chang is knowledgeable and savvy. She is a rare gem in the Oxnard area.

December 18th, 2013

Worst experience of my life

I had the worst experience visiting this doctor.It was so sad. I cried. She did not behave with care and treated me like I had nothing wrong. I left in tears and told the staff how awful it was. I had waited for the oppointment for months. and got childcare for my daughter/. I was so excited to finally see a specialist to help me with my problems. She was so rude I even heard her right outside the door saying "why they send me the wrong patients". I get shooken up just talking about the experience. This woman should not even have her license. She spent less than 5 minutes asking me questions, and only regarding sleep. All research shows this is not even accurate questions for fibromyalgia. then she poked me once or twice in the leg and that was it "nothing wrong with me" sorry "she said. I also did not like the lady that worked with her and took my blood pressure. She was cold and I dont even think she actually counted my breaths. worst experience of my life. Horrible doctor. judjemental, bad english and just a bad person. gossips and no etiquette or bed side manner whatsoever.

October 2nd, 2013

Horrible

Does not listen at all and makes and minimizes etiology, patients feed back, and patient's understanding of their own body. Went there once and will never go back again.

September 20th, 2013

Been waiting to see Dr Cheng for over 5 months. I have had RA for over 20 years, she will not see me without prior medical records. Problem is is that I ave not been treated for this condition in over 8 years, thankfully it has been in remission. I have tried to get records from past drs office. Can not locate. Dr Tammy Cheng still refuses to see me. Why must a dr. Have to look at records this old??? Does she not have the skills as a specialist to make a diagnosis and medical plan on her on. My regular dr has ordered the proper test that Dr Tammy Cheng requested showing positive RA factor in blood work.