Dr. Tammy Rosenthal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

April 30th, 2015
First pregnancy- Dr. Rosenthal provided very little information and made it difficult to ask questions. Always in a rush.

March 4th, 2015
very good doctor and bedside manner
My experience with Dr R was excellent. She exceeded my expectations in all my interactions. She was very patient with me and took more than enough time to explain options. I find some of the review here hard to believe. She wanted someone to have an abortion--when there was nothing wrong with the child?? I hardly think ANY person who takes years out of their life to ensure babies are brought into the world healthy and happy would ever think this. And the comment about Harvard--because you wouldn't have a sonogram--except to find out the sex?! maybe she just meant with parents as stupid as you, they wouldn't get in. Some people are truly daft.

October 28th, 2014
This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to leave a review for a medical health practitioner. I was stunned by this woman's blatant disrespect for all of my questions and concerns. This is my second pregnancy and I'm opting for a less invasive experience. Meaning, I've decided to only do one sonogram at 20 weeks to confirm the gender and am declining all genetic testing. These decisions were met with hostility from Rosenthal in addition to copious amounts of eye rolling. I was also told from the "doctor" that if I decided not to do additional sonograms after 20 weeks that I should realize that QUOTE, "my baby might not ever make it to Harvard." Yep, she said that. Needless to say, I did not continue with the exam and left immediately after our exchange. I'm currently shopping around for another OBGYN in the Kaiser system. My only regret is that I didn't read these reviews first.

November 21st, 2013
the woman is bad. she went out of her way to be cruel. she tried to convince my pregnant wife to abort her baby, even though there was no sign of any problem or anything. with our experience with kaiser doctors they couldn't care less about you. and there's nothing you can do about it if you have kaiser. yeah you can switch to another doctor, who doesnt even speak english.

October 24th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I am indebted to Dr. Rosenthal for her thoroughness and the expert care she has provided me. I joined Kaiser just this year and selected Dr. Rosenthal as my OB/GYN. How fortunate for me! On my first visit to Dr. Rosenthal I learned that problems I had been having were related to a fairly large pelvic mass - something my previous doctor had not noticed (!?) Dr. Rosenthal has provided excellent care from the diagnosis through my recovery from surgery. She is the best and I would recommend her to my daughters and my friends.

February 9th, 2011
Dr Rosenthal is very thorough and very caring. She is gentle with exams and listens to my concerns. When I have questions I can email her which I really like.

July 10th, 2009
Very Unhappy
I was very unhappy with my overall experience with Dr. Rosenthal. Her receptionist was efficient (although somewhat cold), and the nurse was very calming, but Dr. Rosenthal was completely unsatisfactory in every way. She was abrupt with my exam, and did it so quickly that I doubted the accuracy. She was not at all gentle when she did my pelvic exam and pap smear. Worst of all, she would not let me talk, and she interrupted me when I had comments or questions. She was incredibly rude, condescending, confusing and insensitive when I tried to discuss birth control options with her. Furthermore, when she came back to talk to me after the exam, she only stuck her head in and left the door open so that everyone in the hallway could hear what was going on. I will definitely not go back to her if I can help it.

June 2nd, 2009
Best OB I've ever had
I can't say enough about Dr. Rosenthal. She is the sole reason I still work part-time, b/c I refuse to switch insurances and lose her. I've gone through two high-risk pregnancies and a miscarriage with her, and her advice and expertise have been impeccable. She has diagnosed and caught things when the majority of other doctors consulted brushed symptoms off saying they were perfectly normal. Without trying to sound dramatic, I truly credit her with potentially saving my life during my first pregnancy, and my son's during the second when an emergency c-section was needed. She is intelligent and straight-forward. I highly recommend her.