Family Physicians
2601 Flower Mound Rd
Ste 133
Flower Mound, TX 75028
972-899-8080
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Moving on.....  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

I had ( I am in the process of changing doctors now) been a patient for 7 years, using the office for my general needs as well as wellness visits. The office has never impressed me much, but the PA that used to work there named Kim was who I would ALWAYS request to see. She was patient, understanding, listened and remembered things I would tell her. She understood me and my body. Kim unfortunately has moved out of state and I have avoided the office, like I said I was never a fan. The staff is mediocre and I just don't feel very comfortable there (it also isn't exactly the cleanest, but yet not dirty). The waits seemed to be getting longer, sitting in the back room for over an hour EVERY time I went (yes, I had an appointment). Recently I missed my last refill on my prescription by 3 days (it had expired) and couldn't get in for an appointment for a week and 1/2. I called to ask for a refill and in the meantime, I had an appointment for the following week to go in for my annual check up (this was for my birth control). I was told that they would not honor 1 more refill as I was past due for my annual exam and that was required. Understood, however I was only 3 days late and had an appointment the following week which was the soonest their schedule could get me in for ANY available time ( I wasn't picky, I am flexible). I advised them I needed my birth control and as a 7 year patient who has religiously received my annual exams and primary care there that if they couldn't accomodate the extra week of birth control pills I would be forced to go somewhere else. I asked for a call from the doctor; surprise, she never called me. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon for doctors these days to treat patients as numbers and $$$ only. My request was no unreasonable at all; had Kim been there, she would have done it for me knowing my history. I have now scheduled an appointment with another provider who is actually more conveniently located and recommended by a friend.

|  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

I have to agree with other reviewers about the nurse or Dr. Deuser sitting with their backs turned to enter information into the computer. That happened to me once and since then I have chosen to sit in the chair next to the computer so we can converse eye to eye as needed. To me the staff runs hot and cold. Sometimes they seem friendly and other times not so much. Regarding promptness, I have always had to wait so I know to make appointments on days I have a lot of free time. I like Dr. Deuser and the fact that she does not try to rush me through the appointment. She listens and is very patient and that is why I keep going back.

|  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

The staff is disorganized, although getting appointment is easy, you will be a "patient" by the time you are seen. The doctor and PA sit at computers with their backs toward you and type as you talk. No face-to-face attention until the very quick once over at the end. Routine prescriptions are used as clubs to play the frequent-visit insurance game. You will also be badgered to pay amounts your insurance says are not your responsibility.

|  Good doctor but...  |  show details
by me on Mar 13th, 2012

I was a patient for over 6 months and not one time did I get a refill, I had to be seen to get any refills on anything. She is a good doctor, however I cannot afford her monthly required office visits so I switched doctors.

|  Office Visit  |  show details
by shannaj88 at Citysearch on Jun 26th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Result of an office visit, sent to the doctor every time a statement arrives expecting more money after I have already paid.To Dr. Tamra DeuserNew to the area, I called your office to set up an office visit explaining that I needed to find a new doctor, my meds were low and that I should just probably get my usual yearly check-up. I explained two times that it was not the pappelvic yearly, because I was seeing a gynecologist, I only needed the regular one. The one where reflexes and strengths are checked, ear nose, throat, breathing, blood work, and lastly a little packet sent home for stool samples, etc.When I entered the exam room, I saw the little paper gown and was told by the nurse to get undressed. I ask her what for. I told her I did not want to get undressed this was not the kind of exam I ask for. She went to consult with you. She came back and said that would be okay and you would be in shortly. You finally came in and introduced yourself, then you looked in my ears, then under my neck at something I dont remember, but when you did that, it prompted me to ask you about a mole on my chest. You said it was okay. You may listened to me breathe, then placed your fingers on the top of my foot I guess to take my pulse.You then began asking questions and typing. I tried to bring up medication, after all that was what I was there for I told your office that on the phone. Then you proceeded to tell me if I wanted medication I would have to schedule another visit and of course pay probably around 100 or more and that I must have misunderstood what kind of visit this was.I was seeing exactly what kind of visit this was. I should have just walked out since I was not getting the service I requested. Instead I went ahead and got my blood taken for my yearly blood work and paid the self-pay amount of 190.40 for what you call an exam visit. Thank God for the self pay discount!I later called for an appointment with another doctor and like I did your office, I explained what I wanted. Well this office had no trouble understanding my request. I received first office visit and my prescription refills for my asthma spray. My bill at check-out for this first time visit and getting my meds with self-pay discount was 91.00. Big whopping difference isnt itIt was your office that misunderstood, not me. You can take the cost of the routine venipucture out of the 190.40 that I paid with my self-pay, because I certainly did not get much for it in the exam room. I owe nothing more. I am sending this letter and I will keep sending this letter if you keep sending the statement. I will call you and tell you I owe nothing on the phone. And if I have to, I will stop by and tell you I owe nothing and read this letter out loud to you from the waiting room. Leave me alone I owe nothing more.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Great, caring doctor  |  show details
by Ellen Jester on Jun 21st, 2010

When I moved to Flower Mound with no doctor referrals, I was able to get in to see Dr. Deuser quickly; unfortunately as it turned out I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She referred me to the health care professionals I needed to see and when my diagnosis was confirmed by an oncologist, she called me in the evening to express her concern and to offer any help she might provide. I'm now 2 years cancer free and I see Dr. Deuser for all of my health concerns other than my periodic oncology check ups. She's the best, spends time with you and I've never had prescription refill problems. She tells you when you need to reschedule at the time she writes your prescription and her office personnel adhere to her time frames. If she has you in for a refill; it's only because she wants to monitor your current health issue(s). That's a good thing. There are some doctors who wouldn't take the time. She does!

|  about dr deuser and her staff  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2010

Dr Deuser is a very friendly/nice doctor as well as her nurses. But her admin staff is very rude and uncooperative. I have not had a need for a refill. But for what the receptionist mentioned, I think that patiences are asked for a follow up appointment just to get a refill.

|  Very unorganized  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2009

The office has me come in almost every single month in order to get a prescription filled. They are unorganized and unnecessarily require me to have an office visit before the required time. Example, I wasn't supposed to come back in again until mid-december after being in there on Sept 28th. On October 18th, they asked me to come in for an office visit before they would refill a prescription which was fully talked about on the Sept 28th office visit. They are costing us a lot of money and we will have to switch doctors if they don't stop it.