inactive

• Good
  • Bad

October 16th, 2013
Moving on.....
I had ( I am in the process of changing doctors now) been a patient for 7 years, using the office for my general needs as well as wellness visits. The office has never impressed me much, but the PA that used to work there named Kim was who I would ALWAYS request to see. She was patient, understanding, listened and remembered things I would tell her. She understood me and my body. Kim unfortunately has moved out of state and I have avoided the office, like I said I was never a fan. The staff is mediocre and I just don't feel very comfortable there (it also isn't exactly the cleanest, but yet not dirty). The waits seemed to be getting longer, sitting in the back room for over an hour EVERY time I went (yes, I had an appointment). Recently I missed my last refill on my prescription by 3 days (it had expired) and couldn't get in for an appointment for a week and 1/2. I called to ask for a refill and in the meantime, I had an appointment for the following week to go in for my annual check up (this was for my birth control). I was told that they would not honor 1 more refill as I was past due for my annual exam and that was required. Understood, however I was only 3 days late and had an appointment the following week which was the soonest their schedule could get me in for ANY available time ( I wasn't picky, I am flexible). I advised them I needed my birth control and as a 7 year patient who has religiously received my annual exams and primary care there that if they couldn't accomodate the extra week of birth control pills I would be forced to go somewhere else. I asked for a call from the doctor; surprise, she never called me. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon for doctors these days to treat patients as numbers and $$$ only. My request was no unreasonable at all; had Kim been there, she would have done it for me knowing my history. I have now scheduled an appointment with another provider who is actually more conveniently located and recommended by a friend.

September 26th, 2013
I have to agree with other reviewers about the nurse or Dr. Deuser sitting with their backs turned to enter information into the computer. That happened to me once and since then I have chosen to sit in the chair next to the computer so we can converse eye to eye as needed. To me the staff runs hot and cold. Sometimes they seem friendly and other times not so much. Regarding promptness, I have always had to wait so I know to make appointments on days I have a lot of free time. I like Dr. Deuser and the fact that she does not try to rush me through the appointment. She listens and is very patient and that is why I keep going back.

April 5th, 2012
The staff is disorganized, although getting appointment is easy, you will be a "patient" by the time you are seen. The doctor and PA sit at computers with their backs toward you and type as you talk. No face-to-face attention until the very quick once over at the end. Routine prescriptions are used as clubs to play the frequent-visit insurance game. You will also be badgered to pay amounts your insurance says are not your responsibility.

March 13th, 2012
Good doctor but...
I was a patient for over 6 months and not one time did I get a refill, I had to be seen to get any refills on anything. She is a good doctor, however I cannot afford her monthly required office visits so I switched doctors.

June 21st, 2010
Great, caring doctor
When I moved to Flower Mound with no doctor referrals, I was able to get in to see Dr. Deuser quickly; unfortunately as it turned out I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She referred me to the health care professionals I needed to see and when my diagnosis was confirmed by an oncologist, she called me in the evening to express her concern and to offer any help she might provide. I'm now 2 years cancer free and I see Dr. Deuser for all of my health concerns other than my periodic oncology check ups. She's the best, spends time with you and I've never had prescription refill problems. She tells you when you need to reschedule at the time she writes your prescription and her office personnel adhere to her time frames. If she has you in for a refill; it's only because she wants to monitor your current health issue(s). That's a good thing. There are some doctors who wouldn't take the time. She does!

April 9th, 2010
about dr deuser and her staff
Dr Deuser is a very friendly/nice doctor as well as her nurses. But her admin staff is very rude and uncooperative. I have not had a need for a refill. But for what the receptionist mentioned, I think that patiences are asked for a follow up appointment just to get a refill.

July 19th, 2015