3.0

by mary on Aug 20th, 2016

I was I patient for over twenty years. At atlanta center for dermatology Going every 6-8 months. I mainly saw Judy Silverstein who did biopsies of my moles, all I heard back was from the receptionist was that my moles were OK-in fact many were abnormal I found out after getting my chart. Judy never took the time to explain any of this to me.They stamped on melanoma counseling on my chart with every visit which I never received. When she cancelled her appt. 17 yrs into going here, I saw Martin Weil, I showed him a jagged spreading lesion on my left arm. He told me it was benign and let me walk out the door. 8 months later I go back (big mistake) and see Weil again with a complaint that now it was itching (classic sign of melanoma- family history of melanoma in my chart) He says it's an inflamed SK, and does cryosurgery (malpractice with a family history of melanoma. Cryosurgery makes melanoma metastasize and is a major contraindication.) All this could be taught to a 12 year old. The lesion comes back and I see a different so called Dr there Michael Fisher, at this point I have a large red spreading area on my arm. He also does cryosurgery on this same lesion, letting me just believe it was benign for the 3rd time without a biopsy (malpractice again) doesn't even make a note in the chart that he does this surgery . He removes something off my back, I turn around and see he is not even using gloves! I tell him my sister has had melanoma (which is in my chart of 20 years) He says "There's one!" and sprayed my leg with the cryosurgery..I left the treatment room completely shaken. I go back months later this same lesion is back on my own, 2 so called Drs told me it was benign 3 times, the PA I saw finally did a biopsy and I now have stage 3 melanoma! If you are interested in making the owner David Levine money..go there, but if you want dermatological care and not incompetence, maliciousness, and Malpractice go elsewhere. I sure wish I never walked in these doors 20 year ago! I have had to have 2 major surgeries and I am in a fight for my life now. I would see a real Dr Greg Cox perimeterdermatology People complain about the wait, but I wish I had waited all day. I filed a lawsuit, malpractice was easy to prove, but in Georgia you can not claim damages for loss life expectancy, 100% when I first pointed it out to 50-60% now. If I die i can refile. GOING THERE WAS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE ..STAY AWAY- THIS PLACE IS AN INSURANCE BILLING MILL ONLY AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN- A BLIGHT AND DANGER TO THE COMMUNITY. This is my opinion and my experience. You can reach me at 770910552 if you would like to see my chart--save your life-go elsewhere! although I did not see Tamu Brown- I would run away from this practice !

Smart & Passionate, And Amazing Doctor ! show details Smart & Passionate, And Amazing Doctor !
by Rita M on Oct 5th, 2015

Dr. Tamu Brown is Amazing. I say this because I did not tkink I would find a doctor to treat my skin disorder "Sebaceous Glands. I have been to several dermmatologist and they did not know how to treat my problem;but Dr. Brown did and her first approach was to get results that would allow me to have hope she could help me , and she did. Smart, Beautiful, Patient and Passionate. She treated me like I was already healed!

Jul 2nd, 2015

Follow Up has not taken place at this time

Very Disappointed show details Very Disappointed
by Venecia F. on Apr 15th, 2015

Dr. Brown is condescending and demeaning. I went to her to have what I thought were moles removed based upon a previous experience with another dermatologist. She commenced to ask me "Where have you been? Those aren't moles. Why would you think they are moles?" She then asked her nurse to bring a book so she could show me what she was talking about. The entire time she explained it she was demeaning. She talked down to me as if I were supposed to know. I'm not a dermatologist and wouldn't have scheduled an appointment with her if I were. Nevertheless, I should have known when she walked into the exam room wearing a stained lab coat and yoga pants things didn't look good. I will not be going back to Dr. Brown and will not recommend anyone to her. She's unprofessional and rude.

Mediator show details Mediator
by Thelma K on Mar 9th, 2015

I have never been so depressed after a doctor's appointment in my life I am not a materialistic person but. her up keep was so bad that I couldn't believe that she was a dermatologist. I am still concerned about her credentials. Her medical skills are the same as her appearance. She didn't have time to talk to me , for me to ask questions nor to help me understand my condition. My problem was in the top of my head. She put her gloves on and went to the back. , I asked her to check my back, she said something and left out of the room. I was so out done, I didn't know what to do. I keep wondering was she really the doctor. In a nutshell, there is no way I would ever go back to that place and surely would not refer anyone. It's awful

Rude and Incompetent show details Rude and Incompetent
Feb 20th, 2015

Dr. Tamu Brown refused to even look at my skin, despite my having a diagnosed eye infection that appeared to have spread to my skin and formed lesions. Dr. Tamu Brown told me to come back when I had some pus for her to culture. It's a shame... I had to go back to my ophthalmologist who took swabs from my eyes and skin for culture. Dr. Brown, I will let you know when the culture is back. I have no idea how you got board certified.