Dr. Tan Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics South El Monte, CA

2.7

March 20th, 2015
Great doctor great bedside manner been going to him for 10 years, he is the best doctor ever.

November 8th, 2014
Came on Saturday @ 12:10pm the office close at 1:00pm and they don't accept patient anymore, doesn't matter that I try to explains that my 14 yrs old daughter has school from Mon.-Fri. 7:00am-6:00pm and Sat.6:45am-12:00pm, so hard for us to fit the schedule and the clerk told me then go to urgent care they're open 24/7(rude) + we don't accept new patient anymore(guess they have more than enough) but we're returning patient . If everything is urgent care even if it not urgent then why we need family/pediatrician for? Have enough for this dr office, staffs always look so mean(never smile) and there are one young dress like a hobo too!

September 23rd, 2013
worst doctor I have ever seen
I pretty much only go to the doctor if it is absolutely essential. Seeing Dr. Tan has only reinforced this mentality. He basically made light of my condition and worries. He made me feel even more uncomfortable and scarred about my condition. He basically told me to go look up my symptoms and condition on WebMD. wow...seriously?! Then when I requested medication he told me that I should go buy it online because it would be cheaper than going through my prescription plan. Unbelievable. I will never go back to this doctor, he was rude, unsympathetic, and unprofessional. There are so many other doctors in Sacramento area, see someone else!

August 29th, 2012
HORRIBLE "Pediatrician"
This particular "Pediatrician" is very uncaring and uneducated. He calls "termites" (an insect)"cockroaches" which I wasn't too surprised when I found out that he graduated from a school in a third world country! This particular "PH D. graduate" definitely need to go back to medical school because he can't speak proper English nor have much medical knowledge. The staff in the clinic are overall nice but the waiting time is just HORRIBLE; not to mention the waiting area is extremely uncomfortable and cramped! My parents are usually the ones who take my siblings to this doctor and they were busy one day and I had to take them to see this "Pediatrician" one day and I had to come home and right a review about him to WARN you patients/parents/grandparents & others to stay away from this "doctor" and take your loved ones somewhere they'll be treated with CARE & KNOWLEDGE because this doctor does NOT have any of the following aspect or personality that are crucial to being a Pediatrician!

September 5th, 2010
Gotten so bad and uncaring though the years.
I first went to this doctor about 15 years ago when we moved a few blocks from his office. He and his wife also go to the same church as my family. We know each other quite well. When i got married and moved away, i still go here for my son for 3 more years. Then after my second son, i can't stand it anymore and can't just go here because we know the doctor himself. They no longer take any appointments. Which is fine as first come first served, but that is not the case. I went in for my son's 2 months check up. We were the second on list with no one in the office. Less than 30 mins, about 8 others families came in. They all went in first because they came in yesterday to put their names on the list. So their names were a few pages back crossed out but get to go in first because of that. So if you want, go there, put your name, leave if you want, come back any time the next day or future, if you name is there you will be the first to go in....To me that is just poor but not what makes this doctor a bad one.When my brother entered his nursing course, he needed a full exam which includes alot. he went to Dr. Tan Nguyen and gave him the form and went to get his ear checked. But the doctor wont' fax in his paper works even though it's the ear specialist the doctor sent him to. I came back with him to Dr. Tan's office and ask for the forms back so my brother can get the physical done at his school because he waited for near 3 weeks just to get Dr. Tan to send him to a ear specialist. But Dr. Tan wanted to make money, he checked many things off on the list that he did not do as he never given my brother his physical. Which my brother was happy as some of the stuff the Doctor checked off was something he hates, this way, the doctor gets paid for doing nothing and lying on the forms. Guess it's just normal but i find this to be very bad especially he specialized in Children.