Dr. Tania Rivera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 18th, 2016
Great doctor
She has helped me in every possible way and it's so great to feel better.

March 2nd, 2016
Not personable, not thorough, 10 minute appointments. Needs more experience in all forms of arthritis. Does not instill confidence. Detached at times or doesn't understand what you are saying..

October 19th, 2015
Very thorough! Love her!
Love her! I went to get a 2nd opinion and stayed! Dr. Rivera talked to me for about 20 min asking lots of questions, she gave me a test the other doctor had not and turns out I have (SLE ) Lupus! the other doctor had diagnosed fibromyalgia only.

June 5th, 2015
No accurate diagnosis, just big $$$$
I saw Dr. Rivera because of a level 9-10 painful rash in my lower torso. I thought I might have an auto-immune disease like my mother. She died of Churg-Strauss Syndrome. One of her first symptoms were also skin related. My GP had therefore referred me to a rheumatologist. Dr. Rivera did not examine me in the affected area. She had extensive lab work done that she said was going to take 10 days to be finished. I assumed it was cultures that took 10 days to develop. When I asked her for interim pain management she prescribed an anti-seizure medication. Seizures were not a symptom I had. Not surprisingly the medication did not relieve my pain and I had to return to my GP for sensible pain management. I had a follow up visit with Dr. Rivera 14 days later to review my blood tests. On the paperwork it indicated that the test had been completed after only 4 days. This made me wonder why Dr. Rivera would not call me with the results especially in light of the fact that she was made aware that I was in excruciating pain. She referred me to a neurologist because she thought it might be a neurological condition. For these two doctor's visits Dr. Rivera charged my insurance a total of $ 800 which I find quite outrageous considering the lack of involvement and the unsubstantiated prescription I experienced.