Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Be Wary  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2014

I was pleased with my doctor's appt when I first saw her. She was very thorough on taking down my past medical history and flagging the issues that needed to be managed. However, her office staff is atrociously rude after your first visit. They bill you for things you aren't actually to be billed for. My insurance paid them, and they decided that they wanted to be paid more than what the insurance contract they agreed to pays, so they sent me a bill. When I tried to resolve the issue, they told me too bad, not their problem and refused to help me resolve the problem and told me I had to pay it. I called my insurance, they told me I didn't owe anything to my dr, and they called the office themselves, and the office staff was very rude to them as well. So, now I have to find a new dr because they won't correct THEIR billing issue. So be aware that they will make you pay more than you should have to for seeing them, because they are greedy. I used to work for health insurance, and I knew before even calling my insurance that what they were doing was against their contract with the insurance company and therefore a breach of contract and not something they are allowed to do. But they don't care. I don't know if the dr knows they staff is doing this, but regardless, as a dr, you are responsible for how your staff handles your business. I didn't think the care was stellar from the dr, but I can't really complain either. I didn't get to see her enough to make a complete judgement on her actual care of patients, and never will, since they refuse to fix their issue with billing.

|  pro-active  |  show details
by Richard Cluse on Mar 7th, 2013

I moved here in 94 and have been her patient since then. She ran tests based on my age and risk factors. Most were green but she identified one red I didn't know I had. Over the years she would listen to what I had to say and test accordingly. She found the problem every time. Sometimes that meant going to a specialist. Frankly, I listen to everything she says or recommends because she is keeping me alive.

|  Had to Find a New Doctor  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Schmids for five or so years. I really liked her in the beginning, as she seemed extremely laid back and I felt that she and I could relate to each other. I was hoping that our doctor/patient relationship could grow through the years, and she could be a lifelong healthcare provider to both me and my husband. Each visit, however, I began to see that she was really only interested in a select few items of my health, not my "overall" well being. All she ever talked about during our visits was my calcium intake, my tattoo and whether or not I was covering it with sunscreen, and whether or not I needed a tetanus shot that visit. It was beginning to feel as if she was ignoring any of my concerns. I decided, without a doubt, that I needed to find a new healthcare provider when somebody from her office called me regarding a prescription that I needed to be refilled. He explained that I needed to come into the office to be examined in order to have her authorize the refill. When I explained that I had just been to see her for my annual check up only 1 week prior, and that she and I had in fact discussed the refill, he admitted that she hadn't written anything as such in my records. If she wasn't going to take the time to take proper notes during my exams, then how was I to trust her with my healthcare?

Aug 24th, 2012

I feel very comfortable with Dr. SchmidAnd her office staff. I Have been seeing Dr. Schmid since I was 18. Im now 30 : )

|  Unexpectedly Impressed  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

I needed a new doctor and a friend referred me to Dr. Schmid. I called the office and was given an appointment for a week later. The staff was polite and engaging. By the time I finished my paperwork, I was sent to an exam room. From previous experience, I thought Id be there an hour staring at 4 walls and wondering what was in all of the drawers. Good thing I didnt check, because the doctor was there within 5 minutes.She was friendly, though, and even took time to answer my questions. Afterwards, they painlessly drew blood and I was on my way. Two days later I get a phone call personally from the Doctornot a nurse, or assistant. We chatted and, again, I was asked if I had any questions. This has never happened before.I thanked her, and I thanked my friend for recommending her. Now Im recommending her.

|  Patient Care.... Amazing  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

Always has a SAME day appointment available. Always a call back. Awesome follow up. Dr. Schmid has never rushed any of my MANY appointments she is very VERY patient with me. When im in her office I have her upmost attention, No matter how busy the office is. She saved my mothers life proving various physicians wrong. Absolutely everything I could ever ask for in a physician in charge of my wellbeing.

May 7th, 2012

Great doctor. Actually calls me to follow up and see how I'm doing when medicine changes. In and out of the office, but always takes as much time as needed...when needed. I refer everyone to this Doctor all the time.

Mar 16th, 2012

She just concern for money not for patients

|  Made a Believer out of me  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I would not be writing this today if it was Not for Dr. Tania Schmid, I had a heart problem no one else knew about even though i did not have the normal symtoms that i should have experienced she knew right away what was happening even when other dr.'s wanted to do other stuff she was persistant in going with her instinced even at the risk of being wrong and i sure thought she was wrong. She seen me in the hospital and took care of me herself even though it was a holiday weekend it was nice to see someone i knew instead of a bunch of stangers. I have to thank her today that i am able to finish raising my daughters, watch my grandsons grow up , and not leave my husband a widow. A world of gratitude

|  Excellent care  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

This doctor saved my life! I was seen for an urgent problem. I hate going into the hospital, so she tried to treat me at my request with home meds. I continued to get worse, so I called her on the weekend and she immediately pu me into the hospital and saw me herself!

|  Pay more, no answers  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

This Doctor listens, takes noets.... then sends you to someone else. She will send you a bill after you and your insurance have already met your financial obligations. This doctor is mor concerned about getting paid than solving or taking on any of your health issues. I have been going to this doctor for 5 years.

Aug 11th, 2010

Due to her suggestion of getting a second option, I avoided an unnessary eye surgery.