Dr. Taniya De Silva MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 20th, 2016
Doesn't return important patient phone call
I have been ill for 4weeks and she has not returned any of my calls. My Diabetes have been very high. I 'm on an insulin pump and er drs. Said to check with her for adjusting the pump to correct these highs. I have yet to here from her. I had a serious kidney infection which hospitalized me. I have only heard from her medical assistant whom can't do anything for me but tell her to call me. She has not called me yet. This is a failure to me. Someone else Should be b on call to help patients whom have been very sick and with high glucose level s for weeks.

October 8th, 2013
So Caring
Dr. De Silva helped me while I was pregnant with gestational diabetes. She sat down and reviewed my lab work with me and explained what everything meant. She also sent me multiple articles about gestational diabetes and gave me an informational book on nutrition to help with my fluctuating glucose levels. When I had to be placed on medication she quickly researched the medication I was placed on to make sure it was the correct fit for me and my unborn child. Dr. De Silva also checked on me and my glucose levels rather frequently. I have and will continue to refer patients to her.

October 8th, 2013
Fabulous, very caring
Taniya DeSilva has been an extremely caring and considerate physician. She has followed up with all results, and tests making necessary visits flow smoothly. She has always treated me courteously and spent as much time as needed with both me and my husband. When asked for referrals for surgery, she has accurately chosen wisely. I would recommend her highly - and have!

September 20th, 2013
Look Elsewhere
I have been seeing Dr. DeSilva for Type 1 Diabetes. She will not respond to phone messages, or refill requests. If this had been a one time thing, it could have been overlooked. Unfortunately, anytime that I have needed insulin, or anything else, I have had to drop everything I am doing to go down to her office to beg for insulin. 3 days without prescription insulin is dangerous. This is unacceptable. She will not even give adequate supplies of test strips. Who in the world could abuse diabetic test strips? It is an atrocity that this woman is allowed to "care" for diabetic patients, because all of her actions(or lack thereof ) show that she does not care-not even a little bit. She also told me that I had diabetic nerve damage to my hands that was irreparable without even looking at my hands. Another doctor diagnosed it as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (totally curable) That was the last straw. I had to find another doctor.

July 31st, 2013
RN BSN MSN
Dr. Taniya Desilva is a true asset to her profession. I had a high level of anxiety when I entered her office but her excellent bedside manner, detailed explanation of the steps she would render in regard to my mildly abnormal serum Calcium level down size my anxiety level from a 10 to a 1. It is a true privilege to be under the care of such a excellent physician who strives to render optimal patient care. I have been truly BLESSED to have found such a wonderful and caring physician who views the patient as a Person and Not a Subject!!!!!! Thank You Dr. Desilva for everything!!!!!

April 21st, 2017