Dr. Tanya Grun MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine New Braunfels, TX

3.6

January 9th, 2017
Very pleased for 30 yrs
I've seen Dr. Grun for OVER 30 yrs. and at times I have been real aggravated at her and her office help, and I think that is gonna happen. Overall I think she is a good Dr..now that I know her little better I think she is concerned for her patients and with all the paperwork she does before she even starts to talk to me about my problem is ridiculous. We're lucky she hasn't thrown up her hands and said I've had it.I do wait sometimes over an hour back in the room, but I hear all of them running back and forth so I know they are busy . I'd much rather go to a Dr that is busy and you have to wait then to go to a Dr that has no patients and no waiting at all. She's a good person too, so go see her

September 22nd, 2016
Great!

May 21st, 2016
Good Old Fashioned Doctoring
After seeing a negative review online for Dr. Grun's office, I was a little hesitant to make an appointment. However, I prefer female doctors and was looking for a PCP and since it was only one review, I went ahead and made my appointment. I am so glad I did. the staff and nurses are outstanding and I have had a couple of instances where I needed something quickly and they have always gone above and beyond to make sure it was taken care of. I usually see Casey, who is a PA, for my general health issues, but I have also begun seeing Dr. Grun for a specific issue. She's amazing. Here's what you need to know if you are considering making an appointment with this group: 1. They are concerned with your overall health, they do NOT just give out pain meds like candy. Dr. Grun is hyper-sensitive about over prescribing because she values her patients well being and wants to find answers to issues instead of just covering up symptoms. This does not mean she doesn't give you appropriate relief of symptoms, it just means she values her practice too much to make it a pill dispensary. 2. It is wonderfully easy to make an appointment. Even when ZocDoc failed to manage my appointment at one time, they did their best to squeeze me in at the end of the day so that my trip was not wasted. 3. Expect to wait, but some things are worth it. If you are seeing a PA, the wait is normal. If you are seeing Dr. Grun, it will probably be a wait. On my first visit, I was pretty frustrated by the time it took the doctor to actually get to me. HOWEVER, as soon as she came in, I understood why. She gives you 100% of her attention. She asks questions and listens. She wants to understand the whole patient instead and apply that knowledge to the symptoms. That kind of service is almost non-existent in these days of "get 'em in and get 'em out!" For me, it is absolutely worth the wait because I know she is giving the same kind of attention to the person before me. I just plan accordingly. I'm sorry someone else had a bad experience and I don't know the circumstances, but in two years of patronizing this office, I have nothing but praise for the service and commitment I have received at Dr. Grun's office.

March 1st, 2016
Excellent professional staff.

February 3rd, 2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS "office"
Horrible Dr. Office. Run!!!! Does not care about her patients (which is why you never see her) just wants your money.

January 25th, 2015
Just takes your money and gives no real service.
Horrible customer service. Was out of town and couldn't get them to call me back or phone in a much needed prescription for gout attack.

January 24th, 2015
Refused to call in a prescription for gout attack while I was out of town.

August 30th, 2012
DON'T GO!
Worst Place for patient care. The staff is rude and condescending, they have zero compassion and really need to lose their licenses. If you are look ...

July 3rd, 2012
Sad day
Incredibly disappointed that the Dr. relies on the receptionist to determine her desire to treat a patient.I would write a novel of the ongoing issues i have had getting paperwork and how I was treated on what I did not realize was my last visit. I was handed a letter and asked to find a new doctor.Very unprofessional and certainly not what I expected out of someone that I have raved about in the past. In thinking it over, I believe they did me a favor. If a Dr. cannot get control over a staff or speak directly to the patient to find out a concern, I know the right decision was made for me to no longer be a patient in that office.Would I recommend her? Not anymore.