Dr. Tanya Yanovsky MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 28th, 2015
Experienced
An amazing psychiatrist who sees the problems that are there and lets you know when there isn't a problem. I have brought up several concerns to her and she instantly addressed the real problems and told me that I need to stop overthinking the others. Time after these incidences I acknowledge that she was correct about all. I understand the anger coming from people on this page but I can affirm that she is a great doctor, uninterested in overprescribing and looking to get to the bottom of the problem. Also, she is from a different country and her mannerisms are aligned with those of her native country.

September 3rd, 2015
My mother has been wasting her time with this woman
Any psychiatrist should know that there are clients who "fit" and those who don't. To continue to expose a client to your condescending, cold and icy attitude (as referenced by others here) for whatever your reason is tantamount to abuse. If Yanovsky is unable to find compassion for certain patients she should kindly suggest that they move on...admitting that the struggles of those patients either 1. trigger HER or 2. are beyond the scope of her abilities to adequately treat. I am grieved that my mother has seen this woman for so long.

April 27th, 2015
Dr. Yanovsky is a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing her for almost 20 years. She is kind, caring and so easy to talk to. . She listens and gives great advice. You get a lot out of an appointment. She never rushes you out. I always feel very good when I leave her office.

February 4th, 2015
very positive experience
Dr. Yanofsky is very thoughful, smart, listens to the patient and takes the time to explain her thoughts about medication. I completely trust her as a physician.

March 19th, 2014
Dr. Yanovsky told me that I was too beautiful and too smart to have problems and that the ones that I do have are the same as the rest of the world and that I should "suck them up" like everyone else. This was on the FIRST visit; certainly not enough time to get to know me or try a tough love approach. I even gave her a second chance thinking that maybe she was having an off day. Nope, just as icy the second time around. If people could just "suck it up", you would be broke and out of a job. You think I want to dish out money to you for fun? Not an ounce of compassion here. Also made me wait over 30 minutes for three appointments I had with her.

August 29th, 2013
ADD patient
Pleasant professional in non-rush atmosphere. Good assessment skills.

May 15th, 2013
Very bad experience
Dr. Yanovsky is the typical new age psychiatrist that is looking to medicate you or over medicate you at every turn. I was initially given an antidepressant by my primary care that caused a manic episode. I saw Dr. Yanovsky after this and was in a state of depression. I told her I was not a depressed person, and it was a pill that caused my condition. She did not listen. She told me I was always bipolar and would need medication for the rest of my life. Each time I visited her she would change my medication... up something, add something or try to control my condition with meds. After a few years of research, I discovered that she should not have considered my mania a sign of bipolar. It is written in the new DSM manual that medication induced mania does not count as bipolar. For more than a year, she switched me to so many medications... which caused incredible mood swings. She also prescribed Xanax like it was a simple medication that would help me sleep or with anxiety. Xanax proved to be one of the worst medications for me. Causing lots of mood swings, and causing a dependency on sleep medication. Almost a year ago, I stopped medication... and my mood is stable once again. I lost 3 years of my life due to these dangerous medications. Dr. Yanovsky was also very condescending in her manners. I did not like or appreciate her personally and do not respect her opinions. She does not do anything except prescribe medication... offers no other alternatives. I'm not impressed that she has 30 years experience... she has not learned anything from the problems psych meds can cause.

May 14th, 2013
EXCELLENT AND CARING DR
I have seen Dr.Yanovsky for many years. She is the only Dr. who really understood my personality and always knew exactly what to say and how to manage my issues. She uses a combination of therapy and meds and always listens to the patients needs and works with the patient to achieve what works. I have since moved to NJ and I honestly am having difficulty finding a psychiatrist as caring and competent as she is. Highly recommend her!

February 8th, 2013
Very helpful
I have been seeing Dr. Y for over 5 years. She is very straight to the point and matter of fact. She is open to discussing alternative methods if you do not want to up or add medication. I had gone to multiple psychiatrists without any improvement. 1 session with Dr. Y and I had a completely different diagnosis and have been doing immensely better ever since. She is extremely knowledgeable and has literally been a life saver.

November 4th, 2011
Not helpful at all
I spent almost a year seeing Dr. Yanovsky and found her to be cold . Her solution to any problem involved increasing or adding medications, rather than actually building coping strategies.

December 17th, 2009
Simply the best....
Dr. Yanovsky is a kind, caring doctor who is extremely knowledgeable.

April 14th, 2017