Dr. Tapas Ghose MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 17th, 2011
Returning Patient
I was a patient of the original group that was affiliated with Kansas City but, due to an experience with one of their staff (who has thankfully left) seven years ago, vowed never to return. One night, my wife was admitted suddenly for a heart attack and Dr. Ghose arrived in the ER. He and his team were very fast at treating her heart attack and he took a great deal of time even at 2AM to show me and the rest of the family the pictures of her heart attack and answered all our questions. My wife adored Dr. Ghose and because of him, I returned back to the Lawrence group. On my first annual visit, Dr. Ghose spent a great deal of time going though all my previous procedures and medications. I could tell that he spent a great deal of time getting to know me before I even saw him! During this visit, he felt a mass in my abdomen that no one had felt before. Seeing my nervousness, he made sure I got an ultrasound the same day and found out I had a abdomen anerysm that was almost 7cm. I got it repaired within two weeks but imagine my surprise when I learned that I was sitting on a time bomb. I can't remember another doctor that had been so thorough in the past, not one that spent so much time with me and he was the only one that picked up something that no one else had. Now, both my wife and I go to see only Dr. Ghose. He saved my life!

December 9th, 2010
RN Review
Yes, I am a nurse in the community but, before his arrival, all of my cardiac care was out of this city. From the reports I heard of patients that were sent to him as well as word of mouth from some of my friends, I decided to give him a try. Well, I was impressed. He spent what seemed an eternity with me and my family, told me in good detail about my valve problem and what to expect not only now, but in the future. My sister has another unrelated cardiac condition and I referred her to him as well.Even now, I encourage my doctor to send patients to him (not just because he is my cardiologist or that he's cute to look at) but, because I trust him and know that patients will love him.

October 17th, 2010
He makes house calls. In this day and age. Nuff said.

April 13th, 2010
My Dad was a patient for a very long time with the old group in lawrence but, when we found out that all the doctors were staying in town we were happy. My Dad got an early appointment to see Dr. Goshe because he wasn't feeling to well after it snowed here and he was helping with some snow shoveling. Dr. Goshe did a test in the office and took us to the ER. Within a day, Dr. Goshe did a heart procedure and found that Dad's old stent was reblocking so he fixed with another stent. Dad now feels a lot better. Dr. Goshe was there the whole way, from the office visit to the heart procedure to us leaving the hospital to us seeing him again a month later. We've also got our uncle seeing him now for some leg troubles.

March 16th, 2010
For about two years now, I have been seeing doctors regarding my hip pain without getting any questions answered. I was about to see a orthopodic surgeon and likely get a mri for my symptoms when one of my friends told me that his hip and leg pain were because of arterie disease in his legs and so I went to see his doctor. Dr. Ghose was great and told me that based on feeling my leg pulses that I should have blood pressure tests of my legs. He also asked if I was having discomfort in my legs when I would walk and I was. I still don't know why no one ever asked me that before. The blood pressure test showed I did have a narrowing and I had a procedure where the blockage was fixed. Within a day, I felt so much better. Dr. Ghose even called me about a week and a month after to make sure I was doing better and both times I was happy to hear his voice on the phone rather than a secretary. I still go by to see him and have other family members and friends visit with him.

March 14th, 2010
He was wonderful. He helped me understand my heart problem and spent a great deal of time with me and my family. Highly recommended.

December 29th, 2009
I had him when he was in St. Louis. He performed a cardiac catheritization on me. I needed a stent in my LAD. I thought everything was fine until about 1-1/2 weeks later. My right leg where the cath was done, was painful to walk on. It was cramping from my thigh down to my calf, and tingling in my toes and my foot was numb. I am still battling this over 2 months later. I believe he did some damage to some nerves and muscles when he put the cath and stent in. I am now seeing a neurologist to determine what happened but can't have an EMG until I am off the Coumadin. I believe the EMG will show that he was at fault.