by Kim J. on Jun 5th, 2015

I absolutely love her. She is the best Dr. in the world. If I ever move away I would come back just to see her.

HORRIBLE show details HORRIBLE
by Josh B on May 13th, 2015

when I was 2 and a half months pregnant I went to my second visit with dr. Bruce, I got an ultrasound and I was told my baby had a cyst on the back of her neck, dr. Bruce sat down with me and my husband and told us we should terminate because my baby wouldn't make it past 5 months and she even gave me business cards for doctors that can terminate (K!LL) my baby. She requested that I take a blood test that would be more detailed about what was wrong with my baby. She told me to terminate that following Monday even though Monday came before the test results would be in. Thankfully after talking to family and friends I didn't take her advice and decided to get a second opinion from a CHRISTIAN Dr. I got a call about a week later from her nurse saying my blood test came back normal and my baby was fine. I am now over 6 months pregnant and my little girl is perfectly healthy. I have had 3 ultra sounds with my new Dr since this horrible, and unprofessional advice was giving to me. I did not go back to her after that. Actually I have not heard a word from her since then. She didn't even have the decency to call me herself and tell me she was wrong. She wont even send my medical records over to my new doctor after being asked twice. I DO NOT recommend her at all because she almost ki!led my baby!

Loves C sections, doesn't like to listen show details Loves C sections, doesn't like to listen
by anon on Mar 9th, 2015

This MD likes to perform C sections just like most at Women's Hospital. I always felt rushed and stressed at appointments with her and she seemed to never really listen to what I had to say or ask. Her external cephalic version for breech babies was a joke, not successful at all. She only tried it by herself instead of getting more people to help during the procedure. She is good at C sections though if that is what you are looking for.

Nov 16th, 2014

She has cared for me for 5 years now! Wonderful doctor. Looks out for everything & takes precautions. She has delivered 2 of my children & now soon to be 3rd. Very caring & understanding!

Dec 8th, 2013

I chose Dr Bruce for my obstetric care and was absolutely happy with my care. She has a great bedside manner and is an excellent clinician. As a physician myself, I highly recommend her. She is a great doctor.

I love her! show details I love her!
by Maggie on Sep 25th, 2013

She is a very talented doctor, and she is very nice. She takes the time to talk to you and listen. Bedside manner is A I would never change doctors. During exams she's also gentle and I never leave there in any sort of pain. She also has an excellent sense of humor.

Feels like family show details Feels like family
by Jessica C on Aug 15th, 2013

I changed my doctor to Dr. Bruce after dealing with someone who was not pleasant to deal with. I hit it off with her from day one. She is very informative, honest and covers all my questions. I am currently pregnant with my second child and my husband and I could not imagine having another doctor. Not to mention, I love her nurses Nikki and Veronica. They have all been so helpful and very professional. If you are looking for a doctor that you can trust completely and feel so at ease, Dr. Bruce is your doctor!

Jan 30th, 2013

I love Dr Bruce she is so caring

Aug 3rd, 2012

dr. bruce is probably the best ob gyn in texas,

Love her! show details Love her!
by Amber S on May 15th, 2012

I am currently pregnant with my third child and she will be delivering this one, just as she did my other two. She is very friendly and does not rush us at our appointments. I plan on keeping her as my doctor forever!

Not so professional show details Not so professional
Mar 8th, 2012

I went to Dr. Bruce for a standard birth control procedure. She made a judgmental and snarky comment on the amount of drinks per week I wrote on my form (less than 5/week). She also made sarcastic remarks as to whether I could abstain from sex for a week for the procedure. She set me up for the procedure and did not tell me any information about it. I later found out from a friend that I would need a ride home and to take the day off work due to pain. This would be helpful information.

Fantastic doctor! show details Fantastic doctor!
Feb 3rd, 2012

We had just moved to Houston when we found out we were pregnant and needed a physician. Was referred to the OGA but took a chance with Dr. Bruce since I didn't know much about her. Incredibly knowledgable, friendly, comforting and a wonderful bedside manner. She shared some of her personal experiences with me to help put some concerns at ease, she related to me and helped explain or understand things in a very comforting way and post baby, she was extremely accommodating with the follow up visits when I brought my fussy baby. She never made me feel rushed and answered every question with care. Love this doctor. So glad she's my doctor! :)

I love her! show details I love her!
Jan 20th, 2012

She is the best doctor, of any kind, I have ever been to! I have been dealing with 2 issues for 8 months that my original obgyn missed and Dr. Bruce had an idea my first visit and knew by my second about a week later. She answers my millions of questions and spends time with me and doesnt make me feel rushed. She listens and is very gentle and caring. She didn't act like it was all in my head, it was such a relief for her to say "It's ok, we will find out and fix it. I already have an idea of what is wrong and how to take care of it." She actually called me with my test results, not a nurse. I will keep going to her for as long as she is in practice and I even live an hour away.Her nurses are wonderful as well! Calls don't go straight to a voice mail, they go to a real person. They are very caring and listen when I call and don't sigh like they are disgusted and I am stupid.

Caring and receptive show details Caring and receptive
Jul 29th, 2011

My wife and I meant for months to establish her with an OBGYN once we moved to Houston, but it never happened. Finally we set up an appointment with Dr. Bruce, quickly followed by a positive EPT before our visit. Sadly, this story ended in a miscarriage. Dr. Bruce was very professional and compassionate and neither my wife nor I have the remotest reservation about continuing to use her for what are hopefully more positive future visits.

Jul 27th, 2011

THis was my first visit to this wonderful Dr and she was amazing. I recommended her to my friend as well. I plan on keeping her as my Dr for all my well woman care.

The best doctor ever show details The best doctor ever
Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Bruce is the best, most caring doctor I ever met. She cared for me and my unborn children threw all 3 pregnancies. Including an emergency c-section. She is more then a doctor.

Dr Bruce is great show details Dr Bruce is great
Mar 29th, 2011

I spent the better part of a year in and out of Dr. Bruce's office during my pregnancy. It took me a little while to warm up to her, but I think she's great. She is very genuine and honest. She listens to your concerns and addressses them with sound advice and game plans. She stays up to date with new research on diagnosis, medications and procedure. With my complications, I was glad I could be real with her, and I felt well-managed under her smart and quirky self.

Wait time is rediculous show details Wait time is rediculous
Sep 10th, 2010

There are about 12 doctors in this office. All the other doctors were calling their patients in and getting them back out. While Dr. Bruce had a wait time of an hour. I waited on multiple occasions for more than 45 minutes to an hour or more. The last time I walked out. If you can't handle that patient load, you may want to downsize or see if your partners will help you out! Nice Dr. but very disappointed with the wait time as well as her person that takes her calls. Can you say unprofessional!!!

Smart, gracious, and quick show details Smart, gracious, and quick
by B F Smith on Jan 22nd, 2010

Dr. Bruce is a young, energetic doctor with a contagious smile. But most important, she is smart and decisive. Her beside manner is excellent and she provides a very positive attitude, which is also contagious. I reccomend her highly to any woman looking for a new OBGYN, whether you're having babies or going through menopause.

The Perfect Dr. for me show details The Perfect Dr. for me
by Kelly on Jul 30th, 2009

I have been going to different OBGYNS since I was 14 for pelvic pain. After my cyst ruptured the ER Dr. referred me to Dr. Bruce, and it has made all the difference for me. She has helped me more than I ever expected a Dr. to do. She can be kind of blunt, but I think that's a good thing for a doctor. She always answer my questions without me even having to ask. SHe thinks outside the box, in my opinion, instead of having a cookie cutter plan for every patient like my other doctors did. She does what works best for you, and if the first thing doesn't work, she always has another plan. She is very kind and caring also. I would refer her to anyone in my life, mom, best friend..anyone.

by ADE CRUZ on May 31st, 2009

EXCELLENT DR AND GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR,AND DR BRUCE SPEAK EXCELLENT SPANISH. EASY TO TALK MY VISIT WAS BEYOND EXPECTATIONS.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Anonymous on May 29th, 2009

She and her staff were exactly what I was looking for. They are young, smart, and compassionate. They went above and beyond to help me out, and - after I lost my job - helped me find ways to make my medical care affordable. Dr. Tara Bruce quickly diagnosed my condition and provided an easy course of treatment. I would recommend her to anyone.