Dr. Tara Bruce MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Houston, TX

August 3rd, 2015
Love Dr Bruce! So glad I choose her as my doctor to deliver my twins! Did I have to wait sometimes, yes, but I get why. She makes up for it by the amount of time she spends with you during the appt.

June 5th, 2015
I absolutely love her. She is the best Dr. in the world. If I ever move away I would come back just to see her.

May 13th, 2015
HORRIBLE
when I was 2 and a half months pregnant I went to my second visit with dr. Bruce, I got an ultrasound and I was told my baby had a cyst on the back of her neck, dr. Bruce sat down with me and my husband and told us we should terminate because my baby wouldn't make it past 5 months and she even gave me business cards for doctors that can terminate (K!LL) my baby. She requested that I take a blood test that would be more detailed about what was wrong with my baby. She told me to terminate that following Monday even though Monday came before the test results would be in. Thankfully after talking to family and friends I didn't take her advice and decided to get a second opinion from a CHRISTIAN Dr. I got a call about a week later from her nurse saying my blood test came back normal and my baby was fine. I am now over 6 months pregnant and my little girl is perfectly healthy. I have had 3 ultra sounds with my new Dr since this horrible, and unprofessional advice was giving to me. I did not go back to her after that. Actually I have not heard a word from her since then. She didn't even have the decency to call me herself and tell me she was wrong. She wont even send my medical records over to my new doctor after being asked twice. I DO NOT recommend her at all because she almost ki!led my baby!

March 9th, 2015
Loves C sections, doesn't like to listen
This MD likes to perform C sections just like most at Women's Hospital. I always felt rushed and stressed at appointments with her and she seemed to never really listen to what I had to say or ask. Her external cephalic version for breech babies was a joke, not successful at all. She only tried it by herself instead of getting more people to help during the procedure. She is good at C sections though if that is what you are looking for.

November 16th, 2014
She has cared for me for 5 years now! Wonderful doctor. Looks out for everything & takes precautions. She has delivered 2 of my children & now soon to be 3rd. Very caring & understanding!

December 8th, 2013
I chose Dr Bruce for my obstetric care and was absolutely happy with my care. She has a great bedside manner and is an excellent clinician. As a physician myself, I highly recommend her. She is a great doctor.

September 25th, 2013
I love her!
She is a very talented doctor, and she is very nice. She takes the time to talk to you and listen. Bedside manner is A+++ I would never change doctors. During exams she's also gentle and I never leave there in any sort of pain. She also has an excellent sense of humor.

August 15th, 2013
Feels like family
I changed my doctor to Dr. Bruce after dealing with someone who was not pleasant to deal with. I hit it off with her from day one. She is very informative, honest and covers all my questions. I am currently pregnant with my second child and my husband and I could not imagine having another doctor. Not to mention, I love her nurses Nikki and Veronica. They have all been so helpful and very professional. If you are looking for a doctor that you can trust completely and feel so at ease, Dr. Bruce is your doctor!

January 30th, 2013
I love Dr Bruce she is so caring

August 3rd, 2012
dr. bruce is probably the best ob gyn in texas,

May 15th, 2012
Love her!
I am currently pregnant with my third child and she will be delivering this one, just as she did my other two. She is very friendly and does not rush us at our appointments. I plan on keeping her as my doctor forever!

March 8th, 2012
Not so professional
I went to Dr. Bruce for a standard birth control procedure. She made a judgmental and snarky comment on the amount of drinks per week I wrote on my form (less than 5/week). She also made sarcastic remarks as to whether I could abstain from sex for a week for the procedure. She set me up for the procedure and did not tell me any information about it. I later found out from a friend that I would need a ride home and to take the day off work due to pain. This would be helpful information.