Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Shes ok, office is horrible!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2014

She was great if you want average. She answered all my questions. I always felt rushed and like just a number. The wait time every visit was not worth it. I ewaited at least 45 minutes for every visit. Not to mention the rude receptionist that would take a call over the patient standing in front of her. The headache with the office staff as well as the other parters in practice is not worth it. I switched physicians at 37 weeks due to lack of confidence in practice and physicians.

|  Love her!  |  show details
by Mendi on Mar 28th, 2013

She delivered my 2nd baby and is my dr for my third. I LOVE that she cares enough to order tests even if unnecessary always better safe then sorry. Shes never treated me like a burden even with my second where I was in the hospital or office at LEAST once a week, Shes always been kind and informative. This is my last baby but I would reccomend her to anyone. Cant comment on the Billing Dept (i have medicaid so ive never seen a bill)

|  would recommend debikey  |  show details
by ani on Feb 13th, 2013

I like my visit with Dr.Debikey. I saw her for my second son and from my first appointment on she is been very friendly, helpful, giving advice as necessary. Once I was late for my appointment by 20 min and since we were going out of country the next morning Debikey made sure I was okay to travel for long hours. Even after the long wait she answered all my concerns,questions,best things to do during travel etc with patience. I love her for her service and would recommend her to anyone who would ask for review

|  n/a  |  show details
by Amanda on Feb 7th, 2013

She delivered both my children. She is awesome!!!

|  Good Doctor, terrible staff  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2013

Dr Debikey is fine. She was pretty good overall, though I do agree in that she rarely checks in on you during the delivery and does not seem to care too much afterwards on how you are doing. My review is of the office staff, in particular the billing office. As usual, the office made us pay our up front money for the delivery (which I believe to be wrong anyway). Because of some other medical issues that happened, our family reached the out of pocket maximum for our insurance and the delivery was free. Mind you, our final payment was made in June 2012 for our "suppose" portion of the insurance. In February 2013, they have still not sent me my refund of $462. They don't give you interest on the money. You can't get to it. They just "hold it for you". My child was born in November. There were some insurance issues. I went out of my way to help them bill the right people fully knowing that I had a refund coming. Instead they continue to hold it for new claims (follow-up visits, etc.) which are NOTHING MORE THAN co-pays; they won't release your check until all claims are gone. My advice is to find an office that does not charge the upfront fee. Revolt against this improper billing tactic. If you did this to them, they would haul you into court for not paying. But it is perfectly ok for them to "hold your money for you" Apparently you have nothing better to do with it.

|  Horrible experience with Debikey  |  show details
by Former Patient on Feb 5th, 2013

I chose Dr. Debikey because of the positive reviews I read about her. However, my experience with her was extremely disappointing. She was always quick to jump to worse case scenarios with limited information, thereby creating much stress and anxiety during my pregnancy. She was also quick to order tests and procedures, many of which I later found out were unnecessary but very profitable from an insurance perspective. As the other commenter mentioned, check your bills with this office as there is no transparency in their billing system and mistakes are very common. Dr. Debikey's bedside manner was truly the worst I have ever seen - she only checked in on me once during her 36 hour shift and I was her patient who was about to go into labor! We had some differences in opinion prior to my admittance to the hospital (I wanted a natural delivery but she wanted to induce me at 40 weeks and 1 day and insisted on a c-section); however, that did not justify her lack of care during my delivery - I would say it was completely unprofessional at best. Thank God for her colleague, Dr. Boyce, who took over the shift the next day. Dr. Boyce respected my wishes for a natural delivery even though it took longer than a c-section would have; it was only because of her that I was able to avoid an unnecessary c-section. I would summarize by saying that Debikey is probably an acceptable doctor if you are willing to go along with everything she dictates and never question her judgement on anything; however, she does not know how to respectfully consider a patient's wishes when they go against what is convenient for her (based on her call schedule, speed of delivery, etc.). I would not recommend her to anyone I know nor ever use her again.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2013

Dr. Debikey filled in as my ob/gyn after my regular doctor and I both had our children at the same time. She is incredible! Great bedside manner, very funny, and great at treating postpartum issues that can pop up. The only thing I would caution people - and this is about the office, not the doctors - is that their billing department made frequent mistakes on my account. That's why, unfortunately, I'm having to find somewhere else to go. They would code thing incorrectly, then would attempt to correct, but it would still be wrong. This happened on several different occasions. I loved the doctors, but the fights with billing aren't worth it.

|  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

if it wasn't for dr. debikey and her ass't amy, i would not still be in this office. the staff and the triage line does not deliver the same service as dr. debikey and amy. she is so popular, it is really difficult to get an appointment. however, i have found that if i call and leave a message for amy and bipass the triage line, i may not get my answer as fast, but i get a better answer for me, and if dr. debikey feels that she needs to see me, she makes room on her schedule for me instead of the triage nurses sending me to the NP or making me wait potentially 4 weeks to see dr. debikey. additionally, i feel that dr. debikey's caring personality saved my son's life. she is a wonderful doctor!

|  show details
Jan 5th, 2009

this woman saved my life- I love her to pieces! would recommend her to anyone :)