Dr. Tara Ostrom MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

July 20th, 2015
Good but my previous doctor spent more time and discussed my medical needs more

September 5th, 2013
Lousy doctor
Rude. Silly office policies. Come in for a prescription refill -- your insurance gets billed for a full physical. Rip off, long waits and she's got no personality.

July 28th, 2013
A Dictator
If you want to feel like you are I a concentration camp, then have Dr. Tara M. Ostrom as your PCP.

June 29th, 2013
Reluctant to give me Mammogram slip/Diagnosed with Cancer
I am 48yr old female, Dr. Ostrom tried to dissuade me out of having my annual mammogram stating that under age 50 it was only recommended every OTHER year. I explained to her that the American Cancer Society recommends every year beginning at age 40. She gave me my mammogram slip and I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer with a grade 3, which is aggressive. If I had waited another year to have my mammogram, as she recommended, the outcome would have been quite different. I wouldn't see this her again for even a strep culture and I have a difficult time referring to her as a Dr.

May 14th, 2013
The whole practice is bad!
I agree with the other posts. I also went in for a prescription refill. I Waited for an hour past my appointment time for Dr. Ostrom to come in and tell me she "doesn't feel comfortable" writing a prescription the for me. It is not a narcotic and I had already been taking it for 3 years. In my opinion ALL the doctors at this office are horrible. If you schedule and appointment at 9:00am, it is almost a guarantee you will not see anyone until at least 10:00.

December 6th, 2010
Terrible!!
TERRIBLE Place. Went in to ask for a prescription to be written for something very simple--no health evaluation needed. They charged me for the highest cost of service (multiple hundreds of dollars after insurance)! I disputed and they claim that since I mentioned other medical conditions while in the office (due to the dr asking me), they could bill for it! Even though no further discussion was had about it nor was any medical advice provided. Terrible terrible place! would NOT recommend to anyone.

January 14th, 2010
not focused on preventative care
Dr. Ostrom is a fine and competent doctor, but she doesn't seem to be focused on preventative care. When I ask for a blood test during an annual exam, she doesn't seem to want to do it, although she does agree to do one, seemingly begrudgingly. Focus more on preventative care doc and you'll serve your patients better and get better reviews.

October 21st, 2009
Great Doctor
Although I have none (zero) of the risk factors for osteoporosis Dr Ostrom sent me for a bone density test and it turns out I have a severe case. Now on medication and bone density improving.For years, the skin on the ends of my fingers has split open spontaneously. When I mentioned it to Dr. Ostrom she told me to use vaseline. Haven't had a split in over a year. I have experienced other instances in which Dr Ostrom observed and listened and then prescribed an effective treatment (which did not always involve drugs - that's good).Contrary to the other review, I have found her pleasant and interested in me and my concerns.

September 12th, 2009
KEEP LOOKING
This is a very mean and rude doctor. She laughs at you not with you. She is a snotty you know what and wouldn't go back to her again if she paid me for all the time i spent in her waiting room. I would be rich. But worst of all is her personality itself because she can put you down and have no problen doing it. What's the point of being mean to your patients. They come to her for help and get nothing.

July 8th, 2017