Dr. Tara Troy MD Patient Reviews

• Hepatology Grayslake, IL

no change

October 25th, 2016
Closed-minded to Natural Remedies
Dr. Troy treated me for UC a few years ago. I had suffered with the disease for over 30 years. When my condition took a turn for the worse she prescribed an immunosuppressant. I had a terrifying bad reaction to it after just one dose. She denied it was the cause. When I told her that I wanted to try natural remedies, she said she couldn't help me anymore. After doing some research on-line and changing my diet, I learned that I am gluten sensitive. Today I am healthy and living drug free. Stay away from gluten!!!

February 16th, 2016
Dr. Troy is excellent! She is such a nice Doctor who really cares about her patients!

July 3rd, 2015
Dr Troy is so sweet, professional, and smart ! the kind of Dr. you can totally trust!

March 24th, 2015
One of the most professional, intelligent, and kind doctors that I have ever had the pleasure to see.

March 31st, 2014
Wonderful experience
While a colonoscopy is not a fun event, Dr. Troy made it a pleasant experience. Her staff was wonderful and I would highly recommend this doctor.

December 5th, 2013
First off, when I called in to schedule an appointment that I considered to be urgent, I was able to be fit in 6 weeks later. When I got to my scheduled appointment I was considered late because I did not come 30 minutes early to my appointment like suggested in paperwork they said they sent home. They no longer do anything by phone; everything is sent via mail. I didn't want to reschedule, as I had already waited 6 weeks for this one. I was on time and am very confused as to why if they want patients ti arrive 30 minutes early, why not make the appointment for that time. I waited to see if I could be squeezed in. As I sat in the waiting room patients of other doctors came in, but none for her. I waited and waited. It's very convenient that Dr. Troy continues to renew my medications even though I have not seen her in 2 years!

August 16th, 2013
Dr. Troy is a very nice, caring doctor, but pushes pharmaceutical drugs rather than find the cause to the problem. I suffered for a long time and all that was pushed to me was anti-anxiety medicine, when in fact I was gluten sensitive.

April 7th, 2013
Dr Troy is everything that I look for in a doctor. She is easy to talk to, listens closely, and understands my health issues. She explains tests and treatment options clearly. When I had a scope done, she had a thorough report of findings typed up within minutes of the procedure. Dr Troy is well respected by other doctors. Not only is she talented at what she does, it's also evident that she is a kind person. I have nothing but praise for Dr Troy and the care she has given to me. In my eyes, she is an angel.

January 8th, 2012
From my first visit, clearly I was in good hands. Dr Troy is kind, patient, calm, and intelligent. I admire her empathy and gratitude. She has my trust and respect.