Dr. Taras Masnyk MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Winfield, IL

October 29th, 2016
Trusted
Dr. Masnyk and his PA patty are amazing, i was only 17 when i started seeing them and had to undergo my first spinal surgery. it was a long surgery and the first time i was ever being put to sleep. They both comforted me, and have provided me with the best care i could ask for. They both care about me and my health. I couldnt have asked for a better doctor

March 11th, 2015
The best bedside manner. Leaves no stone unturned. You need a neurosurgeon he's the man.

April 30th, 2012
absolute trust
I had previously seen other doctors that only diagnosed me with sciatica pain. No treatment plans helped. At my initial meeting Dr Masnyk and his Nurse Practitioner Patty were both in the room. They looked at my CT scans, and then took the time to show on a 3D model where my problem was and how it was occurring. I had a ruptured disk at L5, S1. Dr Masnyk was very thorough. He even pointed out pains that I was having and had forgotten to mention. Every single one. He explained my options, and I chose to have surgery. The procedure was explained to me and I had a pamphlet to read at home. My surgery was under 1 hour long, during which Dr Masnyk cut into my back, drilled into my vertebrae, trimmed the disk matter that was touching my spinal cord, and scraped out the compromised matter inside the disk so that nothing could cause a recurring problem. Patty stopped by my hospital room the following morning and told my fiance how to care for the wound. I did have complications, but that was my own fault. As soon as I felt good, within the first week, I was up and moving about again. I over did it way to early. Every time I am in the office the receptionists and nurses recognize me and wave. I have never waited over 10 minutes from check in to being shown into an exam room. At my 2 week and 6 week follow up appointments I was seen by both Dr Masnyk and Patty. It was comforting to have them both reassuring me that I was doing wonderfully. I'm feeling better every day and I cannot wait to be back to "normal". All thanks to Dr Masnyk, Patty, and their team.

August 3rd, 2011
successful surgery by Dr Masnyk
had lower lumbar surgery, had no pain after surgery, walked around with no problems within hours.

December 11th, 2009
Wonderful Doctor
Performed discectomy with fusion on 2 discs. Procedure went wonderfully and I have complete feeling back in all extremities. I owe a debt of gratitude to the skilled hands and knowledge that this man has.

August 10th, 2009
Lifesaver
Will recommend to everyone. Confident and honest. Takes as much time as needed with patient and family. Thorough. Wonderful bedside manner. Patient and kind. Explains in terms us lay people can understand. Brilliant! Makes decisions and saves lives!

June 17th, 2009
Great guy and means well...but misdiagnosed me