Dr. M Orfaly MD Patient Reviews

April 14th, 2015
good doctor
Good bedside manner... very detailed explanations and questions.

December 7th, 2013
Ugh!
After waiting for over 30 minutes, I was finally able to see the doctor for my sinus issues. I did not feel as if the doctor truly listened to my issues and spent only a few minutes talking with me before sticking a scope in my nose. He told me I have allergies, but did not prescribe any medications or made recommendations as over the counter medications had not helped. When I asked for a prescription, all I got was an order for a CT scan. I found out later that I was charged for a "surgery" when he looked up my nose. I have yet to get the scan as my primary referred me to an allergist who listened to my issues and has since helped me develop a regimen that works. I was extremely disappointed with my visit with Dr. Orfaly.

October 24th, 2013
Thanks Dr.Orfaly
He is an excellent ENT I ever met. I had a sinus pressure and pain since 10 years and because of that complete body felt sick and can’t work productively. Other few doctors I seen before keep treating me with allergies and it didn’t help. One day I thought to try a new doctor and end up with Dr. Orfaly. He did a CT scan and allergy test and advice for Functional Sinus surgery (endoscopy). I never had any surgery before so was scared. He never forced me to do it. Finally after 2 months I decided to go for it and he has done an excellent job. After surgery it took nearly 3 weeks for complete recovery but after that, it’s great. I feel I got a new born, no sinus pain and everything great. Only thing is I have to wait for 15-25 minutes most times to see him. I sincerely thank Dr. Orfaly. He is kind, listen to us, gave a great treatment and I am really happy now.

July 19th, 2012
waited forever
It took me almost two hours to get in and see Dr. Orfaly, and I made this appointment 3 weeks ago. Not only did he not apologize for his tardiness, he barely spent any time with me. He told me I had allergies and needed to get tested, and then wants me to get a CT scan for possible sinusitis. The funny thing is that I told him I never had a sinus infection. I just don't get it!

January 29th, 2012
Excellent...
Dr Orfaly is the doctor one is looking for when you expect excellent patient care. Excellent surgeon for septoplasty/turbinate reduction... a step towards resolving my sleep apnea. Also the inova surgery center (same building) is an excellent facility! Highly recommend Dr Orfaly and the iNova Surgery Center in Alexandria!

November 15th, 2011
I strongly recommend Dr. Orfaly, he did a great job with quickly diagnosing the problem and fixing it with surgery. Overall, he is easy going, and a great guy.

April 2nd, 2011
He is a great doctor.
Dr. Orfaly has a nice, calming demeanor - it serves him well. I trusted him after only talking to him for 5 minutes. He went over what my options were and let me decide which one we would go with first. He didn't push anything unnecessary and told me to call him if I had any questions before my surgery any at time. I mentioned that I was nervous after seeing some information online and he told me again to call him with any questions before worrying about anything I read about my procedure online. He is a great doctor. My surgery went well - my nose is nicer than I expected - I had both necessary procedures and a bit of cosmetic fine tuning while they were working on my nose. His staff is very nice and it is nice to go into an office and they see you and know your first name. This was after only being there once.

July 11th, 2010
He is the best. He is very caring and takes all the time you require to make you feel comfortable. I highly recommend. Very easy to talk to.

June 27th, 2010
Dr. Orfaly was very informative, patient with the many questions I had. The office ran very professional, everyone was exceptionally caring. I would recommend anyone needing an expert opinion on surgery and allergies, he would be the one to go to.

May 21st, 2010
Surgery
The best caring Doctor for Surgery ever had.. Office Staff memebers are the exceptions in returning calls , likewise the Dr. Orfaly himself.I strongly recommend this doctor

December 11th, 2009
Good Doctor Bad Billing
Dr Orfaly is a good doctor but his billing department keeps bad records. They submitted a claim to a credit agency for something I never got a bill for. The office will not take phone calls about it. If you go to this doctor the treatment is good but you may receive a call from a credit agency in 2 years about a charge that you already paid.

August 15th, 2009
He listens and takes time with you.You can tell he is very caring.