Neurological Surgeon, Surgeon, Internist

631 Campbell Hill St NW Ste 100
Marietta, GA 30060
770-422-0444
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  HORRIBLE STAFF  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

I've always heard great things about Dr. Javed as a surgeon. However I have found his office staff including the Manager, Debbie, to be very very hateful and unprofessional. Not sure that I will follow up with this office again.

|  I like him  |  show details
by Tim H on Feb 15th, 2014

I didn't end up needing surgery but I liked Dr. Javed. I don't understand comments that say he is rude; he just gets to the point. I admire that, no BS.

|  Great....  |  show details
by Jon M on Jul 29th, 2013

I was amazed with Dr. Javed's knowledge. He was quick to identify what the issues were and knew how to fix them. His staff is even more amazing. They were prompt in returning calls and e-mails. But, I will tell you one thing. Dr. Javed is straight and forward. But, he is one dang good surgeon. 4 weeks after having a few discs replaced, bone spurs removed and spinal fusion.... I was feeling good enough to return to work. I still have some pain. But, the pain is over 80% less than what it was. No more pain down the left arm, no more tingling and no more spasms. Having Dr. Javed do this surgery was one of the best choices I ever made.

|  A Great Experience  |  show details
by Dwayne S. on Jul 16th, 2013

It was truly a blessing having Dr. Javed as my neurosurgeon. He takes his time to explain your condition and the options you have. From the time you meet him, it becomes extremely clear that Dr. Javed cares for your health- not just a payday. His staff is patient and caring as well- they don't rush you or pressure into things at all. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Javed for your needs. He's definitely one of the best in Atlanta!

|  TERRIBLE, RUDE  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

HE IS A DIP STICK

|  Test  |  show details
by Test on Jun 28th, 2013

Test of review

|  PLEASED PATIENT  |  show details
May 28th, 2012

Dr. Javed is very thorough, and is very hands on, meaning that he does not turn diagnostic work or followup work over to an assistant. Fortunately, he ordered an extra diagnostic test on me, which showed that the apparent problem from the first test was not as severe as it originally appeared. He gave me choices of two operations, and answered all of my questions. He is very straight forward, and very serious, with little personal sense of humor, which is what I prefer in a surgeon. He appears to be totally devoted to his work, and not to developing friendships. He did all follow up himself. I would definitely use him again for lower back surgery. VHR

|  Past patient 7 years now  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

Doctor Javed was my second opinion on a cervical herniation. 7 years ago, my pain had gotten so horible i could not sit for more than 15 minutes without terrible pain in my knees and back, migrane headaches every day, numbness in my hands and arms from time to time. Back pain that made me cry it hurt so bad. Doctor Javed is a very quiet and soft spoken man. He is short in his diagnosis time with you because he is just that good and doesnt have to look at your film for hours on end to figure out what he is looking at. If you are looking for a best friend then you are looking for the wrong thing. you should be looking for a qualified, experianced doctor. I am today still at 95% recovery and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. Get over the need for a talk show host and start looking for the talent because he has just that. :O}Thankyou Doctor Javed from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Jun 12th, 2011

Rude,disrespectful, intimidating, no recommendations, scare tactic with unrelated problem;

Nov 10th, 2010

In 2000 Dr. Javed fused my cervical spine after some discs rupture. I have almost full range of motion and a practically invisible scar. Now I have a cyst in my lumbar spine causing sciatia. He was my first choice. His testing is complete, and I have been accurately diagnosed. He will discuss all potential treatment options and pros & cons of each.

|  IME (Independant Medical Exam) - Workers Compensation  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2010

Recentaly I went to Dr. Javed for a IME and found myself leaving with more questions than answers. Dr. Javed would not even listen to my symptoms or concerns. He was only interested in his own diagonose from his findings from a few pen picks and review of an array of medical films. To make matters worse he would not dissuss his thoughts, findings, or concerns. Dr. Javed's explination was "as he is not my treating physcian he cannot comment but he will prepare a official statement and send it to the attorney's in 1 or 2 weeks." Who has more rights to know their own medical history the patient or the attorney's. I went looking for additional answers and found myself more puzzled than previously before. In my opinion if you are not his patient he just wants an additional paycheck. I am sure he is a talented physcian just not one I would visit for answers.

|  Brain tumor  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2010

What insurance do you acceppt?

|  The Patient does not Matter  |  show details
by Scott on Dec 23rd, 2009

I have a history with this so called doctor. Ten years ago I had a herniated disc in my back and he operated on me to remove the herniation. Six months later my disc herniated again and this doctor had to operate on me again. Because of the second operation all my disc material was removed. I have been living in pain for 10 years. I recently saw him to discuss my options. He wants to operate. I recently lost my job and I am living on a budget and cant afford to have the operation. Once he heard this he walked out of the room and did not return. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT PATIENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Kit Meeker  |  show details
by Kit Meeker on Mar 23rd, 2009

Every morning I can get out of bed without having any pain, of the other 6 doctors I saw prior to Dr. Javed, none could diagnose the problem nor would they listen to what I was saying, he listen and then tried many alternatives prior to surgery. He is a shy man who has a great deal of empathy for his patients

Mar 13th, 2009

SORRY DOCTOR THINKS HE IS THE BEST. I WILL NEVER USE HIM AGAIN.

|  Self Centered, Narcissist, Needs New Profession  |  show details
by Saying No To Foreign Doctors on Feb 26th, 2009

Tariq Javed, you are not all that, like you think you are. You need to get your head out of the clouds before you let someone die or really suffer because your golf game or appointments are more important than your patients. Do not go to this foreign Doctor if you are American and need help. He WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU. He is too high and mighty. He does not care about people like he pretends to do. He has lots of self tooting awards hung all over his office, but he is not the man portrayed in those awards. He false advertises to potential patients. I pray no one else is stupid enough to believe the lies that come from your mouth. IMO: This Doctor is in it for the money only from insurance companies. Please do your homework and find a real American Doctor who gives a hoot, and whose rude staff does not act like they work on Rodeo Dr.

Jan 16th, 2009

Very Proffessional in his manner. He answered all questions asked. He is not verbose, yet explains everything well and is realistic in his assessment of the outcome of the needed procedure.