A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tariq Mahmood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tariq Mahmood is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tariq Mahmood, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine, and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Mahmood graduated from King Edward Medical University, Lahore. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Mahmood has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mahmood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- University Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 5 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Tariq Mahmood practice?
Dr. Tariq Mahmood practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology, Allergy, Adult Medicine, and Pediatric Rheumatology near Union, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Newark, NJ.
See Union Internists, Union Rheumatologists, Union Allergists, Union Family Physicians, and Union Pediatric Specialists.