Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

2.5

Apr 12th, 2016

On occasion, Dr. Zia is in a hurry, but normally he is attentive. I like him! He is encouraging. And he has diagnosed my situation accurately.

Staff is horrible or incompetent, Doctor is tolerable show details Staff is horrible or incompetent, Doctor is tolerable
Jan 26th, 2012

Wait times are horribly long. The Dr. does not spend much time with you. And the staff (not all) are rude and seem incompetent. I would not recommend.

Sep 2nd, 2011

2 hrs 45 min. wait.The staff is immediately defensive when presented with a problem. When asked to change information (phone, name, etc) it's not followed through. I felt as if I was a problem to them. This went on for several years before leavin

Waste my time and money show details Waste my time and money
Aug 23rd, 2011

Sorry that my english is not good yet.My OB sent me to Dr. Zia but I read some bad comments about de Zia on the internet so I decided not to go and wait. I few months later my family doctor sent me to dr Zia so I decided to give him a try even I was not too sure.It was a huge mistake. The only good thing at that office is that you can get a fast appointment. Dr. Zia never looked at my eyes except when I asked him to repet what he said to me because I couldn"t understand. He was chewing gum all the time ( I can see the gum in his mouth- disgusting) and he was always looking at his laptop. The two times that I was in his office he never spent more than 7 minutes with me. The second time that I went there because he was going to give me the results of a biopsy was worde. When he got in the room he asked me why I was there. He never took the time to read the chart before he got in the room and what is worse he did not recognizme even I was there two weeks ago. It is easy to know why did he didn;t recognized me.....he never looked at methe first or second time. Be smart and choose a better doctor. Do not send time and money. Lots of trouble with the office people. Terrible service, they told me that the biopsy was already schedule at the hospital and when I went there nothing was done. I have to schedule my biopsy at the hospital by myself and do all the paper work including going back to the doctors office to get the order.Please do not repeat my mistake.Very unfriendly doctor. God bless you.

Jun 27th, 2011

When I first visited Dr. Zia my meds were not working...he has been able to get me on the right dose and now they are working. Waiting time is bad and he doesnt spend as much time with you as you would like but over all he is a good doctor.

Rating show details Rating
Jun 17th, 2011

I would recommend Dr Zia to other patients. Personally, I like a doctor who has better bedside manners. Overall I find him very efficient

Worst dr and staff I have ever been to. show details Worst dr and staff I have ever been to.
May 10th, 2011

I should've "fired" this dr. a long time ago. Every single time I've been to his office, I've waited a minimum of 2 hours. Once I finally got into the room, it was another 30 minutes. Then, when the dr. finally comes in, he's in there for 5 minutes, asks how you feel, tells you that your thyroid numbers look good and leaves. The staff in unbelievably rude. They could careless about the patients. And forget about getting your prescription refilled in you don't have any appointment within 6 months exactly. They will deny your request and tell you that you must "sacrifice your health" since you can't come in any sooner! My next step is complaining to the Texas Medical Board. Ridiculous!

Good Dr. show details Good Dr.
by Kerry Mclean on Nov 11th, 2010

Dr. Zia has been my Dr. for 2 years. He has been very friendly and listened to all of my concerns. My hair was falling out from the first medication and when I requested a change it was no problem. I've seen some really crappy 411's in my day. He is a decent Dr.

Oct 29th, 2010

I think Dr. Zia is a wonderful doctor. I would highly recommend him. His office staff has also been very helpful.

No suggestions from him. show details No suggestions from him.
Oct 10th, 2010

When I have a problem he always referrs me to someone else instead of trying to give his opinion about my problem.

by Barb on Aug 30th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Zia for about 2 years now & haven't had any bad experiences. I do wish he would slow down a bit & take some time to chat about my health issues, but he doesn't. He's professional & polite, his staff is polite as well. I'm not quite sure that he's doing all that he could to help me with my health issues, but I am willing to continue seeing him in hopes that we can figure it all out. I'm assuming there are other, better endocrinologists in the Houston area, but I'm "satisfied" w/this office for now.

May 14th, 2010

I had an excellent experience. I would highly reccomend him.

Good experience show details Good experience
Apr 30th, 2010

We prayed about the visit, after seeing some of the comments written here. The Lord provided a GOOD experience. Dr. Zia spent 35 minutes with me, and wants to run very thorough testing. It might help to be direct and to the point, and business like in your manner when seeing Dr. Zia. Wish the blood result could be given over the phone and much faster than 3 weeks.

I would never refer anyone to this doctor! show details I would never refer anyone to this doctor!
by patient65 on Apr 8th, 2010

I went to Dr Zia for a metabolic/thyroid work up and waited over an hour in an exam room for him to rush in and spend not even 5 minutes with me. He did not exam me he such simply looked at the questions I answered for the nurse and gave me a lab slip and said see you in 3 weeks. I then called his office to see if I could my lab results over the phone & was told I had to come in for a visit-explained that I couldn't and was hung up on-called back 3 times and was screamed at by the office manager. I have requested my lab results 3 times in the last two weeks and still haven't received them. The nurse is rude, the office manager is rude and the doctor simply acts like he doesn't care! I was hung up on when I called to get a refund because I paid $30.00 more on my co-pay than I should have. I can't get lab results or a refund. I am filing a complaint with my insurance company that referred me! Absolutely appalling patient care and customer service!

stuck with him show details stuck with him
by stuckwithzia on Mar 2nd, 2010

i wish more people on my side of town were endocrinologists....until then I'm stick with this moron. he's rude but he's my doctor. he doesnt listen to me...he'll cut me off when i'm speaking and I hardly ever talk! uh so that should tell you something!!!! I don't mind waiting for a doctor for a long amount of him if he's going to listen to me and talk to me. this man never touches me..just shows me my lab and that's it. he gets on my nerves honestly.