Dr. Tarique Perera MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 15 reviews

November 27th, 2016
Taking lots of money ($180,000 in one year) from pharmaceutical companies
Unethical in that he is more concerned about moneythan patients. You can reseacrch the amount of moey he is making JUST from his involvemnet and kickbacks from Big Pharma. This is about hima nd his wallet--not patients who should be his priority. WHy would one doctor have 8 different offices but for the money?

September 4th, 2016
continued
So I had severe, suicidal, treatment resistant depression...could barely function and survive. When I first see parera, he doubts that I am depressed and because I have pooor thinking and memory, he tells me that I have disssociation and must have smoked marijuana laced with ketamine!!??? he says to take abilify...I already did as an augmentor...did nothing. so wedo the tms- helps 0%. I switch to a top doctor.she says I clearly have just depression. she puts me on a very high dose of emsam maoi...a few months later I am finally cured!! this man is arrogant and a disgrace to psychiatry.

July 20th, 2016
Dr. Perera is a very caring, intelligent doctor who has the ability to diagnose your situation with expertise & accuracy.

October 12th, 2015
One of the best
Truly caring Doctor. Always makes himself available when you need to see or speak with him.

July 18th, 2015
Well educated, great memory, personable, courteous, diligent, conscientious, would recommend

July 16th, 2015
Cares only about $$$

July 15th, 2015
Dr. Perera is a fantastic doctor...there are only a few like him. His extremely knowledgeable and makes a very accurate diagnosis. He is also a very caring and patient, takes time from his busy schedule to listen and talk with his patients. I will recommend him anytime to anyone!

May 11th, 2015
Pharmacy-Crazy
My experience with this doctor has been that he spends as little time with me as possible and tries several different meds at the same time. If the meds don't work, he adds more. I think he should introduce them more slowly. He says you have to treat all the issues at once. When having an adverse reaction to a new med, it was 2 days before I got a return call. He doesn't seem to have any interest in finding out the issues behind problems. And he is probably over-booked. Also, he's somewhat hard to understand with his accent.

April 25th, 2015
Dr. Perera is amazing.
I have gone to Dr. Perera for 10 years and feel so lucky that I live in an area where he practices. I know this is world class help I am receiving.

November 5th, 2014
I highly recommend him. He is an amazing doctor.

October 20th, 2014
Dr. Perera is a wonderfully compassionate and knowledgeable doctor who has been tremendously helpful to me in a great time of need. I have recommended him to others and they are just as happy.

October 17th, 2014
I was severely depressed and had tried every medication possible and seen so many psychiatrists and nothing helped. Then someone recommended Dr. Perera and it was the best decision I had made. He was thorough and assessed my situation within minutes and since seeing him I can say a dark cloud has been lifted and I am able to see the light. My son recently told me mom I have not seen you this way in years. Thank you Dr Perera, you saved my life.