Internist, Pediatricians

8595 Picardy Ave
Ste 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
225-763-4900
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  First and Last!!!!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2014

My first experience was my last experience! Staff and doctor didn't show good hospitality. I felt very unwelcomed there. I have never felt that uncomfortable at any of my previous medical appointments. Services were overpriced especially for the unprofessionalism there. I received a phone call from the staff to inform me that my prescription was ready for pick up. I drove 25 minutes to the office to pick up my prescription. I had to want an hour and was then told that I couldn't get my prescription unless I made another appointment. Needless to say that I was there 5 days prior for this same medical issue that my medication was prescribed for. The staff was not knowledgeable and the doctor wouldn't see me without charging me. I still don't understand this type of treatment. The only thing I can come up with is that they wanted more of my money. I have never experienced this level of unprofessionalism. I recently came back from a new doctor. It was great! I underwent further testing, other than a conversation of signs and symptoms, and discovered some medical issues that were not even considered at Dr. Shamlin's appointment. I received my prescriptions the same day and felt like I was taken care of with respect and dignity.

by terica Gibson on Jul 3rd, 2014

Hi Doc! I'm sure you have no clue about what's going on. I have called for over a week for my results from the ultrasound. I was promised a called back several times. I'm very disappointed with the staff. I always was diagnosed with PCOS. I have no clue what I need to do. The only information I've gotten is what I Google. My visit was over 2 weeks. I am again very disappointed. They will call about a bill that's due but they can't call about something that's important to me.

|  Excellent doctor with a great bedside manner & very compassionate.  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2014

Excellent Doctor!!! Very articulate. Glad I chose her as my PCP. Outstanding bedside manner. Very beautiful person inside and out. Very compassionate.

|  unprofessional billing staff  |  show details
by Kimberly B on Oct 29th, 2013

Dr Tasha Shamlin is a wonderful doctor. For the most part her staff is friendly and professional and the office is very clean. However, her billing staff is another issue. I have been a patient of Dr Shamlin's since 2007. Recently I contacted her office to schedule an appointment and was told i could not set an appointment because of an outstanding bill from 2008. I explained to the billing clerk that in all this time i was not aware I owed anything other than my copays, which i have to pay upfront before i see Dr Shamlin. When i asked her why i wasn't notified of the bill (I've had several appointment with Dr Shamlin since 2008), the billing clerk stated "we've had a problem with our billing department not notifying patients of money owed. Before you can see the doctor you need to give us $40. Oh, and the bill has been in collections since 2009." I don't feel that I should be penalized because her office dropped the ball 5 years ago and failed to inform me of a bill. When I asked what services the bill covered I was only told "it was an office visit from 2008. You really need to pay this bill." No one seemed to want to help me find out where this bill originated from or why it took them 5 years to tell me about it. I'm pleased with Dr Shamlin as a doctor, however, due to this most recent interaction with her staff, I am refusing to pay them anything additional and I will be searching for a new doctor.

|  Great Dr, when you can see her.  |  show details
by Lilly B on May 27th, 2013

As far as her doctor skills she is a excellent good doctor. She has a very pleasant bedside manner as well as her Nurse Practitioners. Also it's very easy to get an appointment as long as you don't have to be referred outside their office. That's when it gets dicey. I was referred to a another office for a test, given a time and date, gotten to that office and they had no idea I was scheduled. So that means I had to sit and wait until they sort out their referral issues. (40 minutes) Also my experience with getting test results have been a mess. (3-4 weeks) By the time find out results of previous test its time to take new test. The follow up visits are usually with a Nurse Practitioner (never the same one). It feels more like a visit to a clinic rather than your own doctor's office. My experience with taking my son was even worse. Took him in for a checkup and had to wait for 25 minutes! A 3yr old in a doctor's office, for 25 minutes? I was still willing to give them another shot. On another occasion I called in for a follow up to an ER visit the night before. As far as I'm concerned sick children can't work on a scheduled and shouldn't! No parent wants to hear this first thing in the morning: "Oh, no we can't see him today. Ma'am he had an ER visit last night shouldn't the doctor at least see him? I'm sorry we don't have any openings today." Needless to say it was the last time I brought my son there. I think the real problem is that she has WAY to many patients to build some sort of real relationship with them. Apparently, many people don't have a problem with that because her appointment book STAYS booked. It's just not my thing. I have to feel like my doctor knows what going on and if something happens I can get to my doctor or at least get a call back if I leave an after hours message. I don't want to feel like I'm making an appointment to see the Mayor...

Nov 27th, 2012

Dr Shamlin always takes time to discuss any issues or problems when I have an appointment with her. She is very professional in a friendly way and I have been completely comfortable in her office at all times. The staff is also very friendly and courteous.

|  Dr. Tasha  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Dr. Tasha, is the best, my family was one of her first few patients when she opened her practice in Baton Rouge. She is a family doctor, she's not only interested in the patient but the entire family. I think of her as a daughter, in family practice, she is family. LOVE YOU Dr. Tasha.TS

|  Awesome & Beautiful  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

These are the Most Competent, Smart and Beautiful Doctors. I am a patient of Dr. Tasha C. Shamlin and there has NEVER been a time that she did not give me A-1 Service. I have recommended these 2 Ladies to EVERYONE that ever needed Medical Care. Joel C. Butler

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

I trust my life in Dr. Shamlin's hands!

|  Great Doctor.  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

I love this doctor she is caring and down to earth and I'm glad she is my doctor.

by Jay on Jun 16th, 2009

Dr. Shamlin is gorgeous, too. She has a wonderful smile.